Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

your worst fear, is a plague of

bugs
- 1 (12.5%)
robots
- 1 (12.5%)
monsters(xenomorph, zerglings, cthulu spawn)
- 0 (0%)
energy beings(ghosts, titan ae Drej, quasi physical beings)
- 0 (0%)
disapearances
- 1 (12.5%)
clones
- 0 (0%)
tourists
- 3 (37.5%)
humanoid monsters(vampires, werewolves, mummies, ect.)
- 1 (12.5%)
contagious disease
- 1 (12.5%)
conquering civilization
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Astranomicon  (Read 15394 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: Bubble Reality
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 01:59:08 am »

I request entrance to Reality One and a starting farm. I plant Wheat. Is there pastureland? If so, I raise sheep. If not, I raise Chickens.

Enjoy your sheep flock. (Of course, beings the whitlist is set to anyone, no request needed in future.)

I have two questions.

1) can players enter multiple realities at the same time?

No for now. Ask again later.

2) can players have more than one reality of their own at once?

Good heavens! One infinatly scalable and infinatly malleable reality isn't enough?!

See what you can do with one for now.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 02:01:25 am by GameBoyBlue »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 05:19:59 am »

Good heavens! One infinatly scalable and infinatly malleable reality isn't enough?!

See what you can do with one for now.
I can do everything I want with one infinitely scaleable and malleable reality. easy. I thought you wanted them to be bubbles and rather simplistic.

updating my world in my original post.
[/quote]

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 07:40:56 am »

Reality 10 The Shattered City
Connections: None
This reality was once a massive city stretching from the top of the sky to the depths below. On every corner was a statue or beautiful tree, and everyone was happy. Then, the manastorms came. Raw magic sewpt across the city, changing terrain, weather, mutating people and animals into horrible beasts. Now, a few scattered enclaves of survivors are desperately fighting against the many deadly creatures. Volcanoes grow out of nowhere, desert changes into coean overnight, and ancient artifacts are hidden in the ruins of the city. Even the gravity can change unexpectedly.
Whiteliest: Anyone
Conditions for Connection: Must be able to help the enclaves survive somehow.
Connect to 4,7, and 6
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:51:57 am by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 11:30:45 am »

Hey I updated mine and expanded it please look at the areas list before entering. The area around the Wildlife Center (WHere you start) is free of monsters and contains volcanic hot springs and mud baths.

I request access to Reality 2  and relax in some hot springs.

Access granted.

I too request access to reality 2

Access granted.

Propose a connection to reality 4. Also propose a connection to Reality 1.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bubble Reality: THE DIMENSIONAL ATLAS and the Elder Gods
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 01:21:58 pm »

We now have a seperate thread to explore a bubble reality.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 01:43:06 pm »

I updated my reality's description.

I request access to Battlefield of Reality #7. I also wish to know what this reality provides to newly arrived players.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 02:16:27 pm »

Reality 2 "The Cinderlands" By Spiderking

• The Webbed Woods exists to the east of the Cinderlands. It is a dark and gloomy wood filled with spiders of various shapes and sizes. Beware the venom of these spiders and also the Mad Spidermen who serve their eight legged masters. Many caves litter the area and some believe that the Spider King will give gifts to those who can reach him without being caught in his deadly webs.
  • The Howling Plateaus can be found to the west of the Cinderlands. This is a rocky and dry place where only hearty shrubs grow. The terrain is impossible to traverse. It consists of 1000 pillars of stone separated by deep chasms. Birds, Craig Frogs, and the Harpy Tribes dominate this area. There is a mysterious vendor near the entrance to the Howling Plateaus who sells various methods of transportation. At the far end of the Howling Plateaus the Misty Peaks is found. It is a multifloored dungeon of unknown origin and contents. No one has ever been able to reach it.
This

Reality 9 "The Tidal Winds" By Sl4cker

The Airrealm is a utterly vast space of open air, with only small to medium sized floating islands scattered around, so that the birds who inhabit the realm may roost for a while. But they always return to the sky.
and this
are interesting to the inhabitants of reality 3

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 02:40:45 pm »

I updated my reality's description.

I request access to Battlefield of Reality #7. I also wish to know what this reality provides to newly arrived players.
I allow this, and will give newly arrived players some combination of two simple combat items. Like an axe, shield, rope, a helmet that's basically a metal sphere. Something more advanced like a decent helmet, firearm, or better crafted axe would be earned by killing things, no taking items from corpses. If you have any suggestions this idea I can of course consider changing it, I'm not sure about this currently.

