Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48120 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 28 (Updated 12/3)
« Reply #435 on: December 04, 2015, 06:39:17 pm »

((We're still towing the pod, right?))

Yes. Fortunately it wasn't hit.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 28 (Updated 12/4)
« Reply #436 on: December 05, 2015, 01:02:42 am »

((Mmmh mmmmh hmmm sweet 5's))

"Go fuck yourself...." Nyar says triumphantly. "... Outside" Nyar adds after a little thought.

Have this fucker leave the tank and join the other prisoners. "Got another asshole to add to the bunch." Nyar yells out of the turret.

Continue with actions that where interrupted by the red haired (or I suppose 'wigged') asshole.

[6] You throw him out the hatch. He loses balance and falls face-first onto the sand. You then toss his wig out, which lands on his back.

The enemy assault gun (or "Artillerie de Croisière") is already started, and it is a simple maneuver to put it into gear and drive it around in a circle. It handles quite nicely in the sand compared to wheels of the overarmored car, although it is slower.

"No thanks, I like my arm. Could you warm something metal up and cauterize it? Without extremely painfully murdering me? Please?"

"Ah yeah! Good idea! But I need something that I can move. How about that thing over there?"
He points at the SMG you used to brace the door. Its casing and handle are made of metal.

"Are we finally done here? Can we leave? If anyone needs to take a fucking piss break you might as well go now!"

Cueball angrily herds the captives onto the tank. Not into, onto.

"You! Whitesuit! Tell your boys to get on the back. If you cause ANY more trouble, so help me I'll cut you."

Do the things while revving the handsaw. Give Graves half of my bandages for SD. Stay on the back of the tank with the captives.

Quote from: Radio
"New plan, Nyar. We're gonna drop these asshats off somewhere remote after I talk with them. Graves, Cabinboy, get going. Keep the kid alive, beat the Reichman if you must. We'll meet up at our shuttle. Out."

[4] The frenchmen comply. You and Nyar are able to enter the assault gun, finding a stash of five revolvers in a chest, along with speedloaders.

Graves is still having trouple entering the armored car. You are ready to pick up passengers.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 05, 2015, 03:48:22 am »

Oh well. I take the SMG and do whatever he wants.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 05, 2015, 11:54:10 am »

(sorry about my lack of activity.  Ive been sick.)

Kill the living fish.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 07, 2015, 05:16:52 am »

1820 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

Kill the living fish.

[2] When killed, the living fish stir the other greenfish in the slime to take flight, only to resettle into their spots once again.

[4] You encounter more mobs of the Officer archetype. This portal seems to be anachronistic, because the Trooper archetype is from the Old War preset, while the Officer is from the Enlightened preset.
They are each armed with long rifles, and there are three of them. They are currently at very long distance to the north. You see they've been leaving a long trail of footsteps. For some reason you don't leave very deep footsteps, so you imagine yours would be difficult to stop at a distance.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Ciri (Twinwolf):

Press some buttons on the remote, to try to get the car to move. If I hear it or it becomes visible, pick that up, too. Regardless of outcome, take the supplies back to wherever the other people were.

A drone with a pair of bird-like wings falls from the sky and lands in a heap next to you. Due to its low terminal velocity, it seems find. That was strange though.
There are too many supplies to carry back on foot. You doubt you can carry more than just a single thermal lance, for that matter, without breaking your back...
It would be nice if you had some sort of vehic--

[4] You hear a rumbling noise. You don't know what it is. An animal roaring? It comes up behind you.

It is, in fact, a huge metal vehicle pulling up to you on caterpillar treads. It has a large metal pipe mounted forward. It looks a lot like one of the fire safety vehicles on the ship.
There are six people riding atop the vehicle, one of them wearing a suit similar to yours. The others are dressed in retrogressive-styled uniforms, possibly military in origin.

Nole (Slayer1557):

"You're probably right, Night... err... Assass... Do you go by anything shorter than that?  Or more... er... normal?  Maybe 'Nia'?"  He tried to put it tactfully, but probably insulted her anyway.

Quote from: Radio
"What makes you think we've been crashed longer?  We've all been waking up at the same time, haven't we?  Our shuttle woke up about <insert time here> ago.  Anyway, I'm gonna see if I can't reduce the effect of the interference."
(Time being how long the timer on my suit has been going)

Try to identify the source of the interference.  Can the computer diagnose the problem?  Is it from the ship, or from an external source?  Is there an atmospheric charge that's causing problems?  Or just the rain?  Try to locate the ship's antenna.  It's probably internal though.  My plan is to shield the antenna with some metal, like an ad hoc dish.  Hopefully to eliminate some noise, and to establish a direction for this other ship.

