Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Assault on Anghor  (Read 10654 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Assault on Anghor
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2015, 07:48:22 am »

Call out the positions of the enemy to my teammates so we can start getting some effective fire in there.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2015, 11:35:20 am »

In, why not.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »

IN
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2015, 01:29:11 pm »

Hawk132:
"Damn, all that time I've spent chasing that chucklefuck has gone to waste." you say, before looking down at your leg. You apply your first aid on it. The bleeding stops, but you still can't walk. "So, what do we do, Chief?"

"We're gonna stay here, I guess." he says, coming over to apply his first aid on you as well. "Can't really move because of those snipers out there."

Ruludos:
You loot the enemy corpses and find a map detailing military strongpoints throughout the region. If you can get this back to command, you'll be able to launch strategic strikes on the enemies.

"Shit, we should probably call for extract and get that upstairs." James says.

Radio Controlled:
You grab the nades and dog tags of your fallen squad member and head out toward the FOB, through the building. You are the only remaining member of your squad. As you walk through a doorway, you turn on your comms to ask about friendly elements at the FOB. Just as you turn on your comms, you hear a commotion in the next room over. Footsteps.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2015, 02:45:19 pm »

TRAC-5? Drop pods? A republic at war?...

Are you a planetside fan?

cause I want in on this.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2015, 04:39:01 pm »

TRAC-5? Drop pods? A republic at war?...

Are you a planetside fan?

cause I want in on this.
Don't forget the red body armor  ;)

EDIT: Fuck it, I'm officially naming us as the Terran Republic.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 04:42:19 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2015, 06:02:38 pm »

I would also like to point out the brief mind control skit and neurax-5 are a reference. I won't say to what though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:23:48 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2015, 06:19:11 pm »

Guess I'm downloading Planetside again. Gotta get back to crushing NC and VS.

As for my action - I'll listen to my NCO and wait for now. I'll also ask him if we can call for some reinforcements or take the snipers out somehow.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:13:41 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2015, 07:58:35 pm »

"Yeah, this is far more important than just our mission. Let's get away from here in case reinforcements are coming, then radio in for extraction."

Retreat back to our original drop point, then call for reinforcements and extraction.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2015, 10:19:46 pm »

//Shit, sorry I didn't see your turn there Pancaek.

Hawk132:
With both of your first aid applicators at work on your leg, it isn't long before you are able to get up and walk again. "Thanks, sarge. But don't you think we should do something? If we stay here I get the feeling we're gonna get swar-" your voice is cut off by a loud, far-off boom from outside. Your NCO looks up, waiting, confused.

He walks over to a window, and opens it just a pinch. You look outside as well. The people in the street have mostly dispersed, but the few that remain have stopped or slowed down. They heard it as well. Then, you see it. Just a glimmer in the sky. Then another, and another.

"Bombardment, get the fuck down!" your NCO yells.

Pancaek:
You continue firing off bullets towards the apartment buildings and calling out enemies. No matter how much firepower you pour on them, they outnumber you. Eventually, you are fully pinned down. You can't peek your head up without it being blown off. The bullets keep pounding the other side of the cover and against the back wall of the room you're in. You hear your NCO screaming on the radio, "We need backup right now! We are heavily outgunned in the E12 residential district! Any elements in the area, please fucking respond!"

Ruludos:
You begin heading off back towards your drop point. About five minutes into your walk, you can hear the vibration again. You didn't notice it, but it's loud. Very loud. "You hear it too?" you ask James.

"Yeah, I- who's there?" he calls out to the bushes on the left, raising his weapon. "I fucking saw you, come on out!" he yells.

Two men walk out of the bush he's aiming at. Friendlies. You look to the right and see another two come out of the brush on the other side of your path. "Where are you two headed off to, then?" one of them asks, cradling his rifle. He puts his second hand on his grip, and asks, "We're not deserting, are we? Following orders, yeah?"

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2015, 11:25:46 pm »

bump?

*gobbles menacingly*

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2015, 06:37:17 am »

Go hide in a corner of the room (preferably in the 'dead zone' of the incoming peeps). Shoot them if hostile, don't if not.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2015, 08:08:45 am »

Sorry, must've forgotten to post my action after reading the turn.

Take cover!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2015, 10:54:28 am »

Radio Controlled:
You run to a corner of the room, but just as you start running the door busts wide open. A team of enemies is on the other side, doing room clearing. The first into the breach raises his rifle and shoots you twice, dropping you to the floor like a fly.

Hawk132:
You begin running for cover, but a shell immediately lands on the building. Dust and debris fly everywhere. You are stunned and knocked to the ground. When you open your eyes you can't see any other member of your squad and you are still lying in the debris of the building. Another shell lands in the street, sending dirt and cement flying into the air and making a huge crater.

*gobbles menacingly*

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2015, 03:03:58 pm »

stay in cover, Poke my rifle over and fire blindly. Yell to NCO that we seem to be royally fucked over here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13