Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Choice of Wrestler: SLAMMED!  (Read 7858 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Choice of Wrestler: SLAMMED!
« on: September 21, 2015, 02:28:25 am »

CHAPTER ONE: The Backyard Basher:

The scene unfolds like a dream. At least at first.

There you were, standing tall and proud, arms outstretched, an invitation to worship. All around you, voices obliged. They were chanting a name. Your name.

This was the moment you had been waiting for.

You soaked everything in for just one more second—what was the harm?—then crouched atop the turnbuckle and launched yourself high into the air, spinning like an Olympic diver before pinning your prey.

Or at least, that was the plan.

Your left foot—and the top rope—had other ideas.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Choice of Wrestler: SLAMMED!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 02:30:38 am »

SLAM!

You hit the mat hard and your head did a little bounce, arousing a sympathetic intake of breath from the small segment of the audience that wasn't laughing their lungs out. You lay unmoving at the feet of your opponent:

1. Big Benjie, from the Kirby Men's Wrestling School

2. Big Brenda, from the Kirby's Women's Wrestling League
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 02:37:49 am »

>Big Brenda.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 03:16:05 am »

Big Brenda sounds like a worthy opponent.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 03:23:31 am »

Brenda rolled her eyes in disdain. She blew a kiss at the crowd, then dragged you away from the ropes and hooked your leg as she lay across your body.

One.

Two.

Three!

You remember how much you disliked the big woman when you were classmates at the KWWL. The feeling was, obviously, mutual.

Unfortunately, Myra Kirby knew that you and Brenda were the best students at her school, which was why Brenda was almost always your opponent during the unpaid "exhibitions" Kirby would put up, to defray the expenses of your schooling.

This is also why you feel as if your professional wrestling career was shortened by a decade even before it began. The woman turned every match into an actual beat down.

Those ham-sized fists hurt. Even when all you're doing is watching a video of the match….

-click-

"So, what do you think?" asks Sam.

With the video on pause, you find yourself once again aware of your surroundings.

You're in a dingy studio apartment, filled with a strange combination of computer equipment and wrestling merchandise. It's like a Circuit City had a one night stand with a Toys "R" Us.

You're sitting on the edge of a bed, one of only two spots in the room cleared for human habitation. Sam McEnroe sits on the other, a chair (a steel chair, naturally) drawn up close to a table that groans under the weight of recording equipment and video monitors.

Sam is the Vice President of Promotions for the Borderless Wrestling Federation, which means that he spends most of his day uploading grainy, shaky-cam footage to YouTube.

Shaky or not, those videos receive thousands of views from the diehard BoWsers, as the BWF fans call themselves, and they're one of the reasons why the BWF has been making serious waves on the independent wrestling circuit.

(Well, that and the fact that they occasionally hold matches in a ring attached to a flatbed truck. A moving flatbed truck.)

1. It'd be great if I had a match like that

2. I hope they don't put me in a match like that

3. I'll wrestle in whatever match they put me in.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 10:19:21 am »

Choose 3, we can't be picky right now.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 06:47:27 pm »

Signing with the BWF at your age, and with your experience (or, more accurately, your lack thereof) is quite the coup. Sam's in charge of putting together a series of vignettes to hype your debut. He's here to make you look good.

Or, at least, that's what you were led to believe.

You look at the shot of your ignominious defeat, then back to Sam.

"I was thinking of using this in your first video. Really captures your, you know, essence."

"Um," you say. "I don't really think…"

"Oh, don't worry, I already uploaded it. We're up to five thousand views already! I hope it goes viral…."

He has a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. He's enjoying this! Doesn't he know who you are? You're:

1. Maverick

2. Alanna Lionai

3. Randi Roundhouse

4. Lita Ender

5. Blight

6. Avatar

7. Create your own
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 07:17:46 pm »

Maria the Mangler.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 08:32:34 pm »

You're Maria the Mangler! You're a professional wrestler, and to see that smirk on his face makes you feel:

1. Angry.  I will not be disrespected

2. Amused.  A bit of friendly hazing is it?

3. Resigned.  I'm used to people laughing at me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I know, character creations quite dry and there's multiple layers, don't worry, It'll pass soon.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 08:53:05 pm »

I'm fine with the wrestling direction B12 seems to be taking recently. PTW.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 10:36:29 pm »

Angry. Angry at him, angry at the league, and certainly angry at Big Brenda. We will not be disrespected! We will triumph!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 11:18:24 pm »

This man may have sabotaged your career, and he's laughing about it?

You rise from your seat, and something in your expression makes Sam go pale.

Did he think he could pull this crap just because you're a woman? Did he forget that you're also a professional wrestler? You could take on five of him and you'd still be the odds-on favorite.

He holds up his hands.

"Kidding! I was just…just kidding!"

He runs trembling fingers across his keyboard.

"See? I haven't uploaded anything yet. I wanted to make sure I got your opinion first…."

You glare at him. "You want my opinion?"

"Erm…yes?"

"No more jokes."

"Right," Sam says, running a shaky hand through his hair. "Of course. Ah, shall we get started?"

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 11:19:40 pm »

"We've got a lot of good stuff here," Sam says, bringing up small windows of match footage in one of his larger computer monitors. "I'm impressed. You've got better quality videos than wrestlers who have been working the circuit for years."

You nod. "Myra knows what promoters look for." Myra Kirby, or "Killer Kirby" as she is better known, is a former wrestler who worked all over the world, and even made it all the way to the GWA.

Sure she'd spent her years there as a jobber, never winning any matches, but she'd kept her eyes and ears open, and learned from the best—and not just from the wrestlers. Kirby paid attention to every aspect of the business.

It was this wisdom that she passed down at her school, at least to the few to whom she still opened its doors.

1. I feel lucky she took me in

2. I got my money's worth, I suppose

3. I still resent the hoops she made me jump through
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 11:24:29 pm »

I know we're not there yet, but I suggest we pick best at power, good on the mic, and terrible at technical wrestling when we get the option, to fit the mangler gimmick.

Also I suggest resent because it looks like Birdy wants to be a heel so I'm going to back his play. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6