I also request connection to reality 10. Animals mutated into horrible beasts sound like great things to have fighting in a constant battle. actually I've decided against it, I think I want to be more careful about connections.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:45:02 pm by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Nunzillor

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 04:26:44 pm »

((I've entered into Reality 2 in the other thread.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 04:34:55 pm »

Reality 11: The Shimmering Wastelands
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Connection Data (click to show/hide)

If I may, I offer to establish a connection between reality 11 and reality 10, the materials may prove useful to them.
Spoiler: Godly Endeavors (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Badges (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:29:24 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 08:44:23 pm »

So lets have a daily raffle to celebrate our creative and diligent gods.

What kind of prizes would you like to see, I have ONE in mind to get things started.

First, how many tickets you have in the raffle will be determined by how many Godly Endeavors you've completed. Going by how thing were as of last night(unfortunately ignoring all the wonderful new activity from today) that leaves the standings at:

(again this is based on YESTERDAY night)

GameBoyBlue 2(I wont be counted, just here to brag)
Nunzillor 1
vjmdhzgr 1

SO LETS SEE WHO WON

Spoiler: and the winner is... (click to show/hide)

For your reward for winning this raffle, you will be made a GUEST ELDER GOD. You will serve until you are replaced. What this means is that if someone makes a suggestion to change the meta game for all realities, you can deny them, or do nothing and allow it to succeed.

There will be a pool of about 3 elder gods, and once a 3rd new one enters you will be kicked out(and can then win it back again). I plan to do raffles often, but likely no more than daily.

Other raffle prizes will depend on what suggestions I receive for what people want.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:46:40 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 12:27:02 am »

Currency Proposition!

I have created a currency, and I am willing to share it! These are bronze tokens, and you may make them obtainable in your world, on one condition:

A player cannot, in any way obtain more than 1 per hour. See Reality 1 for an example.

You do not need my permission to start if you have agreed to my terms for this currency. Please announce you have added a way to get them though.

P.S. They should not be able to walk away and come back to collect more than 1. They should need to start over each time, as to keep them precious.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:30:12 am by GameBoyBlue »

Nunzillor

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 01:05:22 am »

Aww yeah, so what do I get to do?  Anyway I can agree to the common currency for my dimension.  It'll be obtainable by scavenging for artifacts and surviving encounters, and will be redeemable for special powers within the realm.

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 11:25:59 am »

I'd agree to use bronze tokens in the Monochromous Plains.
They would be received from accomplishing various missions for your faction. And could be used, among other things, to improve your movement range.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2015, 11:33:17 am »

Reality 12, "The Dreamscape."
  • Connections:
    Reality 11, The Shimmering Wastelands.
    Reality 9, The Tidal Winds.
    Reality 13, Dealal
  • DM Style: Discovery.
  • Whitelist: Anyone.
  • Every night you remain in the Dreamscape, I will ask you to describe your character's dreams.
  • While physical coins might be valued by the natives, or by other travelers, the Dreamscape itself accepts a different type of currency. You'll discover what that is as you explore. (Accepted Currencies: Bronze Tokens, ???)
This reality is a twisted, confusing world, built from the unconscious thoughts, dreams, and musings of all who have ventured there. The landscape is strange and unpredictable in and of itself- fields of warm, luscious pastureland might surround freezing-cold mountains, which are made entirely of metal spikes. While this may seem confusing enough, it is perhaps the most understandable phenomenon caused by the reality’s loose and dreamlike nature. Unprepared wanderers will often find themselves in places that defy both physics and common sense- where pine trees might act in a manner similar to roads, gravity goes both ways, staircases are malicious, or bubbles are both gigantic and inescapable.

The permanent inhabitants of this place are figments of the imagination, impossible beings which are torn from the fabric of visitors’ dreams, and given a mind of their own by the reality itself. Friendly turtles are preyed upon by eldritch abominations, and yellow jeeps have an odd tendency to drive themselves.

Of course, it would not be wise to linger. The entirety of this land is taken from the minds of those who travel it. Stay too long, and you will wander into your own worst nightmare.

Spoiler: Godly Endeavors (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:03:23 am by Whisperling »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10