Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 30192 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D1: Believing Drunken Rants
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2015, 03:51:25 pm »

EBWOP:
After searching for Kilakan, one of your commanding officers, one of you remembers that he's not actually here.  He had been sent to the front lines last week.  An enlisted soldier by the name of Roo had been sent to make sure the post had the minimum allowed garrison.

roo has replaced Kilakan!

To give him time, the day has been extended by 24 hours.  Day ends at 9:00 PM PST Friday, September 11th.
This is a reasonable reason for an extension.  Also an acceptable length.  Please do not push this day to go until Tuesday.
And the other extensions weren't reasonable because?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: D1: Believing Drunken Rants (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2015, 03:59:28 pm »

Well fuck me. I'm not used to thinking hard, writing lots and not editing my posts at the same time. Sorry.

Did you sort of degenerate into mocking and exposing my charcter flaws a little in the last bit there?
Yes, sorry that was juvenile of me.  I am suspicious that you are a member of the mafia, but I should not be so bullish and hurtful about it.

Persus
EBWOP:
This is a reasonable reason for an extension.  Also an acceptable length.  Please do not push this day to go until Tuesday.
Two of them were essentially "I don't know who to vote!" which while true, isn't reasonable as more time typically doesn't help. Your reason and Frostmoon's were better, but I didn't like the thought of this day dragging out until Monday night.

Persus13
Who do you think that town should lynch tonight, and why?
-snip-
Your play has been a tad too aggressive for my personal taste, but I haven't seen anything necessarily scummy, aside from I'm not sure how making a point of refusing to answer fillipk's questions is as pro-town as you claim, or why you seem concerned about it. Not sure what to think of fillipk, he needs a closer look as well.
I /am/ trying to work on the aggressiveness as it tends to be counter-productive and hurtful, I think I toned it down some this game.  My point was that I was doing more than just lurking, not that it was meant to be obviously pro-town.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (9/9)
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2015, 04:06:36 pm »

Persus
EBWOP:
Two of them were essentially "I don't know who to vote!" which while true, isn't reasonable as more time typically doesn't help. Your reason and Frostmoon's were better, but I didn't like the thought of this day dragging out until Monday night.
Agreed, weekends can certainly drag.

Persus13
Who do you think that town should lynch tonight, and why?
-snip-
Your play has been a tad too aggressive for my personal taste, but I haven't seen anything necessarily scummy, aside from I'm not sure how making a point of refusing to answer fillipk's questions is as pro-town as you claim, or why you seem concerned about it. Not sure what to think of fillipk, he needs a closer look as well.
I /am/ trying to work on the aggressiveness as it tends to be counter-productive and hurtful, I think I toned it down some this game.  My point was that I was doing more than just lurking, not that it was meant to be obviously pro-town.
Aggressive play is something you don't need my approval about, just I tend to be fairly uncomfortable with that. Considering we are playing a game where we search for traitorous scum, aggressiveness is sometimes necessary.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2015, 04:19:41 pm »

filipkis scum. Die scum, die.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2015, 04:26:56 pm »

fairly sure griff guy is town he walks the line of believing his own bullshit. Although the only thing that worries me is griffs mafia god complex.

No idea why people think moonlit is scummy he's fairly town from what I've read.

Persus is being persus.

Will look back at the FM v Njw interaction.
Or not it's cool.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2015, 04:35:02 pm »

Roo why?

What makes you think I am scum, I'm getting maf from tntey because I haven't seen him scum hunting and he jumped on grif with me saying I made some good points, and nothing else.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2015, 04:35:34 pm »

@Griffionday RE: Conversationality thing: I just meant that starting off discussion could be a mafia gambit to appear town as they would seem to be contributing to the discussion in a major way, which is a towny thing. I apologise for using the word conversationality, as it is actually a scum-tell, right? I shoulda just said active. From this we can get yet another piece of evidence for our "idiot" read on NJW.

And:

1-2: Okay, you missed my point.  The only reason you would ask this question is if all those assumptions were made about the actual individual, not what they say:
U wot? All I did was frame a question in a way that assumed they were town for them to answer. If they could not answer this non-scummily in this way, then they were less likely to be town. Several people have asked questions as if the person replying would answer in a manner explaining their actions as a townie before. This was a dig: I felt that posting first with a senseless accusation might be a scummy thing to do, and I wanted to get some evidence on Moonlit's thought processes when doing so. Does the fact that I stated that it was odd for a townie to post first in this manner, rather than scum suggest to you that I may not have fully believed that Moonlit was town?

Please, you've managed to get me a lynch crew based on this, the fact that I pursued someone who I thought was scum a lot, and the fact that I felt the person who voted for me in a semi-random and rather ineffective(directly) manner was behaving oddly.

Having previously been over-rigourously defended (I didn't attack them, see pages 4-onwards, I think) near the start by the person I believe to be scum.

So can you just explain precisely, in greater detail, what was so scummy about my statement. And if there are any of your questions I haven't answered I will be happy to do so.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2015, 04:36:30 pm »

Did you explain this earlier, or is it a little random? Or are you just planning to change your vote and spook him a little.
One wheel short of a wagon

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2015, 04:38:52 pm »

Roo why?

What makes you think I am scum, I'm getting maf from tntey because I haven't seen him scum hunting and he jumped on grif with me saying I made some good points, and nothing else.

Does nothing make you happy filipk? First you vote some guy then other guy votes with you and you turn and call him scum. I ask you whats up with that? You should be happy he's hailing you as his savior. He's the watson to your Sherlock Holmes.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2015, 04:41:46 pm »

Did you explain this earlier, or is it a little random? Or are you just planning to change your vote and spook him a little.

Vote with me and find out.
Or not it's cool.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2015, 04:51:48 pm »

Nah Roo is voting me to try to pressure me see if I'll loose my composure and reavel some clue to see if I'm maf.  I don't think he's maf, I think he's just trying to get back in the game with an RVS that could lead somewhere.  I also think he choose me because of how I reacted to him voting me in C++.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2015, 04:58:34 pm »

Ddynamo has replaced DoctorMcTaalik!

Day extended another 24 hours (I know, weekend, but I don't want to shove long extensions in all over).  Day ends 9:00 PM PST on the 12th.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2015, 04:59:03 pm »

I like how things are progressing now. My kind of game. It's a shame posts have diminished and the cattle are thinking this is law and order. See a scum vote a scum.

We ride though.

Filipk if you were conviced griff was scum did tnt jumping on change your mind? You wrote a whole dissertation on griff iirc.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2015, 05:00:36 pm »

Hey TNT filipk is calling your presence dirty. Vote for him to show him whats up.
Or not it's cool.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D1: Believing Drunken Rants
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2015, 05:02:11 pm »

Why? He isn't and doesbt seem lile scum.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18