Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54874 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2015, 11:43:31 pm »

Like, I haven't posted yet. :P

"Reporting for duty."

So, to summarize: We have two cop claims 2 hours into day 1, a bunch of bad grammar (my eyes ;_;), and nearly everything was based on that.

First off, I'd like to say that power roles are much more impactful if they're not opened up immediately. By claiming cop (while actually being a cop), one gives no information to town (you could be lying your butt off the first day) while becoming a night-kill target. Claiming cop while not being one (but still town) you risk being viewed very suspiciously day 1 (and for a good reason), which will confuse everyone and make the real cop (if such exists) very suspicious of you. Claiming it as scum draws unnecessary attention to you. So, pretty bad idea for every side.

Now, I understand this was done to catch out scum day 1 (in reality, just to see who would lie, which isn't always just the scum team). Claiming "rolecop", which is a scum role, instead of "cop", is a fail in itself. :D

Will post again in a bit.

PPE (pre-post edit): NINJAS EVERYWHERE.

yeah I'm a cop and yes my plan failed pretty hard.It's what happens when you downplay yourself and believe everyone saw through your plan. so I revealed I was cop becuase I thought everyone already knew.
So who if anyone is suspicious right now TolyK in your opinion?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2015, 11:47:51 pm »

@aht trying to talk to you is extremly difficult as you stack lie upon lie. I'm simply gonna go ahead and ignore you for the duration of the day. Failing something you tried technically makes you the jackass. And this is by nature a competitive game. People play it yes to have fun, but I have not met an uber casual player as you are suggesting you are.

unvote this guy is a troll and I'm wasting my time with them.

Or not it's cool.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2015, 12:02:57 am »

Ah I'm disappointed in you more then i have ever been disappointed in soneone winning is fun but so is losing it dosent matter how the game goes all that matters is you are happy that you played the game that you learned from it I'm not a troll becuase I'm not trying to brush you off or make your opinion unimportant or unheard but through out this game you've been extremely Rude i joined this game to play a game that I've always seen as cool and admired tge people who were good at it and got an account this year so i can join the forum and interact with the wonderful people on this forum and play this game with the  awsome people on bay12 but roo i can tell your better then petty insults so please don't just brush my opinion off or call it invalid or unimportant or that I'm being a troll we're playing a game and all i want to do is play a fun game on the bay12forums so roo come on let's play this game :D

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2015, 12:07:24 am »

I am secretly hoping hector is scum again. I was right the firet time. Keep talking peeps nothing of interest has happened yet.

No need to keep it a secret, fire away! The quicker we can get rid of baseless accusations, the quicker we can get to scum-hunting properly.

You do always start the game running though, and both times I've seen it, you were killed at least partly because of it. Perhaps an idea to change things up?
No I think that would be a step back for me pereonally in terms of game play. If I started slow I'd just be set there. One way to start scum huntin is to stop fluff posting tho.

@ath I don't believe you but if I did I don't see how that is relevant to my vote. As I said I believe hector was role playing and voted you and you got not mad but certainly upset in some way hence the word slighted.

Called bullshit from the start where he said he wasn't role playing. I reccomend ignoring aht.
Or not it's cool.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2015, 12:11:33 am »

Tolyk, are you trying to throw us off your scent by down-playing your supreme mafia abilities?
Yes. (I wish. :p)

Everyone: How much longer do we want to let the lurkers take advantage of the info we are giving away? Do you believe this is happenings?

((So many questions... I'm on a roll!))
1. There are no lurkers, as of yet, so no.
2. Many questions != good questions, especially if there's little follow-up. Just asking questions won't get you anywhere, you need to latch onto someone that feels off and question them specifically on whatever tingled your senses.

You wanna lnow what!? What are your roles i want to try something
I claim Rolecop! Anyone going to CC me?  :D

...seriously, what are trying here?
Tomasque it appears I've found a scum becuase it is impossible for you to be the town rolecop
Both of you: What?! I can only really assume Tom was joking here, and ATH didn't catch on to it (believing he found scum instantly).

