Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Done  (Read 47824 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Recruiting
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2015, 01:40:09 pm »

How do I look at this in mod inspector? Figured it out
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 01:42:15 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2015, 01:52:50 pm »

Be aware that, historically, not everything shows up in the mod inspector. I suspect it's less robust when it comes to handling slightly-malformed mod files than the game itself, and for the sake of expediency NG has been know to slightly mangle its mod files to a degree that the game doesn't care about.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2015, 02:02:19 pm »

Hmm, so I'm a nation of mostly winged dudes... with the exception of my scout? Gee, thanks, game.

Edit: interesting mages, at least. Air/Nature/Fire in various combinations, and one weird dude with blood/air/water/death. Love to have some astral in there too, but can't be too picky, I suppose.

Edit: Hmm, what kind of bless would work with a flying pike wielder? Is there even one?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:11:51 pm by AlStar »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2015, 02:15:17 pm »

Checking through in game seems to be showing the inspector's pretty accurate this time, EA.

Also sweet zeus but turland's ground army is screwed. Those longbows are nice, but, uh. The everything else. Their sacred troop has 3 HP, ahahahaha. It can at least transform into mechmen, but still. I guess the general high defense will help, but. Poor hoburgs.

... and one interesting side effect of the whole formorian thing I've noticed is that the human nations all seem to have old critters as their top tier casters. Thanks, RNG :3

Did just notice that abeig could conceptually have 3 gold sacreds, if they went full turmoil, which is neat. No real reason to, considering their sacreds are even more trash than mine (the only nation that might actually have worse sacred troops than me! Shame they have formorians and don't care.) and cap only, but still. Neat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2015, 02:58:09 pm »

Don't forget to check national sites for bonuses. There's no crazy ones, but Abeig and Ceasar get +75 res, Dheathdaich and Fhuamdar get +50 res, Fairig gets +30 res, and Rizdos kills undead (fortunately, their nightmare sacreds don't count).

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2015, 03:11:53 pm »

Yeah, everyone that isn't squishy tiny people :V

... like, literally. Hobina, Turland, and Horoken are the only ones without something fancy on their national sites, and also the only ones that have no formorian access. And the ones with fancy stuff don't even have the decency to get less gems. Nationgen, why you hate tiny people :P

Not complaining, mind. It's just cruel in the most hilarious of ways, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2015, 03:59:41 pm »

God I have NO idea how the hell I'm gonna play this. I was sorta hopeful when you guys listed me as a "blood powerhouse" but boy is that not the case. All my blood magic is random. Meaning I'm basically a water/air...thing that I just don't know what to do with.

I do get superpowered sacreds, but they cost so damn much I probably won't bother till mid/late game (especially if I get wedged in that damn left corner like I always do) and while I have H3s, they can only take 10 dudes, so I'll have to forge crowns for them or somesuch to actually make USE of them.

Its kinda sad that the thing I'm most excited about right now is my BASIC SPEARMAN.
Also I suppose I have good site search ability but
I feel like my nation may be wasting its potential on me.

Actually, MIGHT know where to go on the mage front, but
E: ... looks like I get to figure out how to work communions this game. Hoo boy.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:35:19 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2015, 04:42:56 pm »

So we live in a world where Fomorians are the mundane, dominant species while humans are magical creatures that fade into myth after the EA.  I can live with that.

On my phone at work so I can't check Fairig's actual stats.  But I see hoburgs so I'm going to err on the side of pessimism :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2015, 04:50:58 pm »

... I'd, uh. BFEL, those "really damn expensive" sacreds are probably your most cost efficient unit, especially with an N bless, if you go that route. Should probably be producing as many as you can, every turn you can, for forever. I mean, helping the foe and all that, but. Yeaah. You don't just have a superpowered sacred, you've got what is probably the best sacred on the map, that likely has good odds of soloing several sorts of indie provinces* with nothing but an H1 to bless it, nevermind actually using more than one at a time.

