Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

your worst fear, is a plague of

bugs
- 1 (12.5%)
robots
- 1 (12.5%)
monsters(xenomorph, zerglings, cthulu spawn)
- 0 (0%)
energy beings(ghosts, titan ae Drej, quasi physical beings)
- 0 (0%)
disapearances
- 1 (12.5%)
clones
- 0 (0%)
tourists
- 3 (37.5%)
humanoid monsters(vampires, werewolves, mummies, ect.)
- 1 (12.5%)
contagious disease
- 1 (12.5%)
conquering civilization
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Astranomicon  (Read 15384 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Astranomicon
« on: September 05, 2015, 01:39:44 am »

The goal is to attract players to your reality and make connections with others. As the "god" of your reality, you cannot go there as a player.

You are welcome to have your own currencies, and mechanics and so forth and make agreements with others to share or trade such things and have different levels of compatibilities. Ideally things will be kept just simple enough so that the theme of connected dimensions will be tangible and evident.

GODLY ENDEAVOURS

Your status and that of your reality will increase as you do these things. These add permanent tickets to the weekly raffle! -Held Fri, Sat, or Sun by a volunteer raffle host.

Requirements:
• Your reality has a clearly visible number
• Info on what a player does when they arrive
• This checklist(or smaller version provided below)
• You desire to be an Elder God

[✓] Draw a 100 pixel tall, 350 pixel wide landscape of your reality.
[✓] Make at least one consensual reality connection.
[✓] Attract at least 1 player to visit.
[✓] Your reality has a badge for players to obtain. Draw your badge, no larger than 40 x 40 pixels.
[✓] Be a member of a network of, including you 3 or more realities(even if you only have 1 connection)
[✓] Your reality is 14 days old.
[✓] You hosted a raffle or obtained 2 badges from different realities.
Bonus: Since raffle #X...
[✓] You had a visitor.
[✓] You interacted with your visitor as a god/dm.
[✓] Since no longer being an elder god you've either asked to host a raffle or obtained a new badge.
10 Tickets

Change X to the # of the last raffle for bonus tickets to be counted. Here's a smaller one! Your choice.

[_][_][_][_][_][_][_] (#X)[_][_][_] 0✓

GLOSSARY
Services
Elder God: There are 3, selected by raffle, the longest serving replaced each time. When a suggestion for the game is made, there is a 3 day period in which any Elder may deny them, or allow it to pass automatically, or for 2 Elders to support the change to happen immediately. Can offer a conditional denial, such that certain changes must be met before the deadline to pass.

Arbitor: Any change related to how the Elder Gods work must first be approved by the Arbitor, meaning endeavours, the raffle, and suggestion format are totally under Arbitor jurisdiction, however things not immediately related to those arnt. Also has creative and secretarial control over OPs, and poll. Can be replaced by majority vote for new candidate.

Raffle Volunteer: Takes all valid raffle tickets and picks winner for eldership and subsidiary prizes. Results should be random, with tools such as random.org or dice. This volunteer forfeits the ability to enter themselves.
Compensation: 1 Bronze Token
Raffle Prizes: #1 Eldership, #2 1 Bronze Token

Misc.
Badges: A realities badge is an obtainable talisman for completing a challenge of some kind. Your reality may only have 1 official one, subsidary "for fun" ones are okay.

Reality 1 - Dewsteep Valley

Connections: none
Style: freeplay

Inside Rules: No fighting or drama
Entering Rules: none
Leaving Rules:
1. "Navigation" An hour must pass from the time you arived, before you may travel to another connection.
2. "Shortcuts" If you have the Dew Badge, you may come and go freely and ignore the navigation rule.

Starting Area: You will begin on a dirt road in a grassy area. Behind you are trials to the other connected realm, and before you is a path up to the lip of valley below.

Description: You have come to the furtile valley of farms and spring weather. This realm is freeplay, you may do what you want within the setting, and do not not need or have any reason to wait for god confirmation, unless you are trading with the hermit.

Farming: If you roleplayed farming more than an hour ago, you can choose to receive 1 Bronze Token. You keep track of these tokens yourself. You may do this again to receive more. You do not need permission to start a farm, and may even pretend you already had one here.

Hermit: Living in a hillside dugout is a quiet vagabond, a master painter who will consider doing a piece for you if you make a generous enough offer. If you are rejected you can try again tomorrow. You may but do not need to wait for a reply, and may leave after your request. On the door is a sign that reads, "show me you love the land".
• character sketches
• character paintings
• landscape paintings(gods only)

Dew Badge
Requirements: To receive this badge, you must farm 3 times before leaving. Inform the hermit you have done this, then you may leave. If the hermit decides you should have it, you will find somehow you have gotten it.
Badge Barrers: none

[✓][_][✓][✓][_][_][✓] (#4)[✓][_][_] 5✓

Connects with realities with no combat.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:31:46 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bubble Reality
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 01:40:08 am »

As a player, I cannot exist until someone makes reality 2.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 10:04:02 am »

