Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 28510 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2015, 05:10:32 am »

Walk as away and actually play the game instead of being instantly killed by a golem.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2015, 02:39:25 am »

Turn 3

Read my spellbook enough to remember my spells, also rummage through my storage compartment for anything else I may have.

You flip through your spellbook, refreshing your memory on the spells inside. Spellbook: +[Hack(3, industry), Sparks(1, elemental), Craft Magic Weapon(4, industry)]
Inside your storage compartment, you find everything you had on you before the prison collapsed. The kinetic rifle was damaged during the commotion, however. +Wand, +Rifle (kinetic, broken).
 (If I missed anything, feel free to simply add whatever it is I missed).

Make sure I'm out of sight. If not, reun further away.

If safe, open a few crates, looking for food and water.

Eat and drink my fill if possible.

Glancing around, you look for anyone who might see you. PERCEPTION: [9] = CRIT SUCCESS, LUCK: 6
Spotting no one, you are content with looting a few crates. LOOTING: 9 = 9, (roll).
One of the crates is filled with food and water, while another contains some apparel - including a rather snazzy tophat. You eat and drink your fill. -30 hunger, -45 thirst.

Rune decided to put this conversation on hold. Not enough blood had been spilled yet, not enough bodies pulped! He lashed out viciously at any nearby organisms with his feet and single hand, while firing a weak, uncharged laser at more distant foes.

Walk as away and actually play the game instead of being instantly killed by a golem.

Get out of the pile, and continue to look for a weapon, and try to stay away from others.

Rune Targets: (roll).

Aadhaya Perception: [9 + 1(wisdom)] = CRIT SUCCESS

Aadhaya Initiative: [5 - 2(speed) + 2(perception roll)] = 5
Ajanderus Initiative: [7 - 2(speed)] = 5
Rune Initiative: [4 - 1(speed)] = 3

Rune focuses on a few targets, lashing out at them as they flee. Aadhaya spots the giant robot targeting her with his laser cannon, and dives for cover. SPEED: [6 - 2(speed)] = 4
She manages to get behind a crate as Rune fires at her. LASER: [8 - 2(uncharged)] = 6, AIMING: [4 - 1(dexterity)] = 3
The shot hits the crate, causing minor damage but failing to hit its target. Rune: -50 EU

Meanwhile, Ajanderus flees from his aggressor... RUNNING: [1 - 2(speed)] = CRIT FAIL
...but trips after a few steps. Rune, hoping to crush his prey, attempts to kick the crate onto the hapless mage. STRENGTH: [9 + 3(strength)] = CRIT SUCCESS
Rune slams his foot into the crate, sending it sliding toward Ajanderus. REFLEX: [4 - 2(speed)] = 2
Ajanderus turns around just in time to receive the full force of the crate as it crashes into him. ENDURANCE: [8 - 1(toughness)] = 7
The crate pushes Ajanderus for several dozen meters before stopping, sending him sprawling. Though he suffered massive internal damage, he manages to stand up and start limping away. +Injury (internal, severe)

Dodge any attacks

Fortunately, none of the figures fire at you! Instead, one of them orders you to drop onto your knees; which you reluctantly do. Another starts walking toward you, holding a pair of handcuffs.

If I see rune trying to obliterate me, move away with as much speed as possible, preferably taking the shape of a horse.

If I'm not being targeted:

See if I can identify the books. If so, and some are spellbooks, attempt to read them. If not, absorb them all. Afterwards move toward the edge of the room.

It looks like Rune is targetting other organisms; it'd even be entertaining, if it wasn't so goddamn terrifying (see: Rune/Yourmaster/wipeout1024's turn).
The books (roll) aren't magical, so you devour them while observing Rune attempting to crush someone. +Size [Small; 50/100]

Try to open the crates, examine next room.

You walk over to a few crates, and attempt to open them. LUCK: 8
Fortunately, the lid comes right off. LOOTING: [8 - 1(wisdom)] = 7
The crate is filled with melee weapons; stun-blades, laser swords, knives. Another crate contains food and water, while yet another has a few massive SH-batteries in it.
Though you are at the edge of the room, you have yet to find an exit - there is no "next room" to examine.

