Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Guild IC  (Read 9311 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Monster Guild IC
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:34:42 pm »

It is a long journey from your hometown. Some traveled many weeks north from the southlands. Others traveled even longer than. This new guild hall was deep in the pine forests of the north. Its summer now and there is thankfully no slow, but when winter rears it's icy head, you know you'll be glad to have the guild hall. With the fair fields of the more temperate regions a couple weeks behind you, you finally arrive at the isolated hall. It is a tall lodge made of pine and iron. A fortress against the cold. Some say that the Monster Guild is truly an architect guild in disguise because sometimes its much better at architecture than monster slaying. However, those rumors will stop with you. You, with the aid of your new companion, will become master monster breeders and hunters.

You push open the heavy door. Its solid and thick, which makes you wonder if this door was designed to keep out more than just a few winter chills. You step into a tavern hall, two half long curved tables encircle a large fire pit with plenty of walking room between the pit and the table. Likewise there are isles between the table and the left and right walls. In the center of the room is a large fire pit, an empty spit-roaster glimmers above the already lit fire. Upon closer investigation you notice that the fire is actually powered by a rather elderly, but still quite hot, fire slime. Its lounging in the pit in such a way that you wouldn't notice unless you looked into directly. Beyond the two grand half circle tables there is a bar area on the left far wall. It looks like it can seat twenty men and there is a large collection of various liquors and ales visible behind the bar. The right half of the wall is a large cork board which has the word "Commissions" written in perfect hand largely across the top. Between the two areas there is a large double door entrance to the kitchens.

Beyond the dining area but before the back wall there is an open area with doors on each wall. The left wall also has a staircase which leads to a a second level balcony from which you can see the entirety of the hall. There are also a few doors on that upper level. Out of one of said doors a man appears. He is wearing a simple tunic made from grey wolf fur and brown leather pants. His boot steps command your attention as he approaches the railing.

I am Overseer Hestol. I am not only the guildmaster, but also the director for all activities in this area. Which, when there is only one guild, simply makes me the guildmaster. Regardless, welcome to the Guildhall. You have had a long journey now doubt, but that was just the beginning. Your true journey starts now, it starts this very night. Look around you, the chandeliers are made of iron and the antlers of Dire Moose. The food you will eat comes from the land itself. The very floors you walk on are Iron Pines which have stood for a thousand years. This place is as rugged and as strong as the land it was built in. You will come to appreciate its grandeur when the winds come and the ice sets. You will come to know the cold and you will conquer it. You will become as strong and as stalwart as this building. Or you will die.

He let his words sink in for a moment before allowing the rest of the staff to introduce themselves. An incredibly skinny woman who's hair was as grey and wispy as the morning fog came forward to speak next. Her white apron quickly gave away her role here.

I am Aris, the chef. I provide you recruits with three hearty meals every day. I've seen more monster's insides than all of you combined will see in your entire lives. Suddenly a massive cleaver appears in her hands and she waves it wildly in the air! So if I catch any of you stealing from my supplies you'll quickly become next week's mystery meat stew!

"Now don't mind her, she's a big sweet heart. In fact, she's can probably tell you as much about monsters a Jeremy can. An olive skinned man wearing a green tunic stepped forward. My name is Rigel and I am the bar tender. While that's my main job, I also run the job request board over there. Eventually we will get some jobs, and if you want to take one bring it to me and I can set you up with the paperwork. Also, I serve as quartermaster, see me about buying new weapons and armor or selling items you collect.."

