Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 28426 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2015, 09:41:53 am »

Awkward silence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2015, 05:44:07 pm »

Make the peace sign.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2015, 12:10:14 am »

....Bump....
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2015, 04:29:46 am »

(( Ya, actually realized this morning that it'd been a few days, started making the turn earlier today. Will be up within the next twenty-four hours. ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2015, 09:03:45 am »

Walk away. To the left, I guess.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2015, 03:45:38 pm »

(( Ya, actually realized this morning that it'd been a few days, started making the turn earlier today. Will be up within the next twenty-four hours. ))
Woohoo!

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2015, 02:41:05 am »

Turn 10

Stealthily search the room at the top of the stairs as the attackers are distracted by the blob.

Try to get back up there, but hold onto the man. Hopefully he'll try to pull his arm out, and he'll pull me with it. If I manage to get back up, get that man into my... erm... blob...? Anyway, then absorb!

Erizen Initiative: [5  - 2(damage) - 1(distance)] = 2
Blorn Initiative: [7 + 1(speed)] = 8
Soldiers Initiative: [2] [5] [10]
Unfortunate Soldier: [8]

The soldiers scramble over to the side of the control tower, peering over the ledge at Blorn. One of them fires his weapon at the creature. [4] = 4
One bullet lands in Glom's lower body, but it passes right through. The rest of them go wide by a few few feet. The soldier you're holding onto attempts to... [4]
Clutch at his arm and attempt to heave it up. There is simply too much weight hanging off it, however. Glom tries to get a little higher up the man's arm, but holds on tight. CLIMB: [8 + 1(strength) - 1(dexterity) + 1(sticky)] = 9
You drag yourself up to the window, before heaving yourself over into a heap. The other soldiers react by firing at you! [5][4][1] VS [9 - 2(distance) - 1(unsteady) + 1(speed)] = 7
Within the flash of an eye, Glom lays himself flat on the ground, ducking beneath the bullets. Most of them go wide of their target, and one actually lodges itself in the wounded soldier! ENDURANCE: [2] = 2
He cries out in pain, and recoiling from the blow falls out the window.

Meanwhile, Erizen slowly makes his way up to the room and starts searching it for valuables; fortunately, the soldiers are all looking out the control room's shattered window. LOOTING: [9 + 1(wisdom)] = CRIT SUCCESS
Eh, doesn't appear to be much...just some control pan-wait a second. Is that what you think it is? Spotting a half-open supply cabinet, you heave a dusty old cleaning robot out - it's your model! There's also some discarded robotics pieces, all of your model - seems like they had to cannibalize two broken robots to piece together a working one. If this one's even functioning.

Make the peace sign.

Awkward silence.

An akward silence ensues, with both parties staring at each other. Aadhaya interrupts it with the peace sign, and the doctor takes a swig of his booze. The soldier scratches his head but lowers his weapon, "Listen, you two don't seem...to be all that bad. Weird as hell, but not that bad. Just take what you want, we gotta get out of here." He motions to the doctor, who rolls his eyes and follows him. They head toward the door.

Walk away. To the left, I guess.

You walk away from the party and head down the hallway, taking the branch to the left. LUCK: ([4] [10])
Three laser rifles and a bolt cannon attached to a combat droid meet you. They are lined up in the middle of the hallway, and all level their weapons at you. The one in front shouts, "Freeze! Hands in the air!"

Help the collosus pick up whatever parts he seems to want.[spoiler]Power Control: 240 EU max. Currently 85 EU, -5 EU/turn.

Examine the parts that the creature in front of me has, and see if any of them are useful. If not, then firmly squish him into the ground, stand up, and walk away. If he has parts of use to me, then gratefully accept the parts and begin self-repair.

RUNE: Ohhhh boy, are there ever some goodies he offers you! Uranium Fuel Cells (+40 units), metal and robotics pieces (unfortunately not usable by you in your current state; you'll need to repair your OS first), and a packet of emergency nanobots - useful for quick repairs (they don't repair too much though; certainly not your entire OS). There's also a pile of explosives which you (if your OS was repaired) or another being could jury rig onto you, similar to the deal with the laser cannon. You grab the uranium and nanobots straight up (+1 emergency nanobot repair), and dig around a bit in the rest of the offerings. The robot helps you pick whatever you want out of the pile, and is generally a help. With the nanonots in storage, you activate the emergency repair package to your OS, allowing your normal self-repair system to take over (+10% OS integrity, +3%/turn).

WRAITH: You offer your pile of goodies to the colossus, from which he grabs the uranium and a packet of nanobots. Would've been useful to you, but you figure it's probably better to be on this thing's good side right now. You also show it the various explosives and supplies; it doesn't annihilate you, so that's probably a good sign (+XP; see bottom).

Thing just stays perched on the roof for a bit, looking for anything interesting.

From this perch, you can easily see the colossus - it's interacting with what appears to be a robot, grabbing a few things out of a pile of loot. Below you, you can see the slimey creature heave itself into the control tower, before a torrent of gunshots and the soldier who was dangling his arm out of the window previously falling out and to the metal tile before. His body makes a sickening sound upon impact; it's doubtful he survived.

PERADON: +20 XP
SINVARA: +30 XP (wisdom)
ZORMOD +20 XP (charisma)

FROM LAST TURN:
SINVARA: +20 XP (logic)
ICYTEA31: +30 XP (magic/drama)
PERADON: +15 XP (speed), +25 XP (strength)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2015, 02:55:36 am »

Look around, see what there is to take, and look for something to carry any loot found in.

