Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Knock knock!  (Read 31879 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Knock knock! Welcome to Undertown!
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2015, 11:04:16 pm »

"Science magic works through something called 'physics' which describes the arcane rules that scientist magicians use to weave spells.  This spacecraft is powered by science magic spells, for example.  How does magic work in Undertown?  And is there any way to block that kind of magic?"

Pull over by the side of the road and take the personal star cruisers (two of the 6V-engine, turbo gasoline powered Segways) out of the trunk.

"Do you know how to ride one of these?  We have to get rid of the spaceship because they may have seen its standard intergalactic identification number."

((Sorry about the edit, forgot what the segway was called.))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:42:00 am by Nunzillor »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2015, 10:03:09 am »

"There's a bunch of people after us!"

Go down the stairs.

"I know! But if they were already down in the metro tunnel, then they must be using tracking magic! We have to get down into Old Town fast! No tracking magics ever work there!"

Using elbow tactics your make your way down the stairs, Lisa right behind you. On bottom of the stairs you find wide hand carved tunnels going multiple directions. Supports are partially carved out of live stone and rest are made of wood. Some supports have been carved into art, giant snakes or statues holding the tunnel on their backs, some supports have more traditional engravings. Tunnels are lit via various means. In some tunnels you see power cables hanging from ceiling and gritty 60 watt light bulbs providing light. Some have torches, others have odder type of bluish lanterns.

And people here are real culture shock. Humans in so numerous styles of worn clothing that you wouldn't be suprised if there was a cosplaying convention somewhere. Big muscular gray dudes with flat face and notable fangs. Knee high garden gnomes come navigating between feets of larger beings. People with horns.

You stop to stare all this like an idiot. Lisa runs past you and pulls you towards tunnel with torches.

(No idea where William came from :P)
"Sure, its upstairs first room to the right."

While Lisa is showering Samuel shall call the police again and demand to have a cop come to his house now. He has a child, that was covered in mud, wandering into his house half starved talking about people trying to kill her. If that is not a worthy matter for someone to be sent to investigate into, then the neighborhood might as well stop calling the police.

"Thanks." Lisa stuffs her mouth full with both hands, carefully takes the clothes and runs into the shower.

Police says that all of their patrols are preoccupied at moment, but one will stop by as soon as they have time.

Unload my glock into the guy's face, ignoring the pain as i am still at least half drunk, and remember! Hit the one in the middle!

Oh right, the big guy must be following the doggie! You partially sit up and aim the pistol to direction of trashed room. Yes, here he comes! Bang bang bang! But the big guy is not where you are aiming to. He dropped low and rolled out of the way and now you are out of bullets!

And your phone rings. Judging by the ringtone it is that crazy Dr. Von Glitzinger.

Throw the door open and drag whoever is knocking inside, pointing my pistol at their face. "Who sent you? How did you find this place? Were you followed?"

It turns out to be scared street urchin, gender unidentifiable due all dirt covering his/her face and clothes.

"Nobody sent me I'm sorry don't shoot me I'm just trying to hide from bad guys pleaseletmegoIpromiseIwonttellanyone!"

Ask where she wants to hide, and suggest hiding in the wine cellar downstairs.
"Where do you want to hide? Mommy keeps her alcohol downstairs, we could hide there?"

"Can it be locked from inside? If yes, that would be great."

"Science magic works through something called 'physics' which describes the arcane rules that scientist magicians use to weave spells.  This spacecraft is powered by science magic spells, for example.  How does magic work in Undertown?  And is there any way to block that kind of magic?"

Pull over by the side of the road and take the personal star cruisers (two of the 6V-engine, turbo gasoline powered Segways) out of the trunk.

"Do you know how to ride one of these?  We have to get rid of the spaceship because they may have seen its standard intergalactic identification number."

((Sorry about the edit, forgot what the segway was called.))

((I question sanity of using turbocharged V6 engine for a Segway, but whatever, you are the crazy inventor. Don't expect much of mileage for these.))

"I guess we mean different things with science. Eh, there's lots of magic types down there, each with their own rules. All forgotten by the world above. I don't know any way to block magic, but I suppose there's some. I never really studied magic that much."

Lisa stares at your Segways black expression on her face. "I don't even know what those are."

Dustan Hache haven't yet answered your call. He might be busy. Or he might be waiting you to stop.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2015, 10:14:07 am »

Wonder whether this is all a dream. Drop another slippery mine.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2015, 10:30:02 am »

Curse the poor timing on my cellphone, get out my hunting knife from my pocket, stand, and pray not to die while charging the strangely agile man.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2015, 11:02:46 am »

While Lisa is showering, Samuel shall try to clean up any mess Lisa has made with her muddy clothing and clean up the leftovers she was eating.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2015, 11:48:16 am »

"Oh you're early!  I wasn't expecting you for at least another two hours.  Let me see... shielding, here we go..."

Fetch shield (literally metal dustbin lid hammered into a shield shape with attached handle, wrapped in old boot leather, with "magic runes" sketched around the outside), give to Lisa.  Get wizard's staff (stout wooden broom handle, boot leather wrapping around grip pieces and various knick-knacks tied by string to the ends to make it look more magical), pocket several mana crystals (literally just copper sulphate crystals).

"Oh, you'll want this just in case."

Hand Lisa a magic wand (lead pipe painted gold with more runes painted on it).

"Oh!  Mustn't forget my fireballs.  Heh heh."