Yes  I'm the Rolecop and I've been hinting at it in some of my posts hoping townies would figure it out
And why im roleclaiming? It's blindingly obvious I'm the rolecop who tried to trick scum into saying they were rolecop becuase i know their lying becuase it's my role and I was hoping the scum were newbish enough to fall for it and now i see how stupid that plan was.
Why don't you think the scum will kill you after day one?
Becuase it's pointless one night isent gonna tell me anything at all and they can kill a more experienced player on day 1 making it easier for them to not be caught then kill me on day 2 and not have to worry about that besides if they killed me that would be to straightforward and expected this is bay12 home of dwarf fortress and if i were mafia I'd kill the experienced player first rather then the nube cop
Well, unless there's a doc in the game there isn't much stopping the mafia from outright killing you, instead of someone more experienced, because you can get a concrete, 100% confirmation (100% only to you, though) while others can only scumhunt. Don't think that your newbiness will save you here.

Yes  I'm the Rolecop and I've been hinting at it in some of my posts hoping townies would figure it out
And why im roleclaiming? It's blindingly obvious I'm the rolecop who tried to trick scum into saying they were rolecop becuase i know their lying becuase it's my role and I was hoping the scum were newbish enough to fall for it and now i see how stupid that plan was.
Uh...what?  Only the scum get a Rolecop.  Are you claiming to be a townie cop, or the scum's rolecop?
I was going to call him out on that!  >:(
 Why did you have to ninja me?
This is actually a good point - either a slip, or he mixed it up (as he said later in this thread). Certainly a point to remember.

PPE: 5 new posts... >.>
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2015, 12:23:16 am »

Roo: If you don't like his post content, then vote him and pressure him. If you don't like his posting style... I'd actually have to agree with you. However, that doesn't give you the possibility of ignoring him - ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. Plus, if he's a real town cop, he's very important to the town.

ATH: Your writing (typing?) style is very hard to read, and it would help everyone if you took more time to format and reread your post to make sure it's readable.
Here's a strategy that helped me when I was still young and beautiful (:/):
- break each sentence into several with a clear, concise purpose and/or point.
- copy your post into a Word document and check for spelling and grammar errors.
- take a break from your post before submitting (10 minutes is fine), then reread it when you come back to see if it still makes sense and is easy to read. You can also catch unintentional slips and other things at this stage.

Well, I haven't had that much time to read through everything, but from what I've skimmed through nearly everyone is acting like hyperactive newbie town. ;)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2015, 12:32:27 am »

I have to go to bed now. Just so this won't evolve into something horrible by next morning: I was joking when I claimed Rolecop. I knew I was "claiming" a maf role, so I thought it would be taken as a joke. The freak accident that was ATH's (honest?) mistake turned it into something I never imagined it would be.

That's all folks!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2015, 12:33:13 am »

Roo: If you don't like his post content, then vote him and pressure him. If you don't like his posting style... I'd actually have to agree with you. However, that doesn't give you the possibility of ignoring him - ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. Plus, if he's a real town cop, he's very important to the town.

ATH: Your writing (typing?) style is very hard to read, and it would help everyone if you took more time to format and reread your post to make sure it's readable.
Here's a strategy that helped me when I was still young and beautiful (:/):
- break each sentence into several with a clear, concise purpose and/or point.
- copy your post into a Word document and check for spelling and grammar errors.
- take a break from your post before submitting (10 minutes is fine), then reread it when you come back to see if it still makes sense and is easy to read. You can also catch unintentional slips and other things at this stage.