Reality 2 "The Cinderlands" By Spiderking
Connections: 4

• The Cinderlands are a collection of volcanic forests over a rocky uneven terrain. Scalding hotsprings water the ancient trees that grow here among the boulders and sheer cliffs. Thousands of geysers also littler the area. Wildlife is abound. It is an area of volcanic and temperate beauty as well as ferociety. Towering Great Moose, vicious Dire Wolves, tempestuous Stream Elementals, Reclusive Dire Bears, Forest Goblins Tribes, and Fire Drakes of all sorts live in this vast forest. Many treasures and mysteries can be found in this ancient place.
  • Up on entering the Cinderlands any player will find himself at the Wildlife Reserve. It is a small building where a player signs-in before entering the Cinderlands. The Caretaker, an ancient grisled old man, takes down the names of all who enter and answers any questions. He also disperses quests to players who enter. Various vendors are also found here.
  • The Webbed Woods exists to the east of the Cinderlands. It is a dark and gloomy wood filled with spiders of various shapes and sizes. Beware the venom of these spiders and also the Mad Spidermen who serve their eight legged masters. Many caves litter the area and some believe that the Spider King will give gifts to those who can reach him without being caught in his deadly webs.
  • The Howling Plateaus can be found to the west of the Cinderlands. This is a rocky and dry place where only hearty shrubs grow. The terrain is impossible to traverse. It consists of 1000 pillars of stone separated by deep chasms. Birds, Craig Frogs, and the Harpy Tribes dominate this area. There is a mysterious vendor near the entrance to the Howling Plateaus who sells various methods of transportation. At the far end of the Howling Plateaus the Misty Peaks is found. It is a multifloored dungeon of unknown origin and contents. No one has ever been able to reach it.
  • The Drake Wilds can be found in the north. Here the woods are half burned away and the sky is filled with ash. The Drakes burn away the land and devour the ashes of the dead. However, they don't mind roasting interlopers alive either. Great Riches can be had for those who can locate one of the Ancient Drake's gold hoards.
Whitelist: Anyone
Connection conditions: No conditions. Guest limit of ten.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:38:41 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 11:08:43 am »

Reality 3
"The Expanse"
Multidimensional network of regions, connected sometimes seemlessly, sometimes with clear boundaries, and sometimes with difficult or unknown passages.
  • At the center is a Vast area called "Feline Refuge" in which cats of all kinds reside. the area is comprised mainly of woodland to the northeast, prairie to the west, and hill country to the south and east. A marsh is in the northwest, which leads to another region not accessable form the surrounding countryside.
  • To the west, past the prairie, is a large expanse of badland known as the Dog Wastes, because ... yes, it is inhabited by all manner of canines. The area centers on a plain with limited vegetation and wildlife, where packs of dogs roam long distances to hunt huge herds of migratory creatures. This region, too, has connections to other zones, which the dogs come and go from at will.
  • To the east, within the forest, is a dangerous zone of deep Jungle and strange, mechanical beings. Rumors abound of technological treasures, but the dangers of the jungle are to be taken seriously.
  • Within the Dog Wastes is a hole, deep and black.
  • sometimes, when the fogs come, a way opens in the mist to a realm of violence and ritual, memory and symbol, elf, kitsune, nightmare, and vision.

Connections: None
Connection Requirements: Must be Interesting To the inhabitants of the region within which the connection is formed.
Entrance requirements: Must bring a Suitable Offering.
Additional info:

• Creatures the resident Cats are friendly toward can receive bonuses to healing while here. This includes mental and emotional healing, as well as physical.
  • Creatures the Dogs friendly to gain increased physical endurance for long distance running, heightened senses, and a teamwork bonus. They become Social, requiring that they work in groups of five more to be fully functional and emotionally fulfilled. This effect fades upon leaving the reality, unless solemnly cemented by vows and pacts.

More coming.

I request entrance to Reality One and a starting farm. I plant Wheat. Is there pastureland? If so, I raise sheep. If not, I raise Chickens.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 02:06:40 pm by Ozarck »

Nunzillor

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 12:14:55 pm »

Reality 4 "The Barren Isles"
A small desert archipelago containing monster infested dungeons, incredible artifacts and treasure, and deadly wildlife.  Only the foolhardy set foot on these isles, and only the strong survive.

DM Style (Discovery): Those who arrive will find themselves on the largest isle of the archipelago, Assur.  The scale of the ruins that dot this island suggests that it was once the seat of a great civilization, but now only grotesque and twisted monstrosities call it their home.  Exploration will be rewarded with artifacts and deadly encounters.  Expect a harsh and demanding experience.

You will start in a ruined port building, ask for a description when you arrive.  Bold your actions.

Connections: Reality 7 - "The Battlefield", Reality 2 - " The Cinderlands"
Whitelist: All for now.
Connection requirements: Must provide a steady stream of adventurers.

I request access to Reality 2  and relax in some hot springs.