Next a pale slender man with wavy black hair pulled into a small bun stepped forward. He wore the traditional blue robes that denoted his occupation: a mage. "I am Jeremy, the resident mage. I am conducting research on monsters in this area. As a result I will have several requests for you. In exchange I will be providing my services to the guild. Feel free to stop by my office if you have any questions about magic or monster breeding. "

Overseer Hestol stepped forward once more. As you can see, each of us has a job to do. However, many of us will be able to provide you extra information about monsters and quests if you ask. In addition, travelling merchants and trainers will frequent this hall, be on the look out for them. The dormitory is down the first hall on the right. The monster halls are down the first door on the left. The rest of the doors are locked for now, we will get to them as part of your training. As such the dormitory pairings are as follows: Flabort and Scrapheap in room one. Felix and Berius in room two. Leonardo and Zomara in room three. Twinwolf in room four. Adragis in room five. Each of your monsters can be found in its won room with your name written beside it. Above your name is a blank Name Plate. Speak your monster's name into the plate and it will appear on the plate. We will begin your training regiment tomorrow afternoon, for now a late dinner will be served. You are encouraged to introduce yourself to your fellow guild members and to explore the hall. Tomorrow afternoon meet here for training assignments. That is all, dismissed.

With that two server monsters brought food out tot he table. One was a large yeti. It stood ten feet tall and carried a large boar over it's shoulder with ease. It placed it upon the spit-roast and soon delicious smells filled the room. The second was a four armed slender robot it construct. It was shaped in the likeness of a human. It was silver and it's single eye glowed a light blue. You notice that it's hands have large retractable blades. It seems the cook is also a gifted monster trainer. The two monsters set to work and soon the tables were full of fresh breads, delicious stews, creamy mashed potatoes, all kinds of pork, and various other dishes. They smelled absolutely wonderful.

You now have the freedom to eat what you want, interact with the other players, explore all unlocked sections of the guild hall, and interact with the monsters.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:55:41 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Guild IC
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 11:40:23 pm »

"Good riddance to being hungry, it looks like our chef has a knack for making large meals."
Flabort scoops up a piece of bread and piles some meats on top of it, then carries it to where his monster is stored. He takes a look at his Hound, takes a bite out of his meal, thinks a bit while chewing, tosses a scrap of meat to the large dog, swallows, and speaks into the name plate: "Moe". He then pats the Hound's nose, gives it some more of his food, takes another bite himself, and goes to lounge near the fire.

"You can call me Flabort. I guess I'll be in room one, then, but I want to stay out hear and eat right now haha!"
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 12:27:52 am »

Beirus wordlessly moves over to the food, grabbing a chunk of meat in his bare hands before heading to the monster room with his name on it.

"Flare." He speaks into the name plate as the serpentine occupant of the room makes its way over to him. He tears a chunk of meat off of the much larger chunk in his hands and tosses it to the wyrm. "Eat up. Big day tomorrow." He says to Flare, leaning against a wall of the room to make sure the fire wyrm ate all the food it was given.

Flare flew over to him afterwards, draping itself across his shoulders and making a soft hissing noise. Beirus made his way back to the main area with the wyrm, watching the others to see how they would act.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:27:41 am »

The hooded man pull that back, showing a mostly normal youthful face, dark short hair and blue eyes. The only noteworthy feature is the scar extending from the left side of his mouth. The phase 'let put a smile on that face' is quickly discarded as rude.

"Scapheap." he wave in his robotic partner he was presumably given for joining "Roxanne." he pulls a bowl of stew toward himself "I hope we get along."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 06:06:36 am »

"Callista. This is Roderick." says a young woman reading a book in the corner, gesturing to the mass of walking metal beside her.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 09:40:48 am »

Felix makes his way towards the fire pit, and reaches for a piece of Dire Venison before his eye is caught by the Fire Slime in the pit. His eyes go wide, and the slime that was nestled in his hair hops down and burbles happily to its cousin. "A Fire Slime this far north? Who's his master? Where'd you catch him? He can't have come from this area or he'd be an ice slime..." He stared enraptured for a bit, then shakes himself. There'd be time for notes later. For now, he grabbed a leg of Dire Venison and moved to Beirus, having guessed their identity by virtue of being the only one not to say their name.

