Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 30200 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D1: Believing Drunken Rants
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2015, 04:16:10 pm »

After searching for Kilakan, one of your commanding officers, one of you remembers that he's not actually here.  He had been sent to the front lines last week.  An enlisted soldier by the name of Roo had been sent to make sure the post had the minimum allowed garrison.

roo has replaced Kilakan!

To give him time, the day has been extended by 24 hours.  Day ends at 9:00 PM PST Friday, September 11th.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (IC Replacement Needed)
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2015, 04:22:08 pm »

I am opposed to an extend as another day of dilly-dallying around really isn't going to give people more cases.  The end of day hustle and bustle on the other hand, should.

Everyone start settling your cases, finalizing your defenses, placing your lynch votes and preparing for the long night.

As a personal request: If you are in a position of being unfairly lynched, as part of your defense please let us know who seems to you the most fishy based on your interactions and observations (if you can details are helpful, if not just saying something like "Griffionday seems to be suspicious" is still helpful); this can be invaluable to us if you are proven to be town by your flip.  Even if we disagree with you, we will know that you were honest.  Thank you in advance!

fillipk
Have your questions led to anyone being inconsistent yet?  Also, in this post, you switch from focused searching to spamming inane questions that you promise are helpful.  How is this not inconsistent behavior?
Unvote

Griffionday you being opposed to an extend when we don't have a scummy lynch target is bad enough, but then you also go and say that everyone should just make reads and vote on who to lynch without leaving much room for a discussion, almost as if you don't want to give Fostmoon a chance to save himself.  Also you have done two things to scum hunt, one you voted for kilakan, and defended why you did that.  After that you did a form of active lurking where you didn't contribute much, just helped people out and acted like an IC, which I get since the Ic's are inactive.  Then you write a well written attack on frostmoon and why he is scum. 
Quote from:  Griffionday
Your reactions in particular were interesting to me. You seemed confused certainly, but I didn't feel like it shook your views of either of us.  Your questions seemed to take away from the absurdity of it, and downplay things rather than try to genuinely get more information about us from your questions. Which made you feel like you already knew more about what was happening there than you should have if you only knew that you were town.
This point is a little invalid since your vote didn't shake my view of you at all, now moonlit's vote made me a bit suspicious of them but not too much since it was a pretty good thing to do looking back on it.  To be honest I find Frostmoon a bit suspicious too, but not as suspicious as you not wanting an extend with only your target having a clear case on them.

As to my questions, no they have not revealed any inconsistencies, but then again I asked them one after the other and people's answers are still fresh in their mind.  Give it a few days and they might reveal inconsistencies on day 2 or 3, I didn't expect them to reveal any on day 1.  What I have been using them to do is see how people answer them, not what they say.  You have seemed reluctant to answer my questions even though you have stated before that you don't think much of them.
Quote from: fillipk
so as to that @Everyone would you rather be scum partners with an IC or a newb and why?

I would rather have an IC because they are better and less likely to get caught and therefore more likely to win for me.
I would like everyone to answer this
What reason are you asking that particular question for? It seems to be about as helpful as asking people's favorite type of ice-cream.
If the questions were meaningless like you said you wouldn't have a huge problem and need me to tell you to answer it twice.  In fact you seem to be acting this way about all questions that get asked to everyone.
How does the number of players heavily change the feel of the game?
Not that it was a hard-hitting question that you can expect high returns on, but you value your questions as your most important tool, so why would you ignore someone ignoring your question?

Also in your vote to not extend you aren't giving the less active people a good chance to catch up and make a decent scum read again leaving yours the first one that could influence people when they do reads.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2015, 04:23:01 pm »

Thoughts so far, roo?
One wheel short of a wagon

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2015, 04:26:35 pm »

Unvote. griffonday Fillkp made some good points.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2015, 04:26:50 pm »

Wait, @ moonlitwhy am I suspiscious? Is it because I am pushing a vote on one person?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2015, 04:33:02 pm »

While I'd rather not be kicked out the game on the first day, one vote isn't a pressure move. Or it's a pretty lame one. I find your sudden and apparently unmotivated change odd, and even odder the fact that you tell me you're just trying to pressurise me, but I guess it's consistent with earlier flailing on your part.

Moonlit: if all you're doing is flailing when doing stuff like this, and single unmotivated votes aren't gonna scare someone this late in the day, why didn't you bandwagon someone to freak them out? It would have been equivalent to an early flail, I think. You vote seems to be heading us towards nolynch.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2015, 05:02:59 pm »

After searching for Kilakan, one of your commanding officers, one of you remembers that he's not actually here.  He had been sent to the front lines last week.  An enlisted soldier by the name of Roo had been sent to make sure the post had the minimum allowed garrison.

roo has replaced Kilakan!

To give him time, the day has been extended by 24 hours.  Day ends at 9:00 PM PST Friday, September 11th.
This is a reasonable reason for an extension.  Also an acceptable length.  Please do not push this day to go until Tuesday.

fillipk
Griffionday you being opposed to an extend when we don't have a scummy lynch target is bad enough, but then you also go and say that everyone should just make reads and vote on who to lynch without leaving much room for a discussion, almost as if you don't want to give Fostmoon a chance to save himself.
We were 9 hours (now we have 30 or so) away from end of day, people should be aware that end of day is right around the corner and so they need to be getting their acts together and starting their final votes for the day.  Frostmoon tends to be active and post around 6 pm, and so she would still have a chance to save herself. An extend would mean we will be stuck in this day until Monday night, which is plenty of time for everyone to lose interest and drop any pressure/momentum in this game to nil.

