Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 30196 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (9/9)
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2015, 06:48:23 pm »

Frostmoon I'm used to using colored texts. Should we not use them in mafia?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2015, 06:48:32 pm »

I'm late for this, but can I ask for Spoilspec?
Tawa: Sure.  Sending info, deadchat link.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2015, 06:49:28 pm »

Frostmoon: I've played two games: Beginniner's Mafia LV, which I replaced into near the end, and Two Fold C9++, which is still going. I've also played RL Mafia (Werewolf) a couple times, and I tried Town of Salem once.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 06:53:51 pm »

Frostmoon I'm used to using colored texts. Should we not use them in mafia?
tntey: Mod comment: Text colours are generally acceptable, but not necessary (standard text is preferred).  The exception is red text, which is for voting and only for voting.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 07:02:55 pm »

Moonlit Shadow: The basic premise of your question is based on a incorrect assumption, my goal is to protect my family back at the capitol, something no necromancer could ever offer me. 
All: To answer your questions, I've played with him before, but not as extensively. Most of the rest of you I've played with in flaborts ongoing werewolf/mafia game, and Frostmoon, I have never seen before. Actually, tntey also fits that, but Griffionday's higher up the list. Doesn't mean anything, but I've just chosen for to vote by those categories.
Why do you think it more valuable to vote for someone you don't know well than someone who you have played with? Or if there is no inherent value in it, why would you do something that "doesn't mean anything"?

Frostmoon
Everyone: How much experience does everyone here have? Like, what games have you played and what have you learned from them?
I played a handful of games a on this forum a bit over a year ago, a beginners mafia and a couple other fun ones that were going on including a beautiful game by Vector.  I also got to play a couple of RL games of mafia and Resistance.  I hope I have learned to tunnel less and be less bullish and act more based on intuition.

Persus13
What so-called "scum-tells" do you personally find particularly likely to be misapplied and blind town?

And finally Kilakan

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 07:12:30 pm »

Griffionday, I just used it as a way to RV.
Do you think anything of value has come of your vote? Any ways to dig deeper from my reply to the vote, or other new leads to follow?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 07:25:52 pm »

Yes! And that is! Uh! Um... nothing, as you weren't really in a position in which you had to say something, so an answer with nothing in it, like the one you gave me, is completely sufficient and reasonable!
That it is, yet your question is still the most notable thing to happen in this game.  Do you think it odd that two people would immediately jump on your case about it?

And to proceed in the RVS... Kilakan!
Let's see how far we can get this bandwagon!!!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 07:41:38 pm »

I didn't jump on his case, I just questioned why his case was jumped on.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2015, 07:56:55 pm »

Moonlit Shadow why did you jump on the band wagon, you working to get us loyal adventures lynched?

Sorry about getting you lynches Moonlit, I looked back through and saw some posts I missed that made you look really town :(
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2015, 08:53:44 pm »

tntey: Ahh, sorry, it's just unusual to see people colouring their text in mafia. There's nothing wrong with it, though. :3

Griffion: As you asked Moonlit to whether or not there was any reason for his RVS vote and what he had hoped to gain using it, why did you vote kilakan? Were you hoping to spring a bandwagon? If so, why?

Moonlit: Is there any reason to believe that kilakan is scummier than, say, your previous vote, Griffion? Do you think that kilakan's scummy at all? Do you believe that forming a bandwagon is a worthwhile thing to do, especially this early on? What do you think of the votes on you?

kilakan: You're quite popular today, it seems~! :3 What do you think of these votes? Do bandwagons usually start during RVS?

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2015, 09:02:27 pm »

EBWOP: Moonlit: By the way, why did you make my name purrrrrrrple~? I mean, purple is a really pretty colour, and I like seeing my name coloured, but why? Were you Finger of Suspicion-ing (a.k.a. FoSing) me? Or...?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2015, 10:11:59 pm »

For the experience question, I've played the cultists and churchgoers and C++
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2015, 01:27:06 am »

tntey
I didn't jump on his case, I just questioned why his case was jumped on.
Do you think that his jumping on to my case was wrong? If so, why?

Frostmoon
Griffion: Were you hoping to spring a bandwagon? If so, why?
Nope, fortunate accident!  Why are you asking questions you don't care about the answer to?

DoctorMcTaalik
Why are you already choosing to not engage in the game?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2015, 02:40:37 am »

It's 2:30 AM. I should be working on the essay that's due in six hours, not poking around on bay12. The fact that I haven't posted since this technically yesterday morning doesn't mean I'm "choosing not to engage", it means I'm otherwise occupied. Grumble grumble.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2015, 03:24:11 am »

Tush, tush! I go to sleep at 12, wake at 9, and this is what happens. Typical. I should know better than to be English. I may be able to post more tonight.

Moonlit: why did you jump in first, as wouldn't we get more information out of a scum first post, which would get them noticed early on but make them look town? Just a question.

Frostmoon:why are you pointing at Moonlit when it's pretty blantantly obvious that his play has been noobishly scummy, and he's just nominating people for info/RP/weird draconic reasons, as far as we can tell? Mighn't it be better to see if he calls them off quickly, near the end of the day? Also, Frostmoon, out of your last 5 sentences, 3 have been content free, almost. Conversationality is a good way for the scum to appear to be the most talkative .'. towny player in the room.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18