Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Knock knock!  (Read 31897 times)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Knock knock! Welcome to Undertown!
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »

"I have a kitchen knife, but beyond that I have no weapons. This is a very nice neighborhood, no real reason to ever have one. So may I ask why you are being chased?"

Samuel will then notice the dirtiness of Lisas clothes.

"Do need some dry clothing? I have some clothing, from when my daughter was about the same height as you, stored away in a closet somewhere."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2015, 05:45:09 pm »

Open the door.
"Hello? Are you a monster?"
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2015, 10:01:05 pm »

Open door, place spectacles upon crooked nose, scratch long flowing white beard and adjust wizard's robes.

"Yes?"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2015, 04:10:23 am »

"Where did the other, uh, pieces of you go?"

Keep on following her.

"Different directions." Lise shrugs. "I dunno. It was, like, messy situation. Run or be caught. I didn't have time to plan anything."

The tunnel ends and joins with actual metro tunnel. On left side of tunnel is a clock and sheet of paper fixed on the wall, the paper listing dates and times. While Lisa studies the paper and clock you peek into the metro tunnel. It's a thin one, there's barely any space for person to be between wall and metro when it comes. You see one group of people coming your direction, running quite fast.

"Ah, we are just in time! If we run real fast we can make it to the next tunnel before trains start rolling and crush us! Should buy us plenty of time."

Turn down the thrust a little bit, cross the nearby state line and look for a large lake with few people nearby.

"Enemy magicians?  It is lucky that you have found me, an eminent science magician!  But perhaps there is someone else that can assist, someone that is almost as great of a scientist as myself."

Call Dustan Hache's character over the ship's outbound communicator (Bluetooth).

Yeah, alternative space pirates(police) don't like people who use FTL travel(over speed limit). Better slow down to speeds that doesn't catch in their radar. Where do you think you are? There's no state lines within a city. You know one park pond nearby, but at this time of day it might be inhabited by space spice sniffers.

"I thought all magic was forgotten and fallen into Undertown. How does science magic work?"

Calling. Let's see if he can answer. HEY DUSTAN HACHE! YOUR CELLPHONE IS RINGING IN YOUR POCKET!

Grab my gun, tell the kid to be quiet and hide, and place the audio recording device on the right side of the room.  Set it to begin replaying the child's testimony after 30 seconds.  Then sneak over to the left side of the room.  Stealthily unlock my front door as I pass by it.  Stay behind cover on the left side of the room.  Once the device starts playing and the cronies bust in, observe them carefully from my position.  Shoot at the intruder(s) after they discover my little trick.

Yeah, you were shot through window and you want to run few times back into line of fire? Sounds real smart move. Ok, let's see how many times you will be shot at.

You roll backwards with smooth motion and pull your pistol hidden in certain drawer while the kid sprints into a corner. It's a dead corner too, no way to move out without being seen from outside. You place the recorder down and set replay on timer. Hopefully it is enough to distract the assassin. Hopefully you can sneak past its view of vision within time. You have many things to hope for...

So. First challenge: Sneak.
Result: A bullet through your lung.
Conclusion: You're so fucked.

"I have a kitchen knife, but beyond that I have no weapons. This is a very nice neighborhood, no real reason to ever have one. So may I ask why you are being chased?"

Samuel will then notice the dirtiness of Lisas clothes.

"Do need some dry clothing? I have some clothing, from when my daughter was about the same height as you, stored away in a closet somewhere."

"I'm so fucked... I knew something they want to know and it is real bad if they get to know it. And they don't hesitate to kill  anything that's between them and their goal. Yea, new clothes would be great. Should work as a disguise."

Open the door.
"Hello? Are you a monster?"

Behind the door is a kid, maybe older than you, who haven't bathed for a week.

"Oh fuck. Ah, no, I'm a human, but I have some running after me. Do you have any adults at home?"

Open door, place spectacles upon crooked nose, scratch long flowing white beard and adjust wizard's robes.

"Yes?"

Behind the door is a child who's really dirty, or as good cosplayer as you are. Maybe even better, because your fake beard almost comes off. The kid stares at you few seconds, mouth agape.

"Wow! I can't believe my luck! Effin' wizard up here! Ah, excuse me your wizardyness, do you have teleportation spell available or a pocket dimension or some sort of shielding? I have nothing to pay it with at moment but I promise I get you something woth of it!"