"The nice lady outside called me Night, so I guess that works," she answers.
"Speaking of her, I think she left to go somewhere. Do you know where she went?"

If/whether or not you answer, [6+1 = 5] you take a look at the manual for the radio communication antennae, which seems to be a commercial product like a lot of things on this expedition.
The readme is located on the shuttle's hard drive.

Quote from: CMX RE Radio Suite
Rangefinding

The CMX RE can measure distance to other shuttles by pinging and receiving a reply from the target, measuring the propagation delay. It performs this many thousands of times per second in order to get an average value over several seconds.

Possible causes of malfunction may include:
-> A damaged electronic clock or CPU
-> Tampering or modification of the shuttle computer
-> Atmospheric or magnetic interference effects
-> A damaged communication antenna

All of these will serve to inflate the measured distance.

The distance is obviously deflated though. Less than 100m is not possible, or else you'd see it. Unless they were underground...

Wait... what if they were? You ask.
Quote from: Shuttle Radio
Well, we can't see the sky, so I can't say if we're underground or not. I actually did notice some irregularities in the flight log, let me check back on it...

...well, it says we hit the ground three times. I'm not entirely sure what that means. Did we bounce?

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Cueball (Paphi):

The captives are herded atop the tank. Graves finally gets inside the car, so you give him the bandages and he drives away.

You drive off somewhere remote, and stumble upon a person in a magnus suit, standing outside in the sand, looking at a scattering of discarded mining and prospecting equipment in the area.
You hear the French murmuring among themselves. The one wearing white rather than blue has neglected to put his wig on, leaving him bald.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

You encounter a person in a magnus suit. Indeed, the suit is linked to your shuttle! It shows up on your HUD through the wall of the assault gun, and is labelled Suit 7.

Vehicles

Armored Car
Current Armor: +2
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
7x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

The man wearing military gear from the camp gets in when the terminator removes the SMG from the door, allowing it to open. He gives you a bunch of bandages, then tells you not to mess around while he is driving.

The robot takes the flamethrower to the gun [5-new miniquest] and heats the barrel to a red-hot glow. The army man, who introduces himself as Graves, looks with shock when he hears the torch, but after he realizes what the robot is doing he lets it pass.
"Just don't murder him, kid. I'll have to answer for it if you do."

With that, the robot cauterizes your wounds, but the stinging remains. At least the condition shouldn't worsen, as your body should be able to fight off what's there. Hopefully.
The robot is carefully positioned between yourself and the door preventing you from escaping the moving vehicle.

If you stay, Graves slows the car after quite some time. Looking through the viewports, you can see a space shuttle parked in the sand. It looks mostly intact, but its wheels are somewhat buried in sand.
"Alright," orders the armyman. "I need you to help me tie this car to my shuttle. Then we can pull it with us."
There is some rope in the back cargo bay of the shuttle, along with a single cryopod much like yours. Graves begins rolling the cryopod being towed by the Car into the shuttle for safekeeping.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:33:20 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 29 (Updated 12/7)
« Reply #440 on: December 07, 2015, 06:28:00 am »

Ciri steps out of the way of the pipe- just in case- and waves to the guy in the suit. "Hey! I was just looking for some of the emergency supplies from the... shuttle, right? Anyway, looks like I found it, but I can't carry it all back."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 07, 2015, 08:21:14 am »

I cautiously look out and take my time gazing at the cryopod.

Then I steal look and scavenge for antibiotic, antiviral and antifungi drugs. Which I then use. Hopefully.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2015, 01:00:40 pm »

"Ain't this convenient! Toss me up what you can, friend, and we'll head back. I gotta keep an eye on these ones.

So, chrome dome. The Reich. This war. Your weapon technology. Your political goals. Start talking. You play nice and I throw you a bone. You play tough and I take a souvenir."

Load up and interrogate. Rrrrev up that handsaw!

As a show of goodwill, see if I can't find the red wig. If it's around, let the guy have it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:53:03 pm by Paphi »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 07, 2015, 03:29:51 pm »

Start getting stuff into/attached to the vehicle.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 08, 2015, 01:32:07 am »

Hmm... This could take a while. Quietly sing "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" to myself.