Absorb both, then.
Investigate the surrounding area.

Thing absorbs the magic items. +Size [Small, 30/100], +0.5 M.Knowledge (Astral), +Spell [Wind Wall (3, elemental)]
Thing then observes the surrounding area. PERCEPTION: [9 + 1(wisdom)] = CRIT SUCCESS
Thing sees several dozen crates and six metal rods scattered throughout the room. Lifeforms are running around. Thing also sees a control tower, and nearby it is a doorway where four soldiers are arresting a human.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2015, 04:37:33 am »

Wear tophat. Store a can of food in it.

PERFORM: [10+2(Singing+Charisma)] = 12(, critical success?)
"This tophat makes me dapper and practical
And it gives me an advantage tactical
It conceals a tool
To surprise a fool
I wonder if it's somehow magical?
"

Look for a safe way out of this place.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2015, 05:32:39 am »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Thing will advance on the guard post a bit.  If he's fired on, he will shoot back.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:37:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2015, 06:46:56 am »

Try to find an effective route to get away, and if safe, drink a bottle of water, and find something to open a can with.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2015, 10:14:43 am »

Get the heck away. Go to somewhere of interest that is far, far away from that robot.

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2015, 01:32:04 pm »

Check inventory,try to find way out.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2015, 01:59:10 pm »

Rune decided that his rapidly worsening power situation was a problem. He searched around for spare components or parts, something to repair himself with. If he fails to see anything he starts kicking the floor and ceiling, hoping to use mechanisms found within them to repair himself. Rune also communicated once again over his OS to the Thing, displaying his incredibly low power levels and then several thousand sad faces, each sadder than the next.

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2015, 02:06:07 pm »

(/)*A similar series of decreasing mana levels and the results  of said*  *a lightning bolt and the reverse progression with an inquisitive bent*(/)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:37:42 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2015, 03:34:37 am »

Do nothing
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2015, 05:49:38 am »

Use rain of death on the golem.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2015, 06:22:26 am »

Sorry, didn't you get a severe internal injury, because Rune kicked Ajanderus with the crate?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2015, 06:40:58 pm »

Turn 4

( BTW, I'm human, and make errors. If you see any, let me know. )

Wave my wand at the unopened door of the control tower and cast Hack to unlock and open it.

Using the spellbook as a reference and the wand as an amplifier, you attempt to use the spell Hack on the control tower. KNOWLEDGE: [5 + 1(M.Knowledge/Industry) + 2(logic) - 3(difficulty)] = 5
Picturing the spell in your mind, you wave your wand in a jabbing motion. CASTING: [4 + 2(wand) + 1(M.Casting/Industry) + 1(dexterity) - 3(difficulty)] = 5
A few sparks emnate from the end of the wand, and within an instant you are inside the door's Control System. Following them in your mind, you arrive at the control panel and open the doors. +30 XP (IQ)

( PS: change your +1 Technomancy to +1 Magic (Industry); also don't forget to add your spells to your spellbook, found on the previous turn. )

Wear tophat. Store a can of food in it.

PERFORM: [10+2(Singing+Charisma)] = 12(, critical success?)
"This tophat makes me dapper and practical
And it gives me an advantage tactical
It conceals a tool
To surprise a fool
I wonder if it's somehow magical?
"

Look for a safe way out of this place.

As you put on the tophat, you suddenly feel more energized [F: -1/turn]. +1 Can (food).
Searching around... PERCEPTION: [1] = CRIT FAIL
...you see an open door, and head over to it. It's only after you arrive that you realize that an arrest is going down, and the soldiers have spotted you! There are four men who have just handcuffed what appears to be another prisoner, and as you reach the scene they turn their weapons on you. "Down on the ground!"

