Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to create(god game)-now has waitlist  (Read 13395 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Roll to create(god game)-now has waitlist
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2015, 05:30:41 pm »

I too am fond of the depths, I would create life there once the depths can hold them.

Now that the glass corals littered the desert surviving on almost nothing, but hardly surviving, Managone once again tried his hand at water. Attempt to fill the desert with a shallow sea.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2015, 06:37:48 pm »

((Will some actions get easier with practice? For example, creating simple life, forming mountains, creating weather?))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2015, 07:20:45 pm »

((Will some actions get easier with practice? For example, creating simple life, forming mountains, creating weather?))
no, they wont

I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2015, 07:44:27 am »

(If we can claim large areas I claim the small desert and mountain range where my last action was).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2015, 09:46:47 am »

((You can claim all you want but there is no real in game benefit, most likely.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2015, 09:54:12 am »

you can only claim one hex, and it will affect the game later

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2015, 09:57:26 am »

(As there is enough world to go around, we all may as well claim a small section of land to be ours. Then the remaining land should be community space. That gives players their area to create and imagine, and allows for other areas where their creations mingle. Doesn't need to be an actual bonus.)

Bollux. Ninja'd by the GM. Ok, I claim my desert hex.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2015, 03:55:58 pm »

TURN 3:

With its first attempt at creating life, Borrthul will seed the lake with algal blooms, which will softly glow at comfortable light levels when enough are together.
(2) Try as you might, you just cant create any algae

Orden creates a river system with the water from the hurricane flowing through it in endless cycles of cascades.
where will you put the river system?
Starting in the area hit with the hurricane, eventually moving through 14.18.
(4) You decide to spread the water around by creating some rivers, and the water bends to your will

Melt some of the snow, forming rivers flowing down the mountains.
(2) (6) Uh oh, you melted too much snow, now its all gone

"The land has defied me once, and twice, but it won't defy me a third time, the land will obey me.  Sigh well a king must have a castle before he has "

Mold the Mountain into my palace with the same rules as before.
(5) (1) FINALLY! you manage to bend the mountain to your will and create a magnificent palace inside the peak of the mountain

"Hm. Seeding the depths. Doable. Easy. It shall be done."

The Shifter places a few metal "seeds" in the depths of Borrthul's caverns. These "seeds" will slowly grow into ore deposits, and send metal filaments throughout the caverns, reinforcing them.
(5) (5) those "seeds" were very effective, making it almost impossible to collapse the cavern.

I too am fond of the depths, I would create life there once the depths can hold them.

Now that the glass corals littered the desert surviving on almost nothing, but hardly surviving, Managone once again tried his hand at water. Attempt to fill the desert with a shallow sea.
(4) trying again to create water, this time you succeed in creating a small sea in the desert (please put a location for your action from now on)

YES!!!!! Thank you! ((Assuming my drake has no problems surviving in the ocean, since it's a water creature)
Start creating minor life forms for the drake to eat. Then make more drakes. And claim 00,18, 01,18, 00,20, 01, 19, and 02, 19.

Rng is nice to me :D
(3) trying to get food for the drake, you attempt to summon some life, however you only manage to summon some microscopic plants

(you only get one action per turn, more drakes will have to wait)

Also, how specific you make your action affects the results

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: other stuff (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:56:13 pm by DAPARROT »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2015, 04:02:09 pm »

"Ah finally the land has chosen to obey me."

Take my place ion the throne of this palace, make earth in the shape of a humanoid smaller then a human, about 4 feet tall and breath life into it. Call this creature a dwarf, and create about 100 of them.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2015, 05:22:01 pm »

Now let's seed the river system with some self-sustaining algae that consume sunlight and carbon dioxide to function and output oxygen.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2015, 08:35:17 pm »

Satisfied with His work, the Shifter returned to His territory, the mountain.

The Shifter begins creating life. His form of life takes the initial form of self-replicating nanomachines - essentially, mechanical versions of bacteria and other single-celled organisms. They are powered by sunlight and reproduce using any nearby materials - usually rock or metal.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2015, 08:53:48 pm »

Make more snow.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2015, 09:21:18 pm »

Borrthul will attempt another organism, a simple bioluminescent fungus, which will use the Metal and water to survive, excreting oxygen as a byproduct.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2015, 11:12:09 pm »

Make algea and kelps in the sea

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2015, 09:21:16 am »

TURN 4:

"Ah finally the land has chosen to obey me." 

Take my place ion the throne of this palace, make earth in the shape of a humanoid smaller then a human, about 4 feet tall and breath life into it. Call this creature a dwarf, and create about 100 of them.
(1) (1) (2) (3) You are a king, so you need your subjects. You try to create suitable creatures out of earth, but only manage to create some lizards(oops forgot my own rules,no lizards for you)
but they just collapse or explode, now you have rubble all over your palace

Now let's seed the river system with some self-sustaining algae that consume sunlight and carbon dioxide to function and output oxygen.
(2) (6) The river is too empty, so you create some plants to fill it, but you create too much and now you cant see any water through the algae

I guess my luck had to run out at some point.
Create more suitable life forms for food.
(6) The drake definitely needs food, and this time you manage to summon some crabs, they are a bit big though, and will definitely fight back if the drake tries to eat them

Satisfied with His work, the Shifter returned to His territory, the mountain.

The Shifter begins creating life. His form of life takes the initial form of self-replicating nanomachines - essentially, mechanical versions of bacteria and other single-celled organisms. They are powered by sunlight and reproduce using any nearby materials - usually rock or metal.
(6) (5) This world needs life that is like you, so you create simple mechanical bacteria, some of which are starting to clump together

Make more snow.
(2) (4) this mountain needs to be white again, so you summon some more snow on it, not enough to do much with it however

Borrthul will attempt another organism, a simple bioluminescent fungus, which will use the Metal and water to survive, excreting oxygen as a byproduct.
(6) This cavern definitely needs life, so you create some that can survive in here, only problem is that it's eating the metal to quickly

Make algea and kelps in the sea
(5) (3) finally, you can create more advanced life on this barren world, so you create some aquatic plants for your new ocean

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: other stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:15:09 pm by DAPARROT »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8