There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2015, 07:48:29 am »

Float down to the loot pile.  See if there's anything I'm interested in,  but don't take anything just yet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2015, 07:56:06 am »

Eat one of the cans, and drink one of the bottles. Then, start looting the room, after they have left.
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2015, 09:52:01 am »

This robot was useful, so I'm not going to kill it. Instead, I will *GENTLY* pat it on the head, and then walk off to find more things to repair myself, or new entities to annihilate.

((Can I now use my laser beam's charge, as the 13% I healed brought me up to 60%?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2015, 05:09:35 pm »

Accept pats. Consume batteries. Take to the shadows and move to the area I encountered guards

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2015, 10:46:56 pm »

Aww... He fell... Well, we have other meatbags here to eat! But first, they arent exactly hospitable. Lets fix that! Shape myself into something generally dangerous, like a giant mouth to eat them. Then eat them!

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2015, 04:04:19 am »

Turn 11

Look around, see what there is to take, and look for something to carry any loot found in.

Eat one of the cans, and drink one of the bottles. Then, start looting the room, after they have left.

The two of you start to loot the room after the two men leave; Gupta takes the respite to eat and drink. LOOTING: [4(6)] [7(10)]
Heldentenor doesn't find much; just a few capsules of medicine in the cabinets. Though thankfully, there was also a purse in which they could be shoved. Aadhaya, on the other hand, finds a Surgical Operation Machine (SOM), a portable automated robot which is capable of suturing wounds, removing debris from injuries, and conducting emergency surgery. It also comes equipped with a basic diagnostics' scanner. She also finds some disinfectant, a first aid kit, and an Emergency Foam gun (fires out a line of rapidly expanding medical foam with which to seal injuries quickly).

Float down to the loot pile.  See if there's anything I'm interested in,  but don't take anything just yet.

You float down to the loot pile, drawing the attention of both Rune and the unidentified robot. Sifting around the loot pile, you see mostly metallic and non-magical objects. SENSE MAGIC: [7 + 3(modifiers)] = 10
You detect that one of the missile launchers is magical. The type of magic is from the Old-Earth system, of the Abjuration school.

This robot was useful, so I'm not going to kill it. Instead, I will *GENTLY* pat it on the head, and then walk off to find more things to repair myself, or new entities to annihilate.

You pat the useful robot on the head gently; whilst you're doing this, you see your friend - the octarine pile of debris from earlier. He's looking through the loot pile for something. You wave, before walking off in search of more useful components or pathetic meatbags. PERCEPTION: [8 - 2(wisdom) + 1(circumstantial)] = 7 (roll)
Peering around for anything of value, your eyes alight upon a building about twice your height. Gunshots can be heard from inside, and through a shattered window (the others are tinted) can be seen a few soldiers firing their weapons at what appears to be a large mouth, who's attempting to devour them. Potential Victims!

Gather up the spare parts and drag the non-active robot down the stairs.

You gather up the spare parts in your storage compartment, before dragging the other model down the stairs. It's tough work, seeing as it's the same size as you. LUCK: 10
By some miracle, none of the soldiers notice you. Guess none of them thought to look down.

Accept pats. Consume batteries. Take to the shadows and move to the area I encountered guards[spoiler]Power Control: 240 EU max. Currently 80 EU, -5 EU/turn.

You accept the colossus' large pats, before inserting the SC-4 batteries you looted. You then proceed to move into the shadows and stalk to the area you first encountered the guards; reaching the area's permitter, you see a couple of the guards are leaning over a comrade's body, frantically bandaging a huge burn. They both have burns across their chests, while the fourth guard is lying on the floor, and appears missing most of his facial features...what a mess. The other prisoners who were here earlier are nowhere to be seen.

Aww... He fell... Well, we have other meatbags here to eat! But first, they arent exactly hospitable. Lets fix that! Shape myself into something generally dangerous, like a giant mouth to eat them. Then eat them!

( Just letting you know, shapeshifting will rarely if ever give you bonuses - it's useful for things like intimidation or fitting into tight spaces, but you couldn't, for example, fly using it. Without having an abundance of knowledge regarding birds and a high shapeshifting roll, that is. Being well-informed about what you're shifting into might give you bonuses in cases like that )

You attempt to change your form into a giant mouth. SHAPESHIFT: [4 + 1(shapeshifting) - 1(dexterity)] = 4
Taking the form of a massive mouth, you attempt to devour the guards! FIREARMS: [3] [9] [7] VS DODGE: [10 + 1(speed)] = OVERSHOT
You dive out of the way of the torrent of bullets, before realizing you launched yourself down the stairs...tumbling down them, you pass by the robot you met earlier. You stop about halfway down the stairs.

IcyTea31: +5 XP (wisdom), +4 Capsules [unidentified medicine], +Purse
wipeout1024: +20 XP (wisdom), +SOM [85% battery], Disinfectant [4 uses], First Aid Kit [~2 uses], Foam Gun [80%], -10 Hunger, -15 Thirst
TheBiggerFish: (was about to write something down; for future reference, if I do than simply ignore it unless it says something along the lines of "+1 [skill]" of "+0.5 [skill]")
Coolrune206: +15 XP (wisdom)
Sinvara: +10 XP (strength), +Spare Parts, +Inactive Cleaning Robot
Zormod: +5 XP (wisdom), +90 EU (30 from each battery)
Peradon: +35 XP (speed)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2015, 05:55:09 am »

That missile launcher looks interesting.  Inspect it more closely.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15