Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54985 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2015, 08:46:48 pm »

Edit by way of post (EBWOP): RoleCop being the scum team role.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2015, 08:49:57 pm »

I was joking. No offense meant, but I really couldn't take his post seriously (I even thought about claiming tanner/jester :P).
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2015, 08:52:11 pm »

Townie cop i said rolecop becuase my glasses are broken and rolecop and cop are pretty interchangeable but I'm town and I'm a cop so yes im a townie and too enthusiastic for my own good that i left hints everywhere and the mafia if they have been reading my posts most likely already know I'm the cop
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2015, 08:56:46 pm »

So you're claiming cop a few hours into the game, citing the hints you dropped about it.

Would you mind pointing out the hints you dropped?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2015, 09:00:54 pm »

Townie cop i said rolecop becuase my glasses are broken and rolecop and cop are pretty interchangeable but I'm town and I'm a cop so yes im a townie and too enthusiastic for my own good that i left hints everywhere and the mafia if they have been reading my posts most likely already know I'm the cop

What kind of hints do you think you left everywhere?  Why are you confessing to being the cop this early in the game?  How do we know that you aren't just scum claiming to be the cop in a desperate ploy to avoid being lynched? 

Since you claimed cop so early, you are basically guaranteed to die.  If you are the real cop, then the scum will kill you during the night.  If not, then you'll live through the night and we'll lynch you tomorrow.  If there's a real cop, he'll probably investigate you during the night to confirm your guilt.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2015, 09:05:52 pm »

What kind of hints do you think you left everywhere?  Why are you confessing to being the cop this early in the game?  How do we know that you aren't just scum claiming to be the cop in a desperate ploy to avoid being lynched? 

Since you claimed cop so early, you are basically guaranteed to die.  If you are the real cop, then the scum will kill you during the night.  If not, then you'll live through the night and we'll lynch you tomorrow.  If there's a real cop, he'll probably investigate you during the night to confirm your guilt.

Are you going to point out all the things the scum can do with this, or do you want to let them figure it out for themselves?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2015, 09:18:05 pm »

Becuase like an idiot i said anyone who claimed cop would be instantly guilty this implied that no one can be the cop except me and i don't think the scum will murder me at least not today maybe second day I'll probably die but my reading of the mafia games on this site made me cocky and made me think i was way better at this game then i am afterall I've never played a game like this in my life

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2015, 09:20:21 pm »

Becuase like an idiot i said anyone who claimed cop would be instantly guilty this implied that no one can be the cop except me and i don't think the scum will murder me at least not today maybe second day I'll probably die but my reading of the mafia games on this site made me cocky and made me think i was way better at this game then i am afterall I've never played a game like this in my life

What you said was that only you would find them instantly guilty. There was no implication, because it would be an inference by the scum, which is essentially just an educated assumption.

Why don't you think the scum will kill you after day one?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2015, 09:21:11 pm »

EBWOP: I would like for you to provide some quotes to support that you were hinting that you were the cop, please.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2015, 09:27:32 pm »

EBWOP: I would like for you to provide some quotes to support that you were hinting that you were the cop, please.
how do i grab quotes from a previous page?

What you said was that only you would find them instantly guilty. There was no implication, because it would be an inference by the scum, which is essentially just an educated assumption.

Becuase it's pointless one night isent gonna tell me anything at all and they can kill a more experienced player on day 1 making it easier for them to not be caught then kill me on day 2 and not have to worry about that besides if they killed me that would be to straightforward and expected this is bay12 home of dwarf fortress and if i were mafia I'd kill the experienced player first rather then the nube cop

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ghost of Forumites Past
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2015, 09:28:24 pm »

Hey all.  Time to answer the questions I've been given, I'll do a more thorough reading after this and my IC post.

4mask, what sort of gambits do you have in mind for us n00bs?
None of the above, this game is too vanilla for those kinds of shenanigans.  Plus, my job here is to help teach as well as to play.

4maskedwolf:  In your experience, what are the most common scum tells dropped by newbie scum?
Depends on the newbie.  Most new scum get ID'd as scum because they are new.  I'm going to say something about scumtells in a bit, but right now I'm answering questions.

