Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Choice of Wrestler: SLAMMED!  (Read 7864 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: Choice of Wrestler: SLAMMED!
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2015, 03:57:06 pm »

1. Tell her truthfully, "Sure, it's no problem."
Max avatar size is 80x80

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2015, 09:50:15 pm »

Lance's face brightens up. "You won't regret it. I'll make you look like a million bucks when you do win."

"You'd better," you say. The two of you quickly come up with a new plan for the match, then you excuse yourself to go find Sam.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You finally find Sam, surrounded as usual by computers and recording equipment, talking to a pair of technicians about the choreography of the lights for one of the entrances.

"Sam, my—"

"Hey, hey, if it isn't the woman of the hour! Shouldn't you be in your gear by now?"

You would be if you hadn't spent the last half hour looking for him. "Sam, about my so—"

"Oh, oh, have you been checking the BWF forums?" He's not even looking at you. "Those little vignettes we've been running have drummed up a lot of interest in you, my friend."

He turns to you with a smile.

"People are saying you look strong enough to give Marge Large a run for her money."

Sam nods to himself, exuding self-satisfaction.

"I heard a few girls talking about how they can't wait to see you get your ass pummeled."

You grin. "Well then, I guess we're going to have a few disappointed customers after tonight's—"

You break off and shake your head. "Wait, that's not even important right now."

1. "I need to choose an entrance song!"

2. "You need to help me pick an entrance song!"

3. "Will you please listen to me?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam cracks his knuckles, then tabs through a few windows on his nearest computer monitor.

"Don't worry, I've been thinking about that. I didn't want to make a final decision without consulting you."

He opens an audio file. A blistering guitar solo rises to a crescendo in the first five seconds, then is abruptly cut off, before the song kicks in again with a woman singing about how the world is too small for her ambitions.

"This one is called 'Broken Shell,' by the Witchers. If you want something a bit more classic in nature…"

You hear trumpets and a steady, cascading beat, without lyrics. It's rough around the edges, but gets across a feeling of triumph. It reminds you of the type of theme music they had during the Adjective Era (the term fans use to refer to the GWA in the eighties, when cartoonish characters were the rule).

"This one is 'Steel Patriot,' done by a student from my alma mater. Big wrestling fan. But if you want something contemporary…" Sam clicks the third file.

"Hey," you say, "I know this one. 'Girl Rising,' right?"

Sam grins. "I am such a fan of Ecstasy."

"Yeah, I saw the standee in your room. Have I ever told you that you're kind of creepy?"

"Shut up. This song still gets a lot of airplay. Starts slow, but everyone knows it, and it has a great rap chorus once you get to the ring."

"No one else is using it?"

Sam shrugs. "No one in the BWF or the GWA, and that's good enough for me. So which one do you want to go with?"

1. "Broken Shell" - the metal song

2. "Steel Patriot" - the instrumental song

3. "Girl Rising" - the popular rock-rap song

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2015, 09:56:34 pm »

Definitely Broken Shell for Ms Mangler.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2015, 08:35:21 pm »

1. "Broken Shell" - the metal song
Max avatar size is 80x80

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2015, 08:51:48 pm »

((I like this game a lot. So much, i won't even spoil it for you lot!))
Broken shell.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2015, 09:59:18 pm »

Assuming those songs really exist, could somebody please link to them?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2015, 03:29:14 am »

I don't think they do, sorry.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2015, 03:49:57 am »

Sam nods, then turns back to his computers. "You're the boss. Let me just slot that in here and—"

"There you are!" You turn to see Vinnie Gaider stomping toward you, chomping on his trademark unlit cigar. The promoter of the Borderless Wrestling Federation is a small, balding man who positively vibrates with restless energy. Usually it's a positive energy, but the expression on his face tells you that's not the case at the moment.

"Hey Vinnie," Sam says, without turning around. "We're going with Broken Shell for Maria the Mangler's entran—"

"What for clothesline's sake are you still doing here?!"

Uh-oh. Vinnie only starts using wrestling terms as cuss-substitutes when something's really gone wrong.

You take a step back as Vinnie jabs the stogie in your direction. "What do you—?" you start to ask, but he cuts you off.

"You're on in five minutes!"

"But I'm second on the card!" You look from Vinnie to Sam and back to Vinnie.

That's what Vinnie told you! He can't just change the card.

Or so you thought.

"If you'd been in the dressing room where we expected you to be," says Vinnie, "someone would've told you that Otto is a no-show! By the time I'm through with him, he won't be able to get his name on a library card."

Your eyes go wide. "But that means…"

Vinnie stops his ranting to fix you with a laser-like glare.

"Why are you still standing around?!"

You jump, then sprint back to the locker room, only belatedly realizing you didn't tell Vinnie about your conversation with Lance.

Well, no time for that now.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2015, 03:51:55 am »

You get to the locker room and quickly change out of your street clothes and into your wrestling gear, a fila cut wrestling singlet similar to what you used to wear in your amateur wrestling days, but with "Maria the Mangler" emblazoned on the back and, instead of your school colors, this one features:

1. Black and red

2. Blue and white

3. Purple and silver ( no color for this, sorry )
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2015, 04:15:33 am »

Gotta be 1: black and red.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2015, 06:58:04 am »

Numbuh 3. Purple and silver are classic heel colors.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2015, 01:14:01 pm »

Max avatar size is 80x80

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2015, 09:33:54 pm »

Gotta be 1: black and red.
These seem rather heelish, so thus I vote.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2015, 09:54:02 pm »

I will break it on 3!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2015, 12:56:58 am »

You lace up your boots, then head toward the curtained-off exit, adrenaline starting to give you that buzz you always get before a fight. You thump your skull twice with lightly balled fists, then twice more on your chest, a little ritual from your college squad, something to settle the nerves.

You hear the ring announcer introduce Lance, who is already on her way to the ring. Vinnie is standing by the curtain, peeping out at the crowd. He turns back to you, calm and composed now. He grins around his cigar, and you suddenly realize that, after all this time, he still gets excited by this job.

"Are you slammin' ready, kid?"

Before you can answer, you hear the screaming guitar riff begin to play, and Vinnie is giving you a thumbs up.

1. I take a deep breath, then stride through.

2. I give a shout, then run through

3. I smile, then walk through
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6