I'm starting run out of Lisas, I already have 13 of them running around.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2015, 04:13:38 am »

Turn down the thrust a little bit, cross the nearby interstellar government boundary (state line) and look for a star (lake) with few people nearby.

"Enemy magicians?  It is lucky that you have found me, an eminent science magician!  But perhaps there is someone else that can assist, someone that is almost as great of a scientist as myself."

Call Dustan Hache's character over the ship's outbound communicator (Bluetooth).
((Where is this set?))

I took my sweet time working with the turn, while working with my RL job. Setting is somewhere in europe in modern times. Perhaps UK, perhaps not. Probably in fictional Idon'tcarelandia.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2015, 06:39:24 am »

"They are upon us! Run!"

Run in the opposite direction. Look for doors which look like they could lead to maintenance areas.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2015, 08:55:42 am »

((Well, my plan utterly failed.  I probably shouldn't have based it on something I saw in an action movie.   :P))
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2015, 08:58:00 am »

"No, mommy and daddy went to a grownups party. Do you want to hide?"
Tell the child that, then ask if she wants to hide.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2015, 11:34:59 am »

"Just give me a second to go and get the clothes. I have some leftovers in the fridge if you need something to eat in the meantime."

Samuel walks upstairs and search through his daughters closet for some clothing. He finds a collection of tacky sweaters (probably knitted by his mother), various probably hip looking pieces of clothing, and a brand new pair of flip-flops. Samuel will grab as much of the clothing as he can and bring it downstairs for Lisa.

(Absolutely no personality disorder going on here boss)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:57:18 pm by Ama »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2015, 02:18:19 pm »

"They are upon us! Run!"

Run in the opposite direction. Look for doors which look like they could lead to maintenance areas.

((I assume "oposite direction" means backwards.))

"What?" Lisa turns to look at you and after noticing you running other direction she expected she says it again. "What?" and runs after you.

The tunnel was rather void of doors and still is. The only entrance is the carved one leading downwards you passed earlier.

((Well, my plan utterly failed.  I probably shouldn't have based it on something I saw in an action movie.   :P))

Action movies are not very good role models, aren't they? Anyway. Die and restart? Or do something heroic on your last breath?

"No, mommy and daddy went to a grownups party. Do you want to hide?"
Tell the child that, then ask if she wants to hide.

"I see. Yeah, hiding place would be real good. You have a good one in mind? Because these monsters are real good at finding things."

"Just give me a second to go and get the clothes. I have some leftovers in the fridge if you need something to eat in the meantime."

William walks upstairs and search through his daughters closet for some clothing. He finds a collection of tacky sweaters (probably knitted by his mother), various probably hip looking pieces of clothing, and a brand new pair of flip-flops. William will grab as much of the clothing as he can and bring it downstairs for Lisa.

I thought you were Samuel? Is this identity crisis? Multiple personality disorder?

"Thanks. I haven't had a proper meal for a while!"

When you come back downstairs you find Lisa in kitchen, stuffing herself with quite large serving. Heh, she must be on the growing age. Or starved. Which is standard state of kids in that age.

"Mmm." she mumbles mouth full of food. "Those will work well. I probably should wash my face and hair to look better in those. May I borrow a shower?"
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2015, 02:23:44 pm »

"There's a bunch of people after us!"

Go down the stairs.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2015, 02:42:22 pm »

(No idea where William came from :P)
"Sure, its upstairs first room to the right."

While Lisa is showering Samuel shall call the police again and demand to have a cop come to his house now. He has a child, that was covered in mud, wandering into his house half starved talking about people trying to kill her. If that is not a worthy matter for someone to be sent to investigate into, then the neighborhood might as well stop calling the police.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:58:31 pm by Ama »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2015, 02:53:02 pm »

Unload my glock into the guy's face, ignoring the pain as i am still at least half drunk, and remember! Hit the one in the middle!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:59:06 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2015, 06:08:27 pm »

Throw the door open and drag whoever is knocking inside, pointing my pistol at their face. "Who sent you? How did you find this place? Were you followed?"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2015, 09:28:01 pm »

Ask where she wants to hide, and suggest hiding in the wine cellar downstairs.
"Where do you want to hide? Mommy keeps her alcohol downstairs, we could hide there?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14