Huh.  I'm impressed with the amount of activity, even if it's only four players talking to each other.

This is my IC voice.  I will use this voice to give general advice and provide theories of mafia play.  My first piece of advice: always keep your wits about you and keep your options open.  Finding someone you think is obviously scum is nice, but there are more than one scum here, and there's always a chance your target isn't scum (unless they were confirmed scum, but in that case there isn't any doubt as to their identity).

Next up, whenever I get around to it, a post of mafia theory.  I'll try to keep it brief since I know nobody wants to read walls of text.
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2015, 09:29:45 pm »

Hey all.  Time to answer the questions I've been given, I'll do a more thorough reading after this and my IC post.

4mask, what sort of gambits do you have in mind for us n00bs?
None of the above, this game is too vanilla for those kinds of shenanigans.  Plus, my job here is to help teach as well as to play.

4maskedwolf:  In your experience, what are the most common scum tells dropped by newbie scum?
Depends on the newbie.  Most new scum get ID'd as scum because they are new.  I'm going to say something about scumtells in a bit, but right now I'm answering questions.

Huh.  I'm impressed with the amount of activity, even if it's only four players talking to each other.

This is my IC voice.  I will use this voice to give general advice and provide theories of mafia play.  My first piece of advice: always keep your wits about you and keep your options open.  Finding someone you think is obviously scum is nice, but there are more than one scum here, and there's always a chance your target isn't scum (unless they were confirmed scum, but in that case there isn't any doubt as to their identity).

Next up, whenever I get around to it, a post of mafia theory.  I'll try to keep it brief since I know nobody wants to read walls of text.
you wanna know what have any advice?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2015, 09:37:24 pm »

Press the quote button after navigating to the page? No idea how to do it on a phone.

Becuase it's pointless one night isent gonna tell me anything at all and they can kill a more experienced player on day 1 making it easier for them to not be caught then kill me on day 2 and not have to worry about that besides if they killed me that would be to straightforward and expected this is bay12 home of dwarf fortress and if i were mafia I'd kill the experienced player first rather then the nube cop

You're also the only player that can definitively say whether someone is scum or not. Assuming you are the cop...

One night is a 2 in 7 chance (assuming a townie is lynched D1 9 players - 1 (you won't investigate yourself) - 1 = 7, 2 of which are scum) to get a hit, which is 28.57%. Would you risk that as scum?

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2015, 09:38:28 pm »

Are you going to point out all the things the scum can do with this, or do you want to let them figure it out for themselves?

It would be a dumb move for the scum to not kill him if he's the real cop.  If they let him live though the night, he'll investigate someone as townie or scum.  Then before we lynch him tomorrow, he can identify the person he checked out as scum or town.  When he's revealed as the cop after lynching, then we'll take his investigation claim seriously.  If he identifies a townie, then that person will probably be the scum's next target during the following night, but if he just so happens to identify one of the scum, it would be disastrous for them.  I don't think the scum would take that chance.

Of course, if a jail keeper intervenes to block the scum's kill, then that could muddy things up a bit.

Eh, whatever the case, Unvote.  Unless someone counter claims cop, it's in our best interest to not lynch AbstractTraitorHero for now.  If he's legit, then we lynch a townie and deny him the chance to investigate somebody at night.  If he's not, then we'll find out by the end of tomorrow.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2015, 09:42:57 pm »

Press the quote button after navigating to the page? No idea how to do it on a phone.

You're also the only player that can definitively say whether someone is scum or not. Assuming you are the cop...

One night is a 2 in 7 chance (assuming a townie is lynched D1 9 players - 1 (you won't investigate yourself) - 1 = 7, 2 of which are scum) to get a hit, which is 28.57%. Would you risk that as scum?
YES I WOULD those are terrible odds for the cop and i can get rid of a more dangerous more experienced player on night 1 which is what i would do
(I only use a phone for the internet and i have no absolutely no idea how to go back a page and take a quote i said i was using a phone in my joining post)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45