Well, I haven't had that much time to read through everything, but from what I've skimmed through nearly everyone is acting like hyperactive newbie town. ;)
Sorry I have disgraphia which impairs my abilty to write and draw.
 it's harder to type on a phone,also i took typing classes for years but i haven't had a working computer in 1 or 2 years so i have an extremely hard time typing.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2015, 12:36:43 am »

@tolyK it definitely does give me that option. Also have you been skimming the thread as opposed to reading it?
Or not it's cool.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2015, 01:12:53 am »

Sorry I have disgraphia which impairs my abilty to write and draw.
 it's harder to type on a phone,also i took typing classes for years but i haven't had a working computer in 1 or 2 years so i have an extremely hard time typing.
Ah, makes sense. Still, the "use a Word document" approach seems useful.

@tolyK it definitely does give me that option. Also have you been skimming the thread as opposed to reading it?
I did just say that, yes. I've been awake for ... two hours? Also, I'm at uni, so that doesn't help that everything happened while I slept. :)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2015, 01:45:57 am »

Just making sure I understood you correctly. Perhaps you should read the thread tomorrow.
Or not it's cool.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 02, 2015, 07:04:26 am »

And this thread exploded.

Skimming over the thread, it appears that I have 2-5 RVS questions and that we have a copclaim day 1. If there's a jailor, then the jailor should jail ATH tonight to protect him. If not, we have a problem.

roo: Why do you think ATH is scum? No one has counterclaimed him yet.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2015, 09:45:52 am »

1scum tells for me are when my gut tells me something is wrong ... not willing to die for the town
Huh? Townies should try not to die, they just shouldnt worry about it. No such thing as dying for town, really, as far as I know.

Yes i have but if they chamge tgeir normal personality to much their gonna appear scummy to me
I'm preety sure I've read games which njw was in

Why im interested i want to catch if two people try and say their a town power role and lynch them for their slip up

a)Really? Not just trying a new style? I say this because my last IN-game actions mostly came across as "moronic noob".

B) You may have read one, otherwise this is just burbling.

c)You know about roleclaiming? Town don't want power roles in town revealed.

READING THROUGH...

ATH: I did get nervous and try to call for defense on my first game, in which I was town. If you're going on false information here, read through rather than relying on an eidetic memory please. It will make you look scummy if you confuse other quotes. And the defence wasn;t a scumtell, I just said something dumb. Nobody here knows my scumtells, as I've never been scum.

Everyone, re ATH's weird dodgy claiming: if we do the "die or be lynched next" thing, the mafia could well not kill him for innocent lynching. Which I'm sure most people already know. If he's mafia, he'll want to exploit this.

I vaguely recall someone asked something about roo being hard to understand. Maybe I used the wrong words to get my points across. Suffice to say misspellings and brevity? I dunno, tbh.

EVERYONE: QUESTION/SUGGESTION: (RHetorically) What has been the effect of TBH's... hard-to-pin-down play, the slight argument between them and roo, and the copclaim? While these are some of the more active posters, most of the disussion has been on this, with a some players only having really posted once or twice. Most points, if you flick htrough the thread, are about that stuff. And does that give us a full enough picture? No, most of the other stuff has been players discussing others' reads on this frankly mindbending mess, while there's been a bit of polite chatter, not much else. This benefits SCUM. SO how about we cool down on posts on this, think for a bit about the issue while not posting on it, and look at other players?

THEDARKSTAR: WHut? One post? Is there gonna be any more of this? You're offline as I type. DId you only have time to skim? Because the I'm not there gambit would work quite well on a D1 as trippy as this.

Everyone: keep in mind there may BE NO COP. Just saying.

Will be online for a few hours, any questions, lad and gells?
Except a lot of you are probably older than me.
This is getting weird.
One wheel short of a wagon

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2015, 10:52:38 am »

Dark Star: I think you wrote (somewhere here) that the jailkeeper should jail ATH. Why did you want to protect the cop if it would roleblock him as well?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2015, 11:01:04 am »

Dark Star: I think you wrote (somewhere here) that the jailkeeper should jail ATH. Why did you want to protect the cop if it would roleblock him as well?
I'd answer this, but I'm curious to know his idea behind this too. ATH isn't "confirmed town".
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45