Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 28385 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2015, 09:19:19 am »

"Maybe just loot, I would / but pull out your gun / keep watch as you might."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 02, 2015, 11:56:17 am »

May I rejoin the game with the same sheet? If you're curious why have I not posted in the thread, that was due to my one and a half month absence from the forums.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2015, 03:10:40 pm »

May I rejoin the game with the same sheet? If you're curious why have I not posted in the thread, that was due to my one and a half month absence from the forums.
(( Sure.

Still waiting on the rest of the players to post, by the way. ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 02, 2015, 03:41:23 pm »

Intimidate the guard by glaring at him, until he runs away. If he does not run away, or simply does not do so fast enough, kick him to the moon. Then, go off in search of other components.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2015, 04:26:20 am »

Turn 13

Stay close, try to slash his arms.

You try and keep close to the soldier and slash his arms, while he tries to gain a bit of distance. WRAITH: [5 + 2(dexterity)] = 7 VS [7 - 1(ranged weapon)] = 6
You mange to get your knife into his arm... STRENGTH: [1] = CRIT FAIL VS ENDURANCE: [1] = CRIT FAIL
...slashing it. He spins away from you, tearing it from your grasp. It clatters to the floor, and the soldier falls to one knee painfully. His left arm is bleeding profusely; you must've cut a vein or something.

Loot! Look for a weapon in particular. A glass vial of perchloric acid or something like that would be nice, as would a syringe of sedatives. Also look for equipment to analyze the medicine. Tertiary looting foci: food and water, a lab coat, black dye.

Respond in the affirmative, and start doing the conga.

The two of you communicate via song while Heldentenor loots the room and Gupta practices some conga. LOOTING: [10] = OVERSHOT; DANCING: [6] = 6
You have no clue what this labaratory was used for, but they were up to SOMETHING in here...Heldentenor finds a strange-looking weapon, unlike any he'd every seen before. KNOWLEDGE: [3 + 2(knowledge)] = 5
It seemed to take some sort of bolt as ammunition; large metal bullets packed with who knows what. There were four lying in a package next to the weapon, which he grabbed. He also discovered several vials of assorted chemicals (one of which is perchloric acid), an empty syringe, and a chemical analyzer. There is unfortunately no food or water. Seeing something of note in the back of the room, Heldentenor moves over to a half-open cupboard and opens it. Facing him is a security droid; it comes online when the closet opens!
Meanwhile, Gupta gets a bit better at dancing. PERCEPTION: [9] = CRIT SUCCESS
She notices the security droid and dives for cover!

Oh, a giant robot. Too bad its inorganic... Oh well, search for something in the lower levels that is useful. Of course, absorb anything organic if it wont fight back.

You wander around in search of anything useful. PERCEPTION: [9 + 2(wisdom)] = CRIT SUCCESS
Ohhhhhh, man...you come across an open area with three corpses meals! There's a couple figures fighting to the side, but you ignore them as you dive in to feast! ABSORPTION: [5 + 1(absorption)] = 6
Within a few seconds, you'd half-absorbed one of the bodies. Delicious.

Open up the other robot and take its power cell if its got one, then look for some sort of vent within the tower that doesn't lead to the area full of crates.

You open up the other robot and grab its power cell. LUCK: [3] = 3
Unfortunately, it was almost empty. Still got a bit of juice out of it though. After charging yourself up, you go and look for some way out of the tower that doesn't lead into the crate room. SEARCH: [9 + 1(wisdom)] = CRIT SUCCESS
You find a small air shaft leading underneath the tower; with any luck, it'll have an opening outside the crate room. You start heading through it.

...Pick up the rocket launcher, but don't absorb it.  Fire it at... That tower.  See what happens.

You fire the launcher at the tower, and observe the effects. AIM: [2 + 1(dexterity)] = 3
The shot goes a bit off, but fortunately it's a big target. The rocket slams into the side of the tower, and a deafening explosion emanates from the impact. As it starts to grow larger, however, it just stops - as if contained by an invisible sphere. The explosion fills up the "ball", obliterating everything within.

Intimidate the guard by glaring at him, until he runs away. If he does not run away, or simply does not do so fast enough, kick him to the moon. Then, go off in search of other components.

You glare at the guard, attempting to scare him off. INTIMIDATE: [8 + 4(circumstantial)] = 12 VS [7 + 1(morale)] = 8
He starts to back away, but as he reaches the stairs he is immersed in a ball of explosive energy. Within half a second, he's been completely vaporized! You look around for the source of the explosion. PERCEPTION: [3 - 2(wisdom)] = 1
Unable to locate it, you simply go off in search of more components. SEARCH: [4 - 2(wisdom) - 2(well-looted room)] = 0
Besides the metal you saw earlier, you are unable to locate anything that may be of use to you.

...wakes up from his nap.

Zormod: +20 XP (combat-related)
IcyTea31: +15 XP (wisdom)
wipeout1024: +15 XP (dancing)
Peradon: +15 XP (absorption)
Sinvara: +15 XP (wisdom)
Coolrune206: +15 XP (charisma)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2015, 06:25:38 am »

Look around. Flex. Search for a steel chair.

Spoiler: SaberToothTiger (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:06:15 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2015, 06:38:43 am »

That rocket launcher is mine now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2015, 03:12:41 pm »

Grab his weapon and finish him off.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2015, 05:19:05 pm »

AWW YEAH! Absorb the bodies! All of them!

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2015, 05:28:04 pm »

((Any chance I could join or get on the waitlist?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2015, 06:31:20 pm »

((Any chance I could join or get on the waitlist?))

(( Sure, go ahead and make a sheet. I'll add you to the waitlist. ))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2015, 10:48:12 pm »

((Done. Is it acceptable?))

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2015, 09:57:41 am »

Continue taking cover.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2015, 02:58:56 pm »

((Bump?))

______
______/          \_______
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2015, 12:35:06 am »

((Bump?))

______
______/          \_______
+1 to the bump!
            ______
      ___/          \___
___/                      \____