"Beirus, right? I'm Felix. Looks like we'll be rooming together!" His slime plopped on his shoulder, letting out a gurgle. "And this is Olvier. Nice to meet you!"

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 11:28:25 am »

Leonardo stood amazed in the great room. he knew that the Monster Guild was an old and powerful institution but he wasn't prepared to anything so magnificent. Despite thhe surprise, he listened to the Guildmaster' speech
die? i have too much to learn to die. he tought with a smile.

he stared at the two monster, the yeti and the robot bringing what seemed to be absolutely delicious food. That already would be a good reason to join the guild, he toght while siting. Meanwhile he observed his monster, a glowing eagle with metallic feathers. Apparently, he had to name him . Auror, i think it suits you. And i am  Leonado, by the way he said to the other people in the room

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 12:47:10 pm »

Felicia stared at the mass of spiders before her.
Hmm.
She tosses a fragment of meat at them, and they scurry away.
Low maintenance. Good.
She speaks into the name plate.
"Legion."
That done, she heads back into the main hall to eat, slumped over her meal with her head resting on one hand.
thincake

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 01:07:20 pm »

Zomara looked around the food table and noticed that others were taking food to thier new monsters. Not wanting to be out done, he took a hand full of bread and went to find his. Moments later he came back with an Artic blue slime, busy following him, and decomposing five loaves and half a sleeve of his shirt.

"Well, you all can call me Zomara. I guess this is Munch. . . . Think we have a clothier here?"

I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 03:44:11 pm »

"I guess you'll be rooming with me, then? You're not one of those that's going to wake up screaming in the middle of the night, are you? I don't like my sleep interrupted. It tends to make me a bit...hostile." Beirus replied to Felix, sizing the boy up along with his slime. "Oh, and this is Flare." He adds, gesturing to the wyrm who lifts it's head up to look at Oliver.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 03:59:57 pm »

After some brief introductions and some feasting each new recruit returned to their dorm and fell fast asleep. Some talk briefly to their roommate, but are soon overcome by fatigue. The warm meals in their bellies ensured that each one would get a good night's rest. Each one was excited to sleep in after the long journey to the hall, and was excited to begin training with their monsters tomorrow afternoon. If only that was the case. In the wee hours of the morning, before the sun had even began to tint the horizon with its light, the Overseer was banging on doors and blasting a hunting horn in the hall. It seems the promise of a lazy morning followed by training was nothing but a cruel joke.

After a few minutes of scrambling around and collecting equipment everyone was gathered in the main hall. Overseer Hestol stood before the group.

I believe learning on the job is the best form of training. As such, this opportunity is not one to pass up. An hour ago light was visible at the ruins to the east. You will set out post haste to investigate the abandoned ruins. Each one of you will, of course, be accompanied by your monster. In the future you will be split into smaller groups, but for now you will all stick together. Finish packing up, you leave in ten minutes.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 04:04:06 pm »

Callista is already completely ready.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 04:07:49 pm »

Before the meal, Felix and Oliver nodded to Beirus and his drakeling. "Nah, nothing like that. Maybe waking up, but the screaming usually doesn't happen." Oliver burbles a polite greeting. "Well, can't do work on an empty stomach!"

The next morning, Felix was out of his room with his mace in hand and was tugging on his left boot. "Sounds great! Let's roll!"

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 04:37:52 pm »

Eh-who-what the fu-
He mumbled, half-asleep from this rough wake. After he regained consciousness of who he was and where he was(things that required quite a lot of cold water), and making himself presentable, he scrambled to he main hall.  Ok, if this is just the first day than things aren' t going to be easy he tought. It reminded him of home, when his parents woke him up early for an important hunt. He hated that.
Luckily the morning activity this time would have been far more pleasant, since apparently today was their first mission. His eyes gleamed of excitement, almost as shining as Auror' s feathers.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 05:32:13 pm »

Scapheap leap to his feet at the sound of the banging, fully alert. He only relax after Overseer's speech and start packing for the mission.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10