Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Choice of Wrestler: SLAMMED!  (Read 7865 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: Choice of Wrestler: SLAMMED!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 12:17:25 pm »

Is this our legal name?
6. Something else: Maria
Max avatar size is 80x80

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 01:40:22 pm »

Is this our legal name?
6. Something else: Maria

May as well keep it simple. +1
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 03:22:59 pm »

Agreed. +1
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2015, 07:55:48 pm »

Nah, man, we're the Mangler. It's our opponents that have to worry about surviving. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2015, 07:50:04 am »

The extra space is for your last name:

1. Irvine

2. Cole

3. Lee

4. Blood

5. Other

"Oh, one more thing." You look up from the contract to see Sam still typing away at his computer.

"Have you and Gaider agreed on whether you'll be coming in as a face or as a heel? That'll color the tone of the vignettes."

Vinnie Gaider is the promoter and booker of the BWF, and he was the one who personally recruited you into the promotion. After a few meetings with him, you both agreed that it would be best if you came in as a:

1. Face.  He said people would want to root for me

2. Heel.  He said I carried myself like a natural villain.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2015, 08:09:05 am »

5. Heinrich

And....

2. Everybody loves a good villain.
BIRDS.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2015, 02:31:24 pm »

5. Heinrich

And....

2. Everybody loves a good villain.
+
Max avatar size is 80x80

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2015, 04:52:50 pm »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2015, 10:52:02 pm »

You're not really sure whether you should take that as a compliment, but as Vinnie said: "If they're booing you, then they'll pay to see you."

"That sounds like Vinnie, all right," Sam laughs. "You've got your work cut out for you—we've got lots of great heels at the BWF."

Sam squints at the screen, then shifts to his web browser. "Wait a second, you were the 130-pound NCAA champ a year ago, right? Let's grab some footage of—"

You're on your feet and at Sam's side before you're even aware of what you're doing.

"Hey!" he shouts. You realize that you have his right hand in a tight grip. "That hurts!"

"Nothing from that tournament," you say, your voice sounding strangely calm in your ears.

"Okay, okay, let go!"

You let him pull his hand away, and he massages it gingerly. "Geez, all you had to do was say so…."

You mumble an apology, or at least you think that you do. The rest of the session goes by in a blur, and you're only vaguely aware of Sam telling you that a new vignette will be released every Monday until your debut match in three weeks.

You leave Sam's apartment and somehow make your way to the bus stop. It's only a ten-minute ride to your aunt's place, where you're staying before your first BWF show.

But your mind is miles away, back in your hometown of:

1. Cannon Rock, Minnesota

2. Life Haven, Vermont

3. Autumn Park, Florida

4. Apter, Tennessee

5. Something else

*Insert chosen location* was a:

1. Quiet place, where not much happens

2. Bustling city, not always safe, but never boring.

3. Place where rich and poor mix.  I lived on the right side of the tracks.

4. Place where rich and poor mingle.  I lived on the wrong side of the tracks.

5. Rural town.  I lived on a farm.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2015, 03:25:37 am »

4 then 5 is my vote.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2015, 12:21:24 am »

You learned a lot about hard work on the farm, and you were certainly fed enough to make sure you had the strength to work harder than most.

You'll never forget your home. But it's time to leave the nest.

Now, whether or not you can fly…that's the question.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Weeks Later. The Araneta Town Hall.

"Good to meet you. I'm Maria the Mangler. Have you seen Sam McEnroe?"

One by one the wrestlers shrug or shake their heads as you make your way around the locker room, exchanging handshakes with rookies and veterans both. The lone exception is a beefy Greek wrestler getting some sort of design tattooed on her face.

"I think I saw him with the sound guys."

You nod your thanks, then hurry out of the locker room once you've made the rounds. You're set to debut tonight as the second match on the card, and you just realized that you don't have any entrance music yet!

You've just left the locker room when you feel a tap on your shoulder.

((WARNING WALL OF TEXT AHEAD))

You turn around to see Lana Lance, your opponent tonight. She's been in the BWF for three years, but you've got the feeling she won't be around much longer. You met her earlier in the day, when you were going over the match in Vinnie's office, and she just seemed disinterested.

"Listen," says Lance, "I know Vinnie has you going over tonight, and that's great and all, but I was wondering if we could actually have a match instead of a squash."

You're taken aback. "Why didn't you say anything earlier?"

"Vinnie is down on me lately, damned if I know why." Lance puts her hands together. "Listen, I've got some old high school friends in the audience. I don't want them to see me just roll over."

Before you can say anything else, Lance continues. "I promise, we'll be a minute or two over time, that's all, and if the ref gives the signal to end it, we'll end it. I know how it sounds, and I'll owe you big time, it's just there's this boy that I haven't seen in ages and—"

You tune her out. You could let Lance get a few moves of her own in, but that may just weaken your debut—it's not like Lance has been booked as a strong opponent. And—maybe more importantly—what'll Vinnie think? As the promoter and booker of Borderless Wrestling, he's your boss, your only boss, and he may not take too kindly to improvisation, even if it could result in a more exciting match.

On the other hand, wrestlers who show consideration for their peers, who make their opponents look good, are generally more popular in the locker room. Those who focus on turning matches into highlight reels are deemed to be all about "ring flash", and deficient in the awareness that makes a great wrestler.

That being said, fans do love to see flashy wrestlers…

1. Tell her truthfully, "Sure, it's no problem."

2. Tell her "Sure" but decide to go ahead with the squash anyway

3. Refuse.  "You don't think I'm falling for that one, do you?"

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2015, 07:23:47 am »

3. Friends aren't necessary when you are Maria the Mangler.
BIRDS.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2015, 01:56:27 pm »

1. We're going to win, so why not look like we actually had to fight for it.  It's not like we can't take anyone in a fair fight anyways, right?

Also, we're a heel to the audience, not necessarily to our coworkers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6