Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51

Author Topic: Dead Man Running Season II - Five Card Drawn and Quartered  (Read 63396 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Man Running: Season II
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2015, 12:41:20 pm »

Closely watch the downed lizardman.  If he attempts to get up or use his secret telepathic powers, give him a little bit more flame.
Lie unconscious and burnt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good plan, both of you. Small holes in the floor emerge, and jets of water spray over Janeway's body, putting out the fire and causing Zack to panic and frantically stuff his fingers in all available orifices to stop the hallucinogenic government waterborne chemicals.

Catch that ball!
You jump upwards and grab at the silvery ball, but it is slightly too high to reach. In a few more seconds, perhaps... The swarmer wasps, though dampened and sooty, somehow collectively fixate on you and fly in your direction in a long, scattered stream. They'll probably also start to reach you in a few seconds. The five worms now gnawing at your chest slip down a little, but patiently start chewing again, not making much headway. Another three get onto your arm.

Fall on top of the other guy, trapping him in my pudge.

Continue to apply flame.
"Did I just feel something? Nah, must've been the wind."

Sprint to the hoop! score the goal! Get the points!

Navarro flies across the court, while Jan can only halfheartedly have her flamethrower at him and Xan can't keep up at all, though the left side of his torso and his head is covered in ants. He wildly hurls the shifting dirt ball ball into the head-high hoop, as cleansing jets of acid spray out of the rim and his shackle beeps twelve times.

"Congratulations, Navarro! You've earned the first points of the season, a whole twelve! Now listen up, folks: you can spend points not only on weapons, but can also extend a combination of the fingers of one hand into the holes in the small metal device the contestants have fastened around their right wrists! And this'll fire a random projectile, or cause a random weapon to go out, or even do something else entirely! But here's the catch: nobody knows any of the combinations, especially as we randomise them each season, so contestants can keep their precious combinations secret (PMs)! Using shackles only costs a single point!

Thanks for the advice, Parisbre! And I did tell you about shackles, right?

Spoiler: arrangement (click to show/hide)

throw another bystander on top of fat xan
Specify.
One wheel short of a wagon

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2015, 01:59:59 pm »

Specify.

If he tries that on me, I'll throw him in instead.

Spoiler: Emilio Rodel (click to show/hide)
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2015, 02:53:55 pm »

Toss my valuable deadman dollar and also the would-be murderer-thief at Navarro's feet. HE'S EARNED IT!

Perhaps petition the ostensibly friendly Emilio and anybody else helpful enough in removing this terrible concussed ruffian from the crowd permanent-like.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:56:50 pm by Harry Baldman »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2015, 02:55:05 pm »

Keep drinking. Don't get tossed into the arena.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2015, 03:05:37 pm »

Dodge any people thrown on me with my minmaxed stillz. Then distract the other team very effectively. JIGGLE JIGGLE

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:02:34 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2015, 03:16:54 pm »

Does disqualification mean we're kicked out of DMR, or just hive ball?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2015, 03:28:06 pm »

It means we hit you with a random electrical discharge.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2015, 04:04:08 pm »

Wiggle the left stick and mash Y!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:44:24 pm by Egan_BW »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2015, 05:26:32 pm »

Catch that "ball" already. Run with it, towards the leftmost red goal.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2015, 06:53:26 am »

throw the nearest bystander on top of fat xan

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2015, 07:01:37 am »

If any of the other team goes for a goal, intercept.

Spoiler: In. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:37:01 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2015, 11:33:51 am »

"Hah! Yes! That's how it's done! I am unstoppable!"
Bask in the glory from the audience. The get that moth ball or Desmonds worm ball. Whichever. He doesn't need two balls at once.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:55:25 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2015, 12:48:13 pm »

Buy thee bottles of beer. Start drinking. Whack anyone that gets near me. Throw emptied bottle at Xan and be a general fratboy nuisance.

"YEAH HEY FATTIE HAVE SOME BEER IT TASTES GREAT! Woo!"

Nunzillor

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2015, 02:53:33 pm »

Run to the closest red team member and set them on fire.  That should reveal their subcutaneous scales.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2015, 05:36:52 pm »

Specify.