Also you have done two things to scum hunt, one you voted for kilakan, and defended why you did that.  After that you did a form of active lurking where you didn't contribute much, just helped people out and acted like an IC, which I get since the Ic's are inactive.
I've done quite a bit more, for example I have refused to answer your questions.  Everything I have done has been expressly for hunting scum, and most of it was successful in developing reads on people.

What I have been using them to do is see how people answer them, not what they say.  You have seemed reluctant to answer my questions even though you have stated before that you don't think much of them.

-snip-

If the questions were meaningless like you said you wouldn't have a huge problem and need me to tell you to answer it twice.  In fact you seem to be acting this way about all questions that get asked to everyone.
-sniped quote-
In general I think questions to everyone are a waste of time.  Your questions are exceptionally harmful to town because they give a very nice comfortable space for mafia to act all active and towny; and so what if someone is inconsistant? if anything I would see slight inconsistencies that as townish as it shows they are not playing to a particular formula. 

Your particular inconsistency seems forced though, as if someone reminded you that you shouldn't just tunnel someone, and so you decided to flood the thread with spam.

The comment to Frostmoon was different in that I wanted to pre-address the fact that her question was one that could reasonably be dropped under normal circumstances; I just found her insisting that her questions were so valuable and yet choosing to drop a question odd. 

Also in your vote to not extend you aren't giving the less active people a good chance to catch up and make a decent scum read again leaving yours the first one that could influence people when they do reads.
So... it's my fault if people don't already have their own reads?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2015, 05:13:41 pm »

So what your saying is that me not pressuring moonlit more then my warning of the bandwagoning is more suspicious then you pushing for a no extend after you made your case, or your refusal to answer my apparent meaningless questions, which I should say have actually helped me more then I thought they would day 1.

Moon how am I acting differently and what's before?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2015, 05:27:57 pm »

Moonlit Shadow:
On the other hand, tntey is replying weirdly, but I can't exactly vote him right after he votes me, can I?
Yes you can.  It can be suspicious and construed to be OMGUSing, but if you have a case against him and it's not just voting because he voted you, then you shouldn't count him out just because he voted you; especially at the end of the day.

Griffionday: That vote for no-extend means we still need one more.
A fact I am well aware of, and grateful for.  Do you think there is more value in letting the day go until Tuesday rather than the end of Friday or more harm as people lose interest?

fillipk
So what your saying is that me not pressuring moonlit more then my warning of the bandwagoning is more suspicious then you pushing for a no extend after you made your case, or your refusal to answer my apparent meaningless questions, which I should say have actually helped me more then I thought they would day 1.
To me? Of course.

As I have said before, you not tunneling Moonlit was not the issue. Rather that you went from being productive to not productive.

It's good to hear that they helped you.  They also probably helped scum active lurk!  Of course those may not be independent...

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2015, 05:30:25 pm »

EBWOP: Moonlit: By the way, why did you make my name purrrrrrrple~? I mean, purple is a really pretty colour, and I like seeing my name coloured, but why? Were you Finger of Suspicion-ing (a.k.a. FoSing) me? Or...?

Frostmoon Am gonna catch up today; for now i will vote fm. A combo of making posts with nothing in them and questions that do not forward the game and instead makenothers post fluff. I know I know, but roo it was rvs. I wanna get into this game. It is a high possibility of me changing it as I am on the first page. Although I shouldn't say that for 'pressure' reasons. Now FM wont feel the heat. We'll see though if they have more questions like the gem above.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2015, 05:37:48 pm »

Tush, tush! I go to sleep at 12, wake at 9, and this is what happens. Typical. I should know better than to be English. I may be able to post more tonight.

Moonlit: why did you jump in first, as wouldn't we get more information out of a scum first post, which would get them noticed early on but make them look town? Just a question.

Frostmoon:why are you pointing at Moonlit when it's pretty blantantly obvious that his play has been noobishly scummy, and he's just nominating people for info/RP/weird draconic reasons, as far as we can tell? Mighn't it be better to see if he calls them off quickly, near the end of the day? Also, Frostmoon, out of your last 5 sentences, 3 have been content free, almost. Conversationality is a good way for the scum to appear to be the most talkative .'. towny player in the room.
Lynching ICs is a good way to make scum win due to noobish confusion not being resolved, isn't it? They're more likely to be town, therefore it's better to not kill the experienced players that are most likely on our side?

Then again, perhaps they could do more damage as scum, I don't know.

I wouldn't fall into this trap if I were you. Instead of relying on damned stats. Just focus on the game. And look for potential scum tells from everyone. Yes it is *not likely* that an IC is scum but you are singling out a player. It is just as unlikely as player x or y to be scum as an IC.
Or not it's cool.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2015, 05:50:13 pm »

I don't have the time or motivation right now to put as much effort into scum hunting as I feel would be fair to my fellow players. Rather than wait until the late game to bite the bullet and drop out, thus thoroughly screwing over everyone, I'm going to request a replacement now.

Good luck, people. And if you have any important questions for me, now is definitely the time to ask.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: D1: Believing Drunken Rants (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2015, 06:15:25 pm »

Pick one person who you think is scum, why would be helpful but not required.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2015, 07:08:47 pm »

True, so I geuss he doesn't half too and it would be better for town if he didn't, never mind don't answer the question because moonlit makes sense.

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2015, 09:31:44 pm »

...mmmph. I've got math to do--in other words, I can't really post today. That, and I have a feeling that if I did post, it would just be a rant about...certain things (no, not the votes on me) in this game that have honestly really angered me. Sorry guys, I'll post tomorrow. I mean, that extension would be really nice, but I doubt that it would go through, so...yeah, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18