Get "magic rod" (filled deodorant spraycan painted to look magical, with a lighter taped to the front and painted to look like bronze, complete with dodgy home made trigger).

"Right then, where's the quest starting?  Oh, names!  I'm Snivellus Rumbleroar, who are you?"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2015, 12:08:22 pm »

Final statement of my cop:
"I...blame....Die..Hard...oof"
Collapse dead.
_______
Respawn as a lazy couch potato watching TV.  If I hear knocking, walk over to the door and open it carelessly.  Be angry if it's not the pizza guy
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2015, 12:42:22 pm »

Wonder whether this is all a dream. Drop another slippery mine.

Dream? Quite possibly. You don't remember the point when you fell asleep, but then again you never remember that. Slippery mine? You mean to shit on your pants? Please don't...

Oh and there's someone following you, or possibly running in same direction with conviently similar speed.

Curse the poor timing on my cellphone, get out my hunting knife from my pocket, stand, and pray not to die while charging the strangely agile man.

"Damn you insane scientist man for calling me in such inconvient time!"

Apparently gods aren't listening today. The man dodges your half drunken swing and swipes your legs under you bringing you into his level. Curiously the kid is very silent. Although this guy is even more curious since he doesn't appear to have those big plated arms which destroyed your front door but long snake like fingers ending in long and sharp claws.

While Lisa is showering, Samuel shall try to clean up any mess Lisa has made with her muddy clothing and clean up the leftovers she was eating.

By time you finish cleaning, so does Lisa her showering. Dressed in your daughters old clothes Lisa reminds you about her when she was still young. Black hair tied in ponytail, face and body somewhere in between of child and woman.

"Thanks again, I feel like I have reborn. With this I can probably pretend to not be me. As long as they don't use any magic for tracking or haven't captured others, I could slip under their radar and prepare."

"Oh you're early!  I wasn't expecting you for at least another two hours.  Let me see... shielding, here we go..."

Fetch shield (literally metal dustbin lid hammered into a shield shape with attached handle, wrapped in old boot leather, with "magic runes" sketched around the outside), give to Lisa.  Get wizard's staff (stout wooden broom handle, boot leather wrapping around grip pieces and various knick-knacks tied by string to the ends to make it look more magical), pocket several mana crystals (literally just copper sulphate crystals).

"Oh, you'll want this just in case."

Hand Lisa a magic wand (lead pipe painted gold with more runes painted on it).

"Oh!  Mustn't forget my fireballs.  Heh heh."

Get "magic rod" (filled deodorant spraycan painted to look magical, with a lighter taped to the front and painted to look like bronze, complete with dodgy home made trigger).

"Right then, where's the quest starting?  Oh, names!  I'm Snivellus Rumbleroar, who are you?"

She takes all you give her with delight. "Oh, thank you. Thank you! I can never repay this! But I can't use this, it's too big." she hands the "wizard staff" back.

"I'm Lisa. Quest? What you mean by quest?"

Final statement of my cop:
"I...blame....Die..Hard...oof"
Collapse dead.
_______
Respawn as a lazy couch potato watching TV.  If I hear knocking, walk over to the door and open it carelessly.  Be angry if it's not the pizza guy

The cop collapses dead. A man wearing hood, cloack, shoulder pads, ski glasses and silenced hunting rifle climbs through shattered window and takes the kid.

What a let down! This show is shit! And that is better be the pizza delivery boy because he's already is late! As it turns out it's not pizzaboy, but some dirty beggar child, no doubt wanting your hard earned money.
"You are not my pizza!" you shout scaring the kid. "Get lost!"

The kid runs away. The pizza guy comes later on that night and turns out to be a junkie high on drugs. He stabs you death and eats the pizza while sitting on your corpse.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2015, 12:56:57 pm »

Run faster than the someone.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2015, 01:00:14 pm »

Well, since we are on his level now, nothing is stopping us from killing him with a good stab to the face. God help me if I actually survive.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2015, 01:22:59 pm »

"No use in letting you go. Even if you weren't sent by anyone, they'll have followed you." Slam the door shut as I talk and lock it. "Which means that we have to get moving. But first, I gotta get all of my data. Can't have them find that. And then there's the surprise I set up in case this ever happened."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2015, 01:26:50 pm »

"I must see this underground science magic for myself.  It sounds astounding!  Amazing!  Blinding in its brilliance!  Please Lisa, bring me to this place of technomagical wonder!  As for the star cruisers, don't worry.  Just start slow and you'll get the hang of piloting."

Hang up the phone.  He must be busy with science magic.  Get on the star cruisers, make sure the fusion reactor is online (fuel is topped off) and head towards where Lisa says Undertown is.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:32:13 pm by Nunzillor »

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2015, 01:38:18 pm »

"Magic?...Have been talking with that strange fellow down the street...and who are these others your talking about? I really fill like you should explain a bit more about this situation."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2015, 06:54:10 pm »

"You know, tonight's quest?  Oh, you must be - Right, of course.  Well, last time we pla- I mean, last time someone sought a wizard like myself's aid, it was because they were fighting the Cabal of Deadliest Night!  I was actually expecting a fighter this evening, but any one who needs help can seek aid from a wizard!  So what aid do you seek, and where shall we go to get it?"

Jam golden lead pipe up sleeve, tuck neatly in shirt so I can pull 'wand' out if needed.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2015, 09:31:46 pm »

"Hmm....I think so."
Respond in the affirmative, and then follow the girl.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14