((Are you sure my miniquests are updated? I think I should have the rifle one complete and I should need only one more hacked vehicle to finish the other.... And as I recall I should have a revolver in my inventory from the white suit guy.))
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:35:29 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 08, 2015, 02:34:02 am »

"The nice lady outside called me Night, so I guess that works," she answers.
"Speaking of her, I think she left to go somewhere. Do you know where she went?"
Nole sighs, for many reasons.  "No, most people seem to like running off without telling anyone else where they're going."  After a short pause he added.  "Please don't do that, too.  Although if she's nearby our suits can track each other."

Well, we can't see the sky, so I can't say if we're underground or not. I actually did notice some irregularities in the flight log, let me check back on it...

...well, it says we hit the ground three times. I'm not entirely sure what that means. Did we bounce?

Replying to the other shuttle.  "I believe there was some obstruction in our flight path, although I can't see it with the storm.  You may have hit something similar.  I'm not quite sure what it could be, that high up.  It's worth checking out if we get the time, but we have bigger fish to fry."  He chuckles a little bit to himself at the joke.  "Still, we can't rule anything out.  What are your surroundings like?  Our shuttle is in a pretty barren wetlands.  Well, at least it's wet from all this damn rain, just pouring with thunder and lightning.  Very flat terrain.  There's been some wildlife.  Floating or flying fish, some large slugs, and worst of all.  There was a worm like thing tunneled into the ground with it's mouth open.  Someone nearly fell into it.  Just be careful."

Try to narrow down the cause of the interference.  Check the computer diagnostics to see if the clock or shuttle computer is damaged/modified.  Are there logs of any such changes?  Can I verify that the antenna is undamaged?  Does the readme or anything in the computer tell me where it is to visually check on it, or diagnose it electronically?  Use the computer to check the distance from the shuttle to myself, to see if it can accurately measure that.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 08, 2015, 06:44:44 am »

((Are you sure my miniquests are updated? I think I should have the rifle one complete and I should need only one more hacked vehicle to finish the other.... And as I recall I should have a revolver in my inventory from the white suit guy.))

((I think it's fixed))

Nole sighs, for many reasons.  "No, most people seem to like running off without telling anyone else where they're going."  After a short pause he added.  "Please don't do that, too.  Although if she's nearby our suits can track each other."

"Hmm, why can't they track each other from across the map? Err... area." she corrects.
"Don't worry though. At least not until you solve this problem."

Replying to the other shuttle.  "I believe there was some obstruction in our flight path, although I can't see it with the storm.  You may have hit something similar.  I'm not quite sure what it could be, that high up.  It's worth checking out if we get the time, but we have bigger fish to fry."  He chuckles a little bit to himself at the joke.  "Still, we can't rule anything out.  What are your surroundings like?  Our shuttle is in a pretty barren wetlands.  Well, at least it's wet from all this damn rain, just pouring with thunder and lightning.  Very flat terrain.  There's been some wildlife.  Floating or flying fish, some large slugs, and worst of all.  There was a worm like thing tunneled into the ground with it's mouth open.  Someone nearly fell into it.  Just be careful."

Try to narrow down the cause of the interference.  Check the computer diagnostics to see if the clock or shuttle computer is damaged/modified.  Are there logs of any such changes?  Can I verify that the antenna is undamaged?  Does the readme or anything in the computer tell me where it is to visually check on it, or diagnose it electronically?  Use the computer to check the distance from the shuttle to myself, to see if it can accurately measure that.

Rain? We don't have rain. Our surroundings are dark, and I think I heard an echo some time ago but I'm not sure. There was definitely lightning, but no rain.
There's all this fog around... we couldn't see anything, so we detached the shuttle headlight and used them to spot things. Looks like it got us spotted. Ha.

I think we saw some of those worm tunnel things. At least I assume that's what those were. We didn't get near them because we didn't know what they were. It's also foggy, so we couldn't see any details. Just dark spots.

After some time...

I don't know about yours, but our computer doesn't look like it's banged up. Diagnostics only brings up issues with the rest of the shuttle. I think our antenna is bent a little, but that shouldn't affect it, should it?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 09, 2015, 06:31:41 pm »

1825 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

[2] When killed, the living fish stir the other greenfish in the slime to take flight, only to resettle into their spots once again.