I propose a connection to Reality 6.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:18:22 pm by Nunzillor »

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 03:42:01 pm »

Reality 5 "Monochrome Plains"
Connection conditions: Must allow some level of warfare.

Vast grassy plains with the grass colored black and white in a checkered pattern, each tile is 10 feet. Any living being coming here is assigned a special pattern to move on the tiles. They can only interact with things inside their move range. At various location in the Plains are strongholds, each controlled by a King. A player may swear allegiance to only 1 king, all other factions would be rather hostile to them.

[_][_][_][_][_][_] Boni [_][_]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:24:48 am by Eritzap »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 05:27:36 pm »

I have two questions.

1) can players enter multiple realities at the same time?

2) can players have more than one reality of their own at once?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 05:41:32 pm »

Reality 6 "Jungle Hideaway"
A huge tropical jungle/rain-forest with small isolated pockets of people living in metal tree houses, or bunkers, or floating castles.  It is very high tech, (sci-fi level) and robots take care of anyone and everyone.  The jungle is filled with dangerous beasts.
Whitelist: Don't mess with the status quo
Connection Conditions: None really

I too request access to reality 2
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 07:51:54 pm »

Reality 7 "The Battlefield" By Vjmdhzgr
Connections: Reality 4 The Barren Isles.
DM Style: I guess for any players entering, it'll be like RPG combat kind of? I'm not sure I understand this, but if I do then I'll probably find a dice rolling site or something and have basic roleplay based combat. So you could just say you're going to fight something, or you could say you're going to ambush them and stab them in the neck and that'd be more likely to succeed. Still not sure if I understand this correctly, but I think this makes sense.
The reality's main feature is that it is filled with fighters of all kinds, knights, duelists, tigers, naked people with sticks, everything fights. Everything in it is constantly fighting and dying. At the start of every day everything that's died comes back to life and starts fighting again, and any damaged terrain is regenerated. Whenever all but one creature is killed the landscape changes to whatever that creature wants it to be, meaning that it varies greatly, but doesn't change very often as normally not everything is able to die before the end of the day. It is however constant that the battlefields are always surrounded by steep cliffs to stop anything from trying to leave and do something other than fight.
Whitelist: Now that I understand this whitelist, anyone can enter as a player whenever. Be prepared to deal with combat though, it's basically the only thing here.
Connection conditions: There must be some significant threat in your realm. For example reality 6 has a jungle full of dangerous beasts, that would count.
Starting Conditions: Newly arrived players get some combination of two simple combat items. Like a simple axe, shield, rope, a helmet that's basically a metal sphere. Something more advanced like a decent helmet, firearm, or better crafted axe would be earned by killing things, no taking items from corpses.

I know you said we're supposed to try to make connections and all that, but it's more fun to do something like this. So far all but one of the realities are peaceful, even forbidding connections with ones that have war, so I thought this might make it more interesting.

I request a connection with Reality 4 The Barren Isles for being the only other somewhat violent one.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:03:17 pm by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 07:56:32 pm »

((You want to know the best part?  Reality 7 can still visit 2 and 1 as it is not warfare but mindless battle.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 08:01:22 pm »

Reality 8 "Pangea"
The reality is basically earth if the continents never shifted away from each other, and the asteroid never caused the dinosaur's to become extinct. So, this reality is filled with many dinosaurs and the like.
Connection conditions: None
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Nunzillor

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 08:15:02 pm »

Connection between The Barren Isles and The Battlefield granted.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 09:15:41 pm »

Just got back, and just posting to say, I am really excited to see all the activity!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 11:04:38 pm »

Reality 9 "The Tidal Winds" By Sl4cker

Connections: Reality 12, "The Dreamscape"

This reality has two halves; The Airrealm and The Waterrealm. The Airrealm is a utterly vast space of open air, with only small to medium sized floating islands scattered around, so that the birds who inhabit the realm may roost for a while. But they always return to the sky. The Waterrealm is an equally large body of water, also with small underwater islands for the fish to make home. The deeper into the Watterealm or higher into the Airrealm you go, more fearsome and sometimes downright terrifying beasts you may find. Going to the north yields more icy discoveries, the islands more glacier than rock. The south too is a different temperature, this time humid and hot.

DM Style: Encounter
Inside Rules: Do not make permanent structures on the islands. Do not attempt to dry up the Waterrealm.
Entering Rules: All are free to enter, but transportation will not be provided. If you cannot fly or swim, you can bring your own boat-plane
Leaving Rules: None.

Starting Area: You will begin on a island floating on the surface. It is angled to make it easy for boats and planes to slide down and start transporting.

[✓][✓][✓][✓][✓][_][_] (#3)[_][_][✓][_]4✓

Tidal Badge: Obtain by reaching the very top of the Airrealm or the very bottom of the Waterrealm, and finding a legendary creature.
Badge Completors: GameBoyBlue
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:11:12 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 01:29:57 am »

I begin in the Tidal Winds!

I'm on a [sail] boat!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10