If he tries that on me, I'll throw him in instead.

Spoiler: Emilio Rodel (click to show/hide)
Toss my valuable deadman dollar and also the would-be murderer-thief at Navarro's feet. HE'S EARNED IT!

Perhaps petition the ostensibly friendly Emilio and anybody else helpful enough in removing this terrible concussed ruffian from the crowd permanent-like.

throw the nearest bystander on top of fat xan
Good enough. The would-be thief and assassin is dragged to the edge of the arena and pushed against the side. Any regrets? Last words? No?
  The deadman dollar lands near Navarro. It is equal to a quarter of a point. Good for him.

Keep drinking. Don't get tossed into the arena.
A frat boy grabs and paddles you in a decidedly homoerotic manner. Was this a better outcome y/n?

Buy thee bottles of beer. Start drinking. Whack anyone that gets near me. Throw emptied bottle at Xan and be a general fratboy nuisance.

"YEAH HEY FATTIE HAVE SOME BEER IT TASTES GREAT! Woo!"
That's however many tokens I said it was. Keep track or I'll be cross.
Wow. A good throw for once. You hit him in the chest, knocking the wind out of him, preventing jiggling. You celebrate your victory by paddling a random fellow drunk, to everyone's disgust.

Run to the closest red team member and set them on fire.  That should reveal their subcutaneous scales.
You sprint across the court to Xan, ignoring the general madness around you, flamethrower at the ready, reaching him but failing to fire just as he recovers and starts jiggling again.

Wiggle the left stick and mash Y!

You nearly wake up, but not quite. Good try.

Dodge any people thrown on me with my minmaxed stillz. Then distract the other team very effectively. JIGGLE JIGGLE

Nobody is thrown on you, but you do get hit with a bottle by thrown by a being almost as disgusting as yourself. The temporary identity crisis brought on is averted when you remember that paddle-session you had with a group of tourguides in Australia-3. Crazy days. Oh, looks like there's a madman with a flamethrower facing you.

"Hah! Yes! That's how it's done! I am unstoppable!"
Bask in the glory from the audience. The get that moth ball or Desmonds worm ball. Whichever. He doesn't need two balls at once.

Catch that "ball" already. Run with it, towards the leftmost red goal.
Navarro runs back down the court, and into the centre, just as Desmond fumbles at the moth-suspended ball. There is a somewhat slapstick moment as they try to grab both balls simultaneously, Navarro somehow managing to drop the moth-covered ball on the floor behind his back, while the holes punctured in Desmond's ball by the struggle allow another two burrower worms out, one of them crawling down Navarro's arm, the other Desmond's. The worms already on Navarro start to chew their way under his ribcage, but are having considerable trouble getting past a layer of muscle. The moth-ball touches the ground during this period.

"Vampire Moths!" cries the host. Simultaneously, as 2,000 volts pass though Xan's body, extreme muscle spasms send him flying across the arena and shatter the bones of his corpse against the left wall.

"Oooh, and is that a lethal disqualification? Looks like it is! Maybe he should have been more careful of his allocated ball!"

Half a second later, the tiny wires connecting the vampire moths to their cocoon snap and fall away, and a shimmering host alights upon Navarro. Tiny needles extend from their tails, while their huge wings open and close in pleasure, as their fur and  carapaces begin to redden, and Navarro's right leg, armoured with delicate, pearly oysters becomes numb and limp.

The frontrunners of a huge swarm of wasps arrive, and begin ineffectually stinging at Desmond's face. He does get a few swelling lumps, but nothing in any way inhibiting.

If any of the other team goes for a goal, intercept.

Spoiler: In. (click to show/hide)
Two of them, after a brief squabble, are being attacked by three types of insects, while one with a flamethrower is looking confused and murmuring about gadoid rocket packs near your right hoop without the ball. Desmond holds the only ball left in play, and you are the only member of the Red Team conscious.

Spoiler: arrangement (click to show/hide)

Sorry, Xan, but it looks like we'll have to get a new character in after the elimination round.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51