[4] You encounter more mobs of the Officer archetype. This portal seems to be anachronistic, because the Trooper archetype is from the Old War preset, while the Officer is from the Enlightened preset.
They are each armed with long rifles, and there are three of them. They are currently at very long distance to the north. You see they've been leaving a long trail of footsteps. For some reason you don't leave very deep footsteps, so you imagine yours would be difficult to stop at a distance.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Nole (Slayer1557):

Rain? We don't have rain. Our surroundings are dark, and I think I heard an echo some time ago but I'm not sure. There was definitely lightning, but no rain.
There's all this fog around... we couldn't see anything, so we detached the shuttle headlight and used them to spot things. Looks like it got us spotted. Ha.

I think we saw some of those worm tunnel things. At least I assume that's what those were. We didn't get near them because we didn't know what they were. It's also foggy, so we couldn't see any details. Just dark spots.

After some time...

I don't know about yours, but our computer doesn't look like it's banged up. Diagnostics only brings up issues with the rest of the shuttle. I think our antenna is bent a little, but that shouldn't affect it, should it?

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Ciri (Twinwolf):

Start getting stuff into/attached to the vehicle.

[6] Some of the men in tacky clothing help you out, holding the equipment themselves.

Many of them look at the things like they've never seen them before. Odd. And they don't seem to be wearing masks. Perhaps the atmosphere isn't harmful at all?

Most of the gear is now packed onto the outside of the vehicle.

Cueball (Paphi):

"Ain't this convenient! Toss me up what you can, friend, and we'll head back. I gotta keep an eye on these ones.

So, chrome dome. The Reich. This war. Your weapon technology. Your political goals. Start talking. You play nice and I throw you a bone. You play tough and I take a souvenir."

Load up and interrogate. Rrrrev up that handsaw!

As a show of goodwill, see if I can't find the red wig. If it's around, let the guy have it.

"Ach! Well, you see, we have a complicated hiearchy of information. So if it's war strategy yer' after... I can't help you there.
But! You look like you're not from around here. If it's common knowledge you're after, I can provide.

We Franks have cast down the oppression of the tyrant class just twenty years ago. The other nations of our quarter, the Empires of the Latins equatorward, and the Empire of the Romans to the far east, resist all of our attempts to spread representative democracy across the land. Our Liberty army travels to and fro across the farthest regions of the quarter, freeing serfs and claiming territory and resources for the greater good of the revolution.
In just three years ago, the Latin King declared war on us, after we freed the people of Northern Astland. And so war it has been between our nations. The call us the Reich in their barbaric language, for whatever imperialistic monarchistic reasons they may have."

He goes on to explain that the assault gun you ride is built off the third model of the design, although it is a dozer variant itself, designed for ambush warfare here in the floodplains. Their tanks seem to lack reactive armor or other hallmarks of more modern vehicles, and they are diesel-powered, much like Earth technology at the time. They themselves are armed with revolvers because Francia isn't industrialized enough to provide rifles and automatics to all vehicle crews, whereas the Latins supply theirs with a couple of automatics per vehicle.
The Frenchman doesn't know anything about long-range missile technology, and he doesn't mention naval technology at all.

[3] The wig seems to be gone. It landed on the ground before, so you probably left it behind. There is another guy among the frenchmen who also wears a wig. He takes it off and twists it to let the water out. His wig is white, and not quite as spectacular as the old one.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

Hmm... This could take a while. Quietly sing "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" to myself.

It doesn't take all that long. Your vehicle is fully loaded in the course of a few minutes, and now you have a tank full of frenchmen and mining tools.

[2] Of course, some of the frenchmen are holding those mining tools. You wonder if they might... start a revolution.

Vehicles

Armored Car
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
7x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

I cautiously look out and take my time gazing at the cryopod.

Then I steal look and scavenge for antibiotic, antiviral and antifungi drugs. Which I then use. Hopefully.

[3+1] You find a medical kit tossed on the floor, containing a tourniquet, a lot of bandages (+10), and four glass vials of some white, creamy substance labelled "penicillin."
[5-new miniquest] You put some on your wounds, and feel it sting some more. But as you get used to it, the pain subsides, and you don't feel stinging anymore, not even from the wounds. It looks like it worked.

So even space pathogens are vulnerable to boring penicillin. Maybe that means Earth life is just that superior.

Graves is almost finished connecting the shuttle to the vehicle. He asks if you are ready to leave or if you need medical attention ASAP.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 30 (Updated 12/9)
« Reply #448 on: December 10, 2015, 01:15:07 am »

"So we getting the whole party together?" Nyar says while eyeing the prisoners.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 30 (Updated 12/9)
« Reply #449 on: December 10, 2015, 08:57:08 pm »

I'm fine, I'm fine.
Follow the group and tend to my wounds.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47