Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 28508 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2015, 12:51:01 am »

Examine nearby creatures for magical potential, if one is found offer it my eternal servitude.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2015, 05:14:36 pm »

Turn 2

Search for an entrance to the control tower, maybe use a vent if no obvious entrances are found.

Also attempt to recall what spells I have.

You look for an entrance to the control tower. PERCEPTION: [7 + 1(Wisdom)] = 8
Spotting a door, you travel over to it and attempt to enter through it. Unfortunately, however, it is locked.

Trying to recall what spells you have, you check your compartment - and sure enough, your spellbook is still there! New Section: Inventory. +Spellbook

PERFORM: [2+2(Singing+Charisma)] = 4
"I ain't happy / I'm feeling glad / I've got sunshine / in a bag..."

Run in another direction, then retry actions:
Prevent others from following the same route.
Take inventory.
Explore new surroundings.

Hoping to find another route through the crates, you run in a different direction. NAVIGATION: [6] = 6, RUNNING: [4 - 2(Speed)] = 2.
You carefully make your way through the boxes, at last arriving in a space cleared of obstructions. Turning around, you try to knock a few crates into the way of the path. STRENGTH: [3 - 1(Strength)] = 2
...but are not strong enough to do so. You shrug and take inventory. LUCK: 2
Besides the clothes on your back, you have nothing of interest on your person.

Attack any meatsacks in range by kicking them, and pound my fists against the roof. Make sure not to hit the golem or hovering objects. Non-meat things might be valuable allies.

Go kill one of the non-sentient animals with rain of death, so I might find out what it does.
Death [4]

Rune decides to kick at a nearby meatsack, (roll) some guy cowering behind a crate. UNARMED: [3 + 1(Unarmed) - 1(Dexterity)] = 3 VS DODGE: [6 - 2(Speed) + 2(Size)] = 6
The kick misses Alejandrus by a few meters, but is close enough to scare the living shit out of him. He drops whatever he was doing and takes cover behind a different side of the crate.

Rune: You feel a strange sensation in your OS. WISDOM: [8 - 2(Wisdom)] = 6
The following image can be seen: "(/)*??*(/)" You are unsure where it is coming from or what its intentions are.

Continue hiding, and try to find a weapon, or something to make a weapon out of.

You continue hiding amongst the crates, and loot them to find a potential weapon. LOOTING: [1 + 1(Wisdom)] = CRIT FAIL
While leaning out of the crate to loot another one, your, ahem, weight knocks it over! REFLEX: [7] = 7
The crate drops a few feet, spilling its contents out. You tumble out atop a cascade of water bottles.

Look for anything.

You look around for anything of note. PERCEPTION: [10] = OVERSHOT
Seeing a door through which to escape the room, you run over to it. It slides open as you approach, revealing the four soldiers on the other side. Their weapons are aimed directly at you.

Examine nearby creatures for magical potential, if one is found offer it my eternal servitude.

You look around for any magical creatures. PERCEPTION: [9] = CRITICAL SUCCESS. +10 XP (Wisdom)
There's a guy who appeared to be casting a spell before being assaulted by a giant robot, a floating pile of debris, and a small robot holding a spellbook. Take your pick (answer takes place retroactively).

Begin moving toward another crate. Look for possible threats as well. If I can get to another crate, attempt to open it. Unless its wood, then absorb it.

You move toward another crate, which is a short distance away. It is made of... 7
...metal, so you try to access its contents. LOOTING: [5 + 2(Wisdom)] = 7
Throwing off the lid, you are met with a bunch of books.

Meanwhile, you look for possible threats. PERCEPTION: [4 + 2(Wisdom) - 1(Multitasking)] = 5
There's a giant bronze robot; that appears to be the only major threat.

Leave the area, stay in shadows if possible.

You begin to leave the area, keeping to the shadows as much as you are able. STEALTH: [1 + 2(Dexterity)] = CRIT FAIL
Moving behind a tower of crates, you accidently knock it over! It topples toward you... REFLEX: [9 + 1(Speed)] = CRIT SUCCESS. +20 XP (Speed)
...but you easily move out of the way and into another shadow. You are near the edge of the room now.

Investigate the vest and tome for problematic effects.  Absorb the battery.  Mana is life.
The Colossus feels a presence attempting to communicate.
(/)*??*(/)
Inspect the general surroundings as much as I don't already know.

Thing absorbs the battery. +50 EU Max, +200 EU.

Thing then investigates the vest and tome. M.Identify: [6 + 2(Knowledge) - 1(Difficulty) - 2(No Tools)] = 5
The vest appears to be (roll) a minor magic item; from what Thing can tell, it is ELEMENTAL and contains protective spells. The tome is a book containing Astral knowledge. Thing does not believe either item is cursed (Communication is player-based; feel free to converse between turns if you are able to figure out how).
Thing is too busy to investigate the surrounding area.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:36:34 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2015, 05:20:37 pm »

Absorb both, then.
Investigate the surrounding area.
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:40:03 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2015, 05:22:31 pm »

Rune looked around. Something had tried to communicate with him. Something had also avoided his sweet foot based justice, but that would have to wait until later. He puzzled over on how to communicate back. Ah, wait! He had the perfect idea! Rune began scraping his joints together noisily, rubbing the rough metal together creating a loud screeching noise. He hoped that it would not only communicate that he had understood the message, but also to deafen any annoying living things nearby until he could obliterate them!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:24:15 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2015, 05:38:05 pm »

Continued expressions of confusion emanate from Thing towards Rune.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:41:49 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2015, 05:39:38 pm »

Rune printed a question onto his OS: "Identity?", wondering if the Thing could understand messages written from its OS as it had sent a message to his OS.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2015, 05:41:29 pm »

Expression of confusion mixed with the beginning of a spark of understanding.  Request of more information.  Scene of someone going "AUGH(etc.)"
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2015, 05:47:39 pm »

Rune replayed every video log of him annihilating a living being or destroying buildings from his experience in the Aetherworld prison. He communicates joy every time an organism is destroyed, and pleasure when a building topples.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2015, 05:48:40 pm »

The sense of wrongness as of disappointment when a building failed to be knocked down.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:52:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2015, 06:11:41 pm »

Rune decided to put this conversation on hold. Not enough blood had been spilled yet, not enough bodies pulped! He lashed out viciously at any nearby organisms with his feet and single hand, while firing a weak, uncharged laser at more distant foes.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2015, 06:58:23 pm »

Try to open the crates, examine next room.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2015, 08:13:43 pm »

Get out of the pile, and continue to look for a weapon, and try to stay away from others.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2015, 10:45:25 pm »

If I see rune trying to obliterate me, move away with as much speed as possible, preferably taking the shape of a horse.

If I'm not being targeted:

See if I can identify the books. If so, and some are spellbooks, attempt to read them. If not, absorb them all. Afterwards move toward the edge of the room.

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2015, 12:04:47 am »

Make sure I'm out of sight. If not, reun further away.

If safe, open a few crates, looking for food and water.

Eat and drink my fill if possible.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 04:44:19 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2015, 04:46:19 am »

Dodge any attacks
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children