Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Knock knock!  (Read 31877 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Knock knock! Welcome to Undertown!
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2015, 12:01:02 pm »

Run faster than the someone.

Well you ain't outrunning the someone and Lisa is too busy guiding you to notice the someone. Also Lisa is smaller than people between you and the someone which further restricts her ability to spot him.

Well, since we are on his level now, nothing is stopping us from killing him with a good stab to the face. God help me if I actually survive.

The guy grabs your wrist before the blade connects and tries to stab his claws into your face, but you somehow manage to grab and stop his fingers before damage is done. Gods of neutrality are probably helping you there.

"No use in letting you go. Even if you weren't sent by anyone, they'll have followed you." Slam the door shut as I talk and lock it. "Which means that we have to get moving. But first, I gotta get all of my data. Can't have them find that. And then there's the surprise I set up in case this ever happened."

"Oh damnation, out of the frying pan into the fire." The kid isn't struggling anymore.

"I must see this underground science magic for myself.  It sounds astounding!  Amazing!  Blinding in its brilliance!  Please Lisa, bring me to this place of technomagical wonder!  As for the star cruisers, don't worry.  Just start slow and you'll get the hang of piloting."

Hang up the phone.  He must be busy with science magic.  Get on the star cruisers, make sure the fusion reactor is online (fuel is topped off) and head towards where Lisa says Undertown is.

Yep, personal cruisers are all ready to go.

"Uh, I'm not sure of directions up here. Any metro station or other tunnel should be fine as starting point. Probably not the closest one."

Hmm, there's one road going partially underground, under a big shopping center on hill. And then a metro station... uh, about same distance away in the direction you were going before deactivating fusion limiters (using nitro). With your current method of transportation it would take about 10 minutes to reach either.

"Magic?...Have been talking with that strange fellow down the street...and who are these others your talking about? I really fill like you should explain a bit more about this situation."

"Ah, yeah, I probably should. The others are other mes, created by a escape spell my dad..." Her explanation is cut short by heavy thumping from your front door. Someone is beating you door hard.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are! Hahahaha!" Someone shouts with deep, grating voice.

"You know, tonight's quest?  Oh, you must be - Right, of course.  Well, last time we pla- I mean, last time someone sought a wizard like myself's aid, it was because they were fighting the Cabal of Deadliest Night!  I was actually expecting a fighter this evening, but any one who needs help can seek aid from a wizard!  So what aid do you seek, and where shall we go to get it?"

Jam golden lead pipe up sleeve, tuck neatly in shirt so I can pull 'wand' out if needed.

"Oh, I thought you were also a seer when you said you were waiting me. Pity, a seer would have been really awesome." The kid says. Then s/he hastily continues. "Not that a wizard isn't awesome, you totally are super awesome!"
"Well, I'm running away from kidnappers who killed my dad, so I need a place to safely hide in. And... ah, Old Town would be best really. If others stop to think that's where they would go. Ah, but all this you gave is far more than I ever hoped for, you don't need to burden yourself any further!"

"Hmm....I think so."
Respond in the affirmative, and then follow the girl.

More like you lead the girl to your mother's wine cellar, because you live here and she doesn't. She studies the hatch for a moment.

"Yeah, this should keep them away for a while. Hopefully long enough to make them believe I'm not here." She slips down the stairs. "They probably ignore you if you ignore them, so... will you come down?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2015, 01:18:12 pm »

Then just run after Lisa and hope she knows where she's going.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2015, 01:25:23 pm »

"Escape spell!?.. Umm we will talk about this later. Seems like we have bigger problems right now. That doesn't sound like a police officer...Lisa, the backdoor is in the kitchen. There is a fence gate next to the plum tree in the backyard. We will talk about this magic later."

Samuel will peak out of a window and see who is outside.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2015, 02:42:19 pm »

since we now have his claws in our hands, lets make him suffer for em. twist the wrist to the breaking point in a attempt to prevent him from doing anything, before attempting another stab, this time at his chest.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2015, 03:10:04 pm »

Start downloading all of my sensitive data onto a thumb drive. While that process is running, start arming the homemade bombs planted throughout the house. "Looks like we're in this together now, squirt, like it or not. There's a shower upstairs where you can get cleaned up."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2015, 05:37:00 pm »

Go down too.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Nunzillor

« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2015, 07:34:36 pm »

Take the cruiser to the wormhole (tunnel), basking in the glow of the beautiful stars around me as I travel through space.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:22:44 am by Nunzillor »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2015, 06:45:55 am »

Dropping Graknorke, Peradon, Tawarowitch, birdy15 and Origamiscienceguy to release few Lisas from limbo.

Then just run after Lisa and hope she knows where she's going.

You two keep running, until you the tunnel opens into larger cave. This one has a nice central road and various buildings on both sides. They are all older design, some apartment buildings, some town houses, one that might one time been a shop, but now in quite rundown state. Light is provided by torches and few lonely halogen lamps. Around middle of the cave, on left side, is a large building sized hole in the ground and few people standing around it.

"That's the entrance into Old Town!" Lisa says pointing at the hole. "We gotta jump in and we are almost safe!"

