Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 241376 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1665 on: September 03, 2015, 08:28:09 pm »

Talios guards the crack in the fourth wall and uses his scythe to collect the two wayward gods.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: September 03, 2015, 08:28:09 pm »

Aedif has come into existence. Aedif says hi and creates mortals to worship him as the god of Building and Artistry. The mortals are called Leg-Godts. They look like stone golems but smaller, faster, more flexible and smarter.

Wrong thread, this is the OOC. This is something you would put in the IC. You should also specify the traits to add, if you want more control over it (For example, +1 Speed, -2 Size, +2 Intelligence). You should also put down the number you want to make (standard is .001E for 10).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 03, 2015, 08:29:25 pm »

Oops, my fault. I was showing Jake how to make post. My bad!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 03, 2015, 08:35:54 pm »

Anew being pops into existence on the surface of Gaia, looking around with wide, sparkling eyes. "Oh, my! What a beautiful world! So full of life, too! Now where am I?"
"AWW HOW CUTE"
"A GOD THAT IS NOT INSANE"
"OR EVIL"
"WHAT A RARE SIGHT"

Begin patting Anew`s head vigorously.

(I would suggest a different text color)
This makes me wonder, does Talios qualify as an evil god yet?
Depends, Itia considers anyone friends with Zenurion evil. So if Talios has been friendly with Zenurion then yes, Itia would consider Talios evil.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 03, 2015, 08:44:19 pm »

Aedif has come into existence. Aedif says hi and creates mortals to worship him as the god of Building and Artistry. The mortals are called Leg-Godts. They look like stone golems but smaller, faster, more flexible and smarter.

Wrong thread, this is the OOC. This is something you would put in the IC. You should also specify the traits to add, if you want more control over it (For example, +1 Speed, -2 Size, +2 Intelligence). You should also put down the number you want to make (standard is .001E for 10).
Oops, my fault. I was showing Jake how to make post. My bad!

In addition to what Stirk said, you should probably bold your actions. Coloring text is usually used for a character speaking so your actions are more likely to get glossed over.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: September 03, 2015, 08:55:25 pm »

So, I want to create a race that has Combat -2, Speed +2, and Intelligence +2. I think 1,000 of them would be a good number to start with, right?
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 03, 2015, 09:03:40 pm »

So, I want to create a race that has Combat -2, Speed +2, and Intelligence +2. I think 1,000 of them would be a good number to start with, right?

Post-population inflation maybe. Right now, they only *technically* have 10% of their total value. So 1000 mortals would only be worth 100 actual mortals. If you want 1000 mortals worth of mortals, you have to make 10k. (Because some people have razor-thin suspensions of belief or really like big numbers  >:(.)

.001*Combat-2 <x0.5>*Speed-2 <x0.6>:*Intelligence+2 <x1.4>=~.0042 for 10, .42E for 10,000, and only 4.2E for 100,000.

You have 10E to start with, that regenerates (partially) based on how many followers you have. You also have 10I, which can act as Essence, but regenerates slower and also is your HP.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 03, 2015, 09:17:40 pm »

Nah, 1000 mortals are worth 1000 actual mortals. It's just that instead of 5000 actual mortals giving +1E/tick at max piety, it's 50,000 actual mortals. Or immortals, as the case may be.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: September 03, 2015, 09:18:21 pm »

...Huhwha?
KJP, EXPLANIFICAMATE.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 03, 2015, 09:21:08 pm »

We had a scale-up, BiggerFish. Since 5,000-15,000 mortals wasn't really enough to have big societies with all the fancy whosamawhutsits, we just scaled it by ten.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 03, 2015, 09:23:51 pm »

Nah, 1000 mortals are worth 1000 actual mortals. It's just that instead of 5000 actual mortals giving +1E/tick at max piety, it's 50,000 actual mortals. Or immortals, as the case may be.

Not really. 10000 mortals is worth 1000 per-inflation mortals in every single way. If I don't miss my guess, we are basically using the same calculations from before but slapping an extra, cosmetic, and superfluous zero on population numbers. As in, a 1000 mortal race has 100 *actual* mortals, who's lives and deaths are calculated. Then it gets an extra zero added on. 1000 mortals are only worth 100 mortals from any game-mechanics perspective.

...Huhwha?
KJP, EXPLANIFICAMATE.

Remember that vote? The one saying "How many extra zeros should we add?"? You all answered "One". Now everything is confusing for no reason.

We had a scale-up, BiggerFish. Since 5,000-15,000 mortals wasn't really enough to have big societies with all the fancy whosamawhutsits, we just scaled it by ten.

It is, but *some people* don't realize that, or ignore that this is a fictional place where Gods control everything.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 03, 2015, 09:24:36 pm »

Yeah I got THAT, but eh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 03, 2015, 09:28:24 pm »

Ah, but Stirk

10 post scale mortals would beat the crap out of a single pre scale mortal.

Game mechanics wise, they're worth what they're worth. We're not simply slapping an extra zero on, as if we were the population numbers would all end with a zero. So we have slightly more precision to the statistics. Mortals are worth what they're worth. Increasing the scale at which the game takes place at doesn't change that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 03, 2015, 09:35:36 pm »

Yeah I got THAT, but eh.

Eh?

When we had the scale up, the number inflation was artificial. The extra 90% might as well not exist.

As in, lets say you had 1000 mortals before. If Eid got bored and used some flux to kill 100 of them, then one hundred would die. On the tick, these remaning 900 would die/breed like normal. If this had happened post-inflation, Eid would have killed 1000 and left the population at 9000 with the same attack, while the population counts would pretty much stay the same.

So what you new players should get from this: The number of mortals is smaller than it looks, so build more mortals to compensate.

Ah, but Stirk

10 post scale mortals would beat the crap out of a single pre scale mortal.

Game mechanics wise, they're worth what they're worth. We're not simply slapping an extra zero on, as if we were the population numbers would all end with a zero. So we have slightly more precision to the statistics. Mortals are worth what they're worth. Increasing the scale at which the game takes place at doesn't change that.

The thing is, no they would not. 10 post-scale mortals would be on equal footing with a single post-scale. A 10,000 man post army would be only able to fight off a 1,000 man army pre. This is what I am saying: The extra 9,000 or 9 are for all intents and purposes imaginary. KJP didn't do anything to the "game engine", they are still reading the "Base" numbers. 10 post mortals are only *really* 1 pre mortal as far as mechanics care.

We are just slapping an extra zero on. KJP just keeps track of decimals. Basically just multiplying everything by 10 (which is adding an extra zero...) The decimals where, presumably, being kept track of before this and simply not shown (Because nobody cares about a decimal of a mortal.)

Mortals aren't worth what they are worth though. KJP made it clear that it was a completely cosmetic change. 10k are only worth 1k. They are just pretending that they are actually 10k people to keep the Gods happy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 03, 2015, 09:36:55 pm »

Nope.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 241