Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Guild IC  (Read 9327 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Guild IC
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 01:30:18 pm »

"I. . .  Munch! I am glad you two are safe." Tears started to swell up in his eyes before he shook them out and just hugger his pets, irritably tight.
I *sniffle*. . .  I thought I lo-. . . Lost you both. Let's go get you cleaned up. And. . .Munch, thank you for protecting Mel.
With that, Zomara jogged happily off to find the infirmary, and to get Mel a room to sleep in.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 01:44:30 pm »

"That seems useful. Too bad for Hestol that he ran out... I hope he's OK."

Flabort dishes out ample servings of stew for himself and Moe, then goes to find Rigel.

"I was thinking of making a saddle for Moe. Do you know who would be able to make one, and what I'd need?"
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2015, 02:21:13 pm »

"We need to be stronger."Beirus mutters to Flare when they get back. He immediately makes his way immediately to a free training room with Flare, setting it to a Ruins biome and specifying Speed training. The only way to deal with a monster that large would be to move too fast for it to hit. And Beirus planned to deal with that monster, one way or another.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2015, 03:06:43 pm »

Callista presses the "Defense" button.

A red circle appears around the shooting platform. The worlds "Keep them out" appear on the line. Two targets attached to the front of stuffed goblin imitations pop up in front of you. They immediately dash for the shooting platform!

Felix turns the dial to a Ruins setting, and sets the stat to train the Strength. He leaves the monster illusions to whatever it was set to and heads inside with Oliver.

After you hit enter the entire corridor shakes and you can hear very large gears grinding. After a few seconds it stops and you hear the training room door unlock with a soft click. You enter the room and see that it is 20ft by 20ft. Each of the walls look like ancient cobblestone. A large pillar has fallen diagonally across the room. There is a set of weights along the left wall. Each weight is the rough imitation of a monster of the same size and weight. The monster stat is left off.

"I. . .  Munch! I am glad you two are safe." Tears started to swell up in his eyes before he shook them out and just hugger his pets, irritably tight.
I *sniffle*. . .  I thought I lo-. . . Lost you both. Let's go get you cleaned up. And. . .Munch, thank you for protecting Mel.
With that, Zomara jogged happily off to find the infirmary, and to get Mel a room to sleep in.

Finding no infirmary, you stumble upon one of the doors that was locked earlier. Inside is a small chapel. There are two rows of pews, beyond that is a raised podium for the priest, and at the far end of the room is an alter and a stained glass window of light shining through clouds. On the alter is a cross, which is considered a holy sign to all good aligned gods and goddesses. A small monster wearing a priests robes and hat steps out of a small door up by the alter. He looks like a walrus, and you cant even if he has legs or arms because his robe and its sleeves are so long. As far a you can tell, he's just a normal walrus in a priest's robe.

Ah I see I have a visitor before I have been able to appear before the group. My name is Gerald Billium, I am this hall's local pastor. How can I help you child?

"That seems useful. Too bad for Hestol that he ran out... I hope he's OK."

Flabort dishes out ample servings of stew for himself and Moe, then goes to find Rigel.

"I was thinking of making a saddle for Moe. Do you know who would be able to make one, and what I'd need?"
Hmm, a saddle? He's a little bit small for a grown person like you to be his rider. Saddles are a common sight on larger monsters though and I think I have a list of materials somewhere around here for such a thing, but I don't think Moe is large enough to be ridden. Still want the list?

"We need to be stronger."Beirus mutters to Flare when they get back. He immediately makes his way immediately to a free training room with Flare, setting it to a Ruins biome and specifying Speed training. The only way to deal with a monster that large would be to move too fast for it to hit. And Beirus planned to deal with that monster, one way or another.
After a few seconds of shaking and grinding you enter the room. It is about 20 feet wide and 20 feet long. There is a control panel on the wall. It has several training regimes: basic, race, escape, and capture. There is also a dial for obstacles ranging from none, some, normal, and extra.

Felicia stares at Zomara.

You watch as Zomara runs off with the two injured monsters. It seems like everyone is doing their own thing right now. Thats kinda lame, you wanted to train with someone.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2015, 03:11:07 pm »

Callista, already having her bow out and at the ready, nocks and fires 2 arrows at them.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2015, 03:12:00 pm »

Felix moves towards the weights, stepping over the pillar carefully, and picks one up. "Let's see if I can lift this..."

Weight lifting montage go!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2015, 03:38:51 pm »

Callista, already having her bow out and at the ready, nocks and fires 2 arrows at them.

(10) You fire a single arrow and it pierces both targets as they cross in front of one another! A board which you hadn't noticed before reads the words Double kill! Double Points! Beneath that is your score 40.

The words disappear and the words Round Two appear. Two goblin dolls and a slime doll appear in front of you and begin approaching.

Felix moves towards the weights, stepping over the pillar carefully, and picks one up. "Let's see if I can lift this..."

Weight lifting montage go!

You pick up a slime weight. Its not particularly heavy, but grasping it is a little difficult. There is another slime weight, slightly larger, then a goblin weight after that. The fourth weight is for a monster you haven't seen. It looks a bit like a tangle of thick vines with a single eye in the center.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2015, 03:40:41 pm »

More arrows, focusing on whichever ones are closest first.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 03:41:34 pm »

Zomara lays down injured Mel, and Munch.
"I need to find a place to heal these two up. I. . . . Screwed up big time.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2015, 03:55:57 pm »

More arrows, focusing on whichever ones are closest first.

(6) (6) (1) You easily take out the two goblins, which were faster than the slime. But when you take aim at the slow moving slime it gives you a big surprise. As you fire your arrow it hops high into the air. It lands more than halfway between the wall and your platform!

Zomara lays down injured Mel, and Munch.
"I need to find a place to heal these two up. I. . . . Screwed up big time.

Child of the Human Goddess, fear not, you have come into a holy place. After a moment he raised his arms, his long sleeves dangling, and began to pray. Dear Great Goddess Huratha, the holy light which pierces the veil, I humbly pray to you now. I ask that you use your power to heal these battered monsters and quiet your child's crying. Amen. Almost instantly light shined through the stained glass window and fell upon the two battered monsters. Their wounds visibly diminished and now look like they've been healing for days. At this point the light stopped and the damaged monsters sprung up, almost fully healed. See there child, the goddess has an open heart and cannot bear to see innocents injured such. She has healed them mostly, and they should be back to normal after a good nights sleep.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2015, 03:59:29 pm »

Callista muttered a curse as her finger slips, and nocks another arrow to fire.
Sigtext!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2015, 04:02:11 pm »

Callista muttered a curse as her finger slips, and nocks another arrow to fire.

(5) Your arrow hits it head on before it can jump again.

Score:

For round three, there are four goblins. One coming from each wall.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2015, 04:03:29 pm »

MOAR ARROWS!
Sigtext!

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2015, 04:04:47 pm »

Let's try the other slime, and if that's easy, move on to the Goblin! Being able to curl those would definetly help.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2015, 04:07:28 pm »

"Thank the Gods. . . . . And thank you George. . . No. . . Gerald. . .  Greg? Forgive me, I suck with names"! He picks up his friends and rushes off before anything can be replied, dumping them his bed, so they can both rest.
"I have a lot of work to do."
With that he runs of to one of the solo training rooms to study offence tactics.
If he were stronger, they would not have to have left so quickly,  and he would not have had to leave Munch on his own, like that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10