From behind you you hear a shout: "Chasing the prey!" Basically everybody on the road turns around to look who shouted, then at you and finally backing out of the way. Which leaves you two in plain sight. One group of people at the hole pulls out weapons. A net, bolas, spear, pistol.

"Crap! Of course they were waiting!"

"Escape spell!?.. Umm we will talk about this later. Seems like we have bigger problems right now. That doesn't sound like a police officer...Lisa, the backdoor is in the kitchen. There is a fence gate next to the plum tree in the backyard. We will talk about this magic later."

Samuel will peak out of a window and see who is outside.

"Sounds like orks. They are big and dumb. Be careful." she says before going to the backdoor.

Peeking from window you spot two large figures at the door. Gray skin, wide wide shoulders, leather jackets with torn off sleeves, mohawk, flat face, fangs, juggalos face paint, spiked shoulder pads, chains wrapped around wrists, fists like hammers pounding your door. "Stop hiding!"

It seems very unreal and same time too real.

since we now have his claws in our hands, lets make him suffer for em. twist the wrist to the breaking point in a attempt to prevent him from doing anything, before attempting another stab, this time at his chest.

Nah bro, you aint strong enough, or he's too strong. Either way, you die because the big dog comes and crushes your skull with wits massive jaw.

Start downloading all of my sensitive data onto a thumb drive. While that process is running, start arming the homemade bombs planted throughout the house. "Looks like we're in this together now, squirt, like it or not. There's a shower upstairs where you can get cleaned up."

You release her and go on your business with downloading data and arming bombs. The kid uses the opportunity to sneak out of the house and escape. You too make your escape after securing the data.

Later on that night they find you. They beat you until you vomit blood and bleed from all orifices. "You think you could double-cross us? Hmm? Maybe you know better in your next life." he says while holding the thumbdrive in front of your eyes. They leave you bleeding and naked into a warehouse where you die in pool of your own blood.

Go down too.

You climb down and lock the hatch behind you. It is a bit chilly down here but at least you aren't alone. While you wait you two chat about random little girl things, but it would seem that Lisa, as she introduces herself, isn't very informed about current trends of playing and fashion.

You hear muffled steps above and chattering. Doesn't sound like your parents.

Take the cruiser to the wormhole (tunnel), basking in the glow of the beautiful stars around me as I travel through space.

Random asteroids (road bumbs) occasionally knocks you and Lisa over, but otherwise you have very pleasant trip. The lesson of the trip is that you should look at the radar while cruising around instead of star gazing.

The brightly lit wormhole has some traffic. Not terribly much, nowhere as much as on prime daytime, but few starcrafts and freighters pass nearby. A bit too often for you to feel comfortable fly into the wormhole with your personal cruiser. Down in the wormhole you see a person with malfunctioning SEP field. A space janitor (wearing cloak and hood), carrying a bag size of small human. Every time the bag twitches the space janitor seems to jump into your conscious only to slip off seconds later.

"Might be better if we wait until he's gone, just to be safe." Lisa says, seemingly unaffected by the SEP field.

Deathcount: 10.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2015, 06:55:54 am »

Ask Lisa what to do now.
"So, what do we do?

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2015, 08:12:05 am »

Pray to the RNG for 6s only. Shoot the one with a pistol in the head, jump over the bolas, roll from under the net and grab it, parry the spear and wrestle it away. Net two of the people, spear the third, and jump!
I'm with stupid |
                      v

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2015, 05:01:04 am »

Ask Lisa what to do now.
"So, what do we do?

"Now we hope they won't find us. And if they do, then... we try to run away."

The sounds above continue for few minutes before fading away. Lisa suggests for waiting a bit longer to ensure they are really gone.

"Huh, guess they are gone now. Sounds like they didn't have any good trackers with them."

Pray to the RNG for 6s only. Shoot the one with a pistol in the head, jump over the bolas, roll from under the net and grab it, parry the spear and wrestle it away. Net two of the people, spear the third, and jump!

Boom, pistolero dies before he can get chance to aim and the spearman gets peppered by few stray pellets! The guy with bolas doesn't throw it at you, but at Lisa who jumps over it. The net, large as it is, is too slow to capture either of you. You grab the falling net, spin and throw it back in one fluid motion capturing the bolas thrower and spearman. Wow, you ought be proud of yourself!

Only the net thrower stands between you and the hole. Your stalker and two others sprint from the crowd towards you and Lisa.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2015, 05:17:53 am »

Wait with Lisa.
"I hope mommy and daddy come home soon. They'll help!"

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2015, 05:25:14 am »

CHARGE! Then slide and kick him in the groin. Get in the hole, Lisa first.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Nunzillor

« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2015, 07:58:45 am »

"Good idea.  I've never seen that kind of space janitor before, do you know if they travel in groups or generally alone?"

Get off the personal cruisers and EVA behind some space debris with a good view of the wormhole.  Wait until the space janitor leaves and then start sneaking towards the wormhole.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:12:04 am by Nunzillor »

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2015, 09:21:32 am »

Samuel makes a sound that sounds like something in the middle of a squeak and a scream, before running as fast as he can out the back door with Lisa.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14