( PS, +40 XP (Wisdom) from last round's lucky-ass rolls. )

Rune decided that his rapidly worsening power situation was a problem. He searched around for spare components or parts, something to repair himself with. If he fails to see anything he starts kicking the floor and ceiling, hoping to use mechanisms found within them to repair himself. Rune also communicated once again over his OS to the Thing, displaying his incredibly low power levels and then several thousand sad faces, each sadder than the next.

You look around for any components with which to repair yourself. PERCEPTION: [7 - 2(wisdom) - 1(size)] = 4
The crate next to the one you slammed into the meatsack tipped over in the confusion, and some steel rods can be seen inside. You do not possess the expertise to repair  yourself, however, and your Operating System is too heavily damaged to conduct advanced self-repair protocols with foreign entities (non-Rune materials = unworkable atm). You meanwhile communicate with the Thing.

( Also gain +30 XP (Strength) from last round's action. )

Try to find an effective route to get away, and if safe, drink a bottle of water, and find something to open a can with.

You look around for an escape route. PERCEPTION: [4 + 1(wisdom)] = 5
Seeing a way through the crates, you book it away from the bloodthirsty robot and arrive near the edge of the room, behind a large metal pole. You drink the bottle of water, and eat the can of food (whose lid you realize can be peeled off easily, similar to a can of cat food). -10 hunger, -15 thirst

Do nothing

You sit still as the approaching soldier cuffs your hands behind your back; suddenly, the soldiers turn their weapons at something outside your vision - a potential ally, perhaps?

( PS; don't forget to post your sheet and perform calculations! )

Coughing up a few drops of blood, you turn on the golem and attempt to cast Rain of Death on it. KNOWLEDGE: [2 + 1(knowledge) + 3(M.Knowledge/Death) - 4(difficulty) - 2(pain)] = 0
A bout of painful coughing interrupts the image in your mind, as you fall to your knees. Your vision grows a bit blurry, but you manage to get to your feet once again.

( don't forget to add a STATUS: category, with your injury as a status effect.

Get the heck away. Go to somewhere of interest that is far, far away from that robot.

You move in the opposite direction of the robot; anywhere is better than near that crazy machine. LUCK: 7
You come across a robot who's waving a wand; probably casting a spell of some sort. A second later, the door he is standing in front of slides open. He is not yet aware of your presence.

Check inventory,try to find way out.

You check your inventory. LUCK: 3
Though you had your favorite pistol on you when the authorities brought you in, the bastards confiscated it from you. You search for a way out. PERCEPTION: [1 - 1(wisdom)] = CRIT FAIL
...Seeing an open door, you head towards it. Too late you realize, however, that four soldiers are guarding it; one of them levels his weapon at you. They were in the middle of arresting someone, while another guy has also just had a weapon leveled at him. You also see a floating pile of debris to your left.

Thing will advance on the guard post a bit.  If he's fired on, he will shoot back.

( I assume by guard post you mean the doorway with four guards stationed at it. )
Thing floats toward the doorway; Thing stops a few meters away when Thing is spotted by one of the soldiers, who turns his weapon toward Thing. Thing sees a few non-guard humanoids in the area, one of which is in the middle of being arrested.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2015, 06:54:37 pm »

((Ahem.  The floating pile of debris glows octarine.  Just want to mention that.))
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Thing attempts to communicate with the guards.
(/)*a replay of the last few moments, with a questioning intent, as well as still models of the guards.*(/)
('What's going on, and who are you?', in other words.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:00:45 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2015, 07:09:12 pm »

Rune realized he could not repair himself. However, he had trouble communicating with everything. Everything except the Thing.... and it seemed the Thing was rather pre-occupied. Rune decided to change that and make him the object of the Thing's attention again. He charged up his laser a tiny bit before releasing the beam and quickly dragging it across all of the guards. While Rune was doing this, he communicated to the Thing over his OS the message that he was damaged and unable to repair himself but had located parts which might be useful, if the thing was interested. Followed by a million happy faces and cute kitten videos.
((Not sure why, but now I want to build Rune up as almost a childish character, acting young but also maniacally evil))

[/quote]
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15