Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 28423 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2015, 07:53:50 am »

Try to sing backing vocals.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2015, 11:03:13 am »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Jump to Rune's head and take the colossus over briefly, scanning his memory rather abruptly before flying up and outwards.  Locate a new area once safely out of range.
((...I thought no XPs?))

(( My bad; I'll fix the XP stuff. By the way, I should mention that you probably won't be able to "take" over Rune without an Industry spell; arcane mind-affecting magic doesn't usually work on robots. ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2015, 11:12:28 am »

((Scan, really, was the intent, but he's made of inanimate objects.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2015, 11:13:52 am »

((Scan, really, was the intent, but he's made of inanimate objects.))
(( The problem is he's nonmagical; if he was magic, you'd be able to sense it and use it to your advantage. The ability is primarily for magic-related objects, however. ))

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2015, 01:25:12 pm »

Oooh, there's food up there. Go up and propel the skeleton at the bad guys. Then grab one of them, and drag him downstairs to absorb him...

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2015, 03:09:53 pm »

Grab some of those SC-4 batteries and step away from the crates. Try to gain Rune's attention,but be ready to dodge. If he notices me, say this.
Hello, my name is X-297, or Wraith. Please do not destroy me, or the crates I would lead you to. I will bring you to a pair of SH batteries if you comply.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2015, 03:31:27 pm »

Rune's eyes immediately fixed on the entity holding the battery. He stopped smashing things, and places his legs firmly back on the ground. Walk right over to Wraith so that I practically tower over him, then gently display my hand to him. Rune pointed at his mouth, then made a shaking gesture with his head. He can not verbally communicate.

Spoiler: Rune (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2015, 05:12:24 pm »

Wraith gives Rune the batteries, and checks if any of the components would help him as well.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2015, 10:23:11 pm »

(( Waiting on Yourmaster. ))

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2015, 06:45:26 am »

Go to the right.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2015, 05:53:45 pm »

Turn 9

[ bit busy atm, I'll do XP next turn ]

Focus on using 5 Energy Units to help speed along the Self-repair systems.

You expend additional Energy Units to assist in the self-repair process. LOGIC: [3 + 2(logic) + 2(extra energy)] = 7
Your data processing chip took a direct hit, and several important systems were disabled. Utilizing emergency repair systems, nanobots are released into your body, repairing the most critical of the damage. Your senses come back online, but movement control is crippled at about forty percent and you've run out of nanobots (movement is possible, but extremely reduced: particularly combat and quick movements, which makes the more difficult spells near impossible).  Operating system is working at seventy percent.

Communicate through hip hop: (Not going to roll this one myself.)

"Now don't'chu worry, I mean no harm
Merely explorin' as I run from alarm
Put the gun down and get up on your feet
Let's be homies and dance (not shoot) to the beat.
"

(instrumental bridge, dance)

"Mad chemistry, your lab's all For Science
If ya ask me, ya're bein' pretty damn dense
Drinkin' weird stuff down w'no backup to help see
Record what it is and what kinda monster ya'll be
"

(instrumental bridge, dance)

"Mutagenic serums or whatev's, lots of fun
But ya need to make sure the Science gets done
Let me break it down, turn it up, a while here stay
What'cha put in that weird flask of yours, anyway?
"

Try to sing backing vocals.

You start a musical number, laying down a beat with a bit o' magic. BEAT: [9 + 1(magic/drama)] = CRIT SUCCESS
An overwhelming beat emanates, and you immediately get down with it. SINGING: [4 + 1(charisma) + 1(singing) + 1(beat)] = 7; DANCING: [2 + 1(dexterity) + 1(dancing)] = 4; VOCALS: [2] = 2
The scientist turns to you, and the figures stare at you in confusion. Your singing isn't too bad, but Aadhaya's shrill voice pierces it unpleasantly. The dancing...could also use some work. In any case, no one shoots at anyone. The soldier is scratching his head, while the scientist actually responds to your query, "Scotch."

Rune's eyes immediately fixed on the entity holding the battery. He stopped smashing things, and places his legs firmly back on the ground. Walk right over to Wraith so that I practically tower over him, then gently display my hand to him. Rune pointed at his mouth, then made a shaking gesture with his head. He can not verbally communicate.

Wraith gives Rune the batteries, and checks if any of the components would help him as well.

Wraith leads Rune to the crate containing the SH-batteries, and gestures to them. Rune proceeds to insert them, one at a time, into his power control. A surge of energy rushes into him (+2000 EU). [ PS: You should've been getting -60 EU/turn because you opted not to use uranium; please subtract -360 EU and change your power upkeep ]
As for whether any of the components would help Rune, Wraith has absolutely no clue. He is unfamiliar with this model of robot and how it's made.

Go to the right.

You head down the hallway to the right, and seeing an open door peer into it. A couple of people are rapping to a couple of other people; the music's not too bad, actually - except for the woman's singing. There are more doors along the wall, with the hallway branching off to the left and right further on. The room the people are in appears to be a medical room of some sort, with one of the people being sung to wearing a lab coat.

Oooh, there's food up there. Go up and propel the skeleton at the bad guys. Then grab one of them, and drag him downstairs to absorb him...

You head upstairs, propelling the skeleton at a group of guys that come into vision as your head surfaces above the ledge. DISTRACTION: [8] = 8
They are distracted by the corpse that was just flung at them, and only one of them manages to get a shot off at you. [9] = 9 VS DODGE: [8 + 1(speed)] = 9
You duck beneath the bullet and reach one of the soldiers, attempting to grab him. GRAB: [10 + 1(strength)] = OVERSHOT vs EVASION: [9] = CRIT SUCCESS
The man barely manages to dive out of way, but not fast enough...you crash into his arm, grabbing on tight. Unfortunately for you, you were moving too quickly and can't stop yourself from moving - you hit the control room's window at full force, shattering it and falling toward the ground. The man's arm is the only thing keeping you from falling, as you hold on for dear life. He screams painfully.

Jump to Rune's head and take the colossus over briefly, scanning his memory rather abruptly before flying up and outwards.  Locate a new area once safely out of range.

You hover up to Rune's head, but are unable to take over or scan the non-magical entity's memories; there seems to be some sort of interference. You then fly up, perching on the roof of the room's control tower. There doesn't appear to be another "area", but you see the same door you saw earlier near the ground. You also hear a crashing noise just below you, as a large slimy creature dangles out of the control tower.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2015, 05:59:37 pm »

Examine the parts that the creature in front of me has, and see if any of them are useful. If not, then firmly squish him into the ground, stand up, and walk away. If he has parts of use to me, then gratefully accept the parts and begin self-repair.

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2015, 06:00:41 pm »

Thing just stays perched on the roof for a bit, looking for anything interesting.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2015, 06:16:22 pm »

Help the collosus pick up whatever parts he seems to want.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2015, 10:48:19 pm »

Try to get back up there, but hold onto the man. Hopefully he'll try to pull his arm out, and he'll pull me with it. If I manage to get back up, get that man into my... erm... blob...? Anyway, then absorb!

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15