*I just tested this, actually. One (1) wave exemplar with an N9E4 bless and the prophetized initial commander took an indie province on turn two. Province was militia and light infantry, plus a surprise azure initiate. Took a limp affliction from it, went on and blew up a province with light infantry, militias, and archers on the next turn. Went back home on turn four, picked up friends, started rampaging in earnest. Mate, these aren't just superpowered sacreds, these are bloody death beasts on legs that could probably rush half our nations and win, even with everyone but us human nations having formorians.

At least for the early game, I'd personally rank Dheathdaich as the most terrifying thing on the map, even with two three other nations having comparable sacreds. They're in second due to those ruddy dying/wounded forms.

E: And EH, you're one of the ones in second. You've got all of three hoburgs in your line up, only one of which even remotely matter (blowpipes), and everything else is formorians, including one of the three formorian giant sacreds in this round. You will also be able to take indie provinces with a single sacred and any priest, if you felt like it :V

E2: Caesar is the third one, by the by. They're also the crazy bughumpers that have the formorian werewolves, which I'd probably give good odds of also being able to solo weaker provinces, despite not be sacred. Ruddy insane inhuman buggers DX. And Fhuamdar, now that I check it again. At least theirs comes with that unrest downside :-\
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:11:32 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2015, 04:58:49 pm »

Yeah, testing shows you are right on that Frumps. Though the damn advanced descriptions thing LIED TO ME and told me that my Wave Exemplars would come with their own little water elemental buddy and I am extremely mad that they don't now :(

As for "most powerful sacred on the map" LOLNO. Maybe if the elemental hadn't been a lie, but as is they are just giant fomorians. Great, but there are other nations with BERSERKING Giant Fomorians.

So unless I'm missing something I would say that yes they are amaze but not the most amaze.

Indeed, I do this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2015, 05:00:53 pm »

Their trick comes when they die, bfel. Then they turn into a water elemental. Which itself turns into a smaller water elemental if it dies. Your guys have like 150% effective HP on any of the other giant sacreds, as well as a near guarantee of at least two turns alive and swinging after being killed the first time.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:05:09 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2015, 05:06:56 pm »

I'm honestly not too impressed by my nation. I mean, I'll try to make the most of it, but it's nothing truly amazing. I don't really see any lynchpin to base my strategy on.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2015, 05:10:33 pm »

Their trick comes when they die, bfel. Then they turn into a water elemental. Which itself turns into a smaller water elemental if it dies. Your guys have like 150% effective HP on any of the other giant sacreds, as well as a near guarantee of at least two turns alive and swinging after being killed the first time.
That's awesome!
I also just noticed that they all have the gift of water breathing for 50 troops. So basically if I load up on them I can take infinity billion "normal" troops underwater.

Indeed, I do this.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2015, 05:23:40 pm »

BFEL => I don't think the waterbreathing counts when it comes from Units (but it does, from the commander version).
Also, I compared them to mine : yours have higher protection, and MR, meaning that their HP are more meaningful, but their higher ressource cost means that you may have fewer of them (a high prod scale could help).

Also, I just noticed : I have access to every magic path. But, except for Death, boosters will be hard to get (my second is air, and I have a 25% chance to get A3 on a STR Cap-only mage, so no Winged Helmet for me :/ ). Even Fire and Death aren't on the same mage :/

Boksi, I love your heavy armored (18 prot) soldiers. The game is in EA so they should be able to expand against (non barbarian) indies easily because of the low damage they will take. Also, stealthy pillagers with good equipment :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:28:58 pm by IWishIWereSarah »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2015, 05:39:15 pm »

I like the nearly ubiquitous skelliespam potential fhuamdar has, m'self, as well as the sacred giant (if that wasn't obvious enough by now :V), heh. Those 18 prot critters are pretty tasty, too. Also potential for some nasty battlefield spells in those randoms. Not sure what to think about the sacred arbalester, though...
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43