Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Mercenary Commanders, a Multiplayer Strategy and Roleplaying Game (OOC)  (Read 4687 times)

Everchosen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I've been a lurker for quite some time, and I thought that maybe this forum would be perfect for an idea I had for a game, and here it is. The game is influenced by some RPGs and Wargames.

IC Thread

Mercenary Commanders

Welcome to the lands of Santdor. This continent, once an Eden where various races lived in harmony, is now composed of several warring states, petty kingdoms and city states, all of them trying to conquer each other. Peace is not unknown, but it only lasts long enough for cities to be rebuilt and new armies to be raised. For centuries it has been this way.

War has become a business for those trained on its arts and prepared to fight for gold. From lone mercenaries that sell their services as bodyguards to the mercenary armies of the city states of the Golden Coast. It has become such a lucrative business for many, that some merchants recruit mercenaries and sponsor them for a share of their benefits.

And that is exactly what happened to you. None of you have that much experience commanding a mercenary force, but for some reason you were chosen to become the council leading the mercenary army that the Merchant Prince Caunphen is sponsoring. Instead of just one Commander, Caurphen decided to hire a council of 4 mercenary leaders. You were chosen for these positions.

Whether you accepted for the money, the power, or the faint hope of fighting for a just cause later, you must now fight in many different wars, and command your men to victory... Or die trying.

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

This is not a first come first served. I'll take the four ideas I find more interesting. There might be pictures of battlefields during the game. This is both an strategy and a RPG game, so I expect both interest in administration and tactics and in roleplaying.

More information will be added as needed.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Also, I can accept certain changes. For example, I can allow a character who is a Knight to exchange his retinue for a more exotic mount, like a Gryphon.

Spoiler: Active Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:25:50 pm by Everchosen »

Everchosen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Commanders, a Multiplayer Strategy and Roleplaying Game (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 04:28:20 pm »

Characters

Spoiler: Winston Dugrey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syracause (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skavar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Donnar Hammerfist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:21:38 am by Everchosen »

Everchosen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 04:29:28 pm »

The Army

Funds: Syracause 26 SGC, Donnar 5 SGC, Skaver 32 SGC

Spoiler: Syracause's Orcs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Winston's Grey Knights (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Recruited Troops (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 04:25:07 pm by Everchosen »

Everchosen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 04:30:35 pm »

Units Information

Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:34:39 pm by Everchosen »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 04:31:44 pm »

Name: Winston Dugrey
Race: Human
Class: War Priest
Bio: Winston has always been a devote follower of the 12 nameless gods. His parents left him at a ministry when here was just a babe, and from then on, he seemed chosen by the gods. He excelled in his studies of religious texts, he showed a natural inclination for school, and was gifted with an affinity for combat and tactics. Winston felt truely blessed and became a missionary. After a few years of spreading the faith only to have his budding believers cut down, Winston exchanged his priest's robes for a set of blessed armor. Now his sword spreads the will of his gods.

Winston is about six feet tall with a broad build and a defined angular face. His hair is golden blond. His eyes are blue.

The Grey Knights have existed for as a major military power for centuries. As an extension of the Grey Church, they have always had sway in the world. The Church itself sees the Knights as the soldiers of gods and will send them into conflicts where they deem divine retribution is necessary. The Knights themselves are incredibly devote individuals who will die for their cause. Winston is no difference. He has led his holy men into battle time and time again, and their gods continue to guide their swords and shields to victory. The enemies resolve weakens as they are assaulted by the unyielding faith of these soldiers. Men and women who not only fully believe in their cause, but in their leader, and in their gods. They walk onto the battle field unfearing of death because they know they are already in the hands of their gods. Zealotry is their sword and faith is their shield and no enemy has been able to break their resolve. Truly these soldiers have been chosen by the gods.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:39:34 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 05:28:32 pm »

Interest
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Everchosen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 08:15:25 pm »

One more thing. I'm leaving open things like the culture of human kingdoms and stuff because I want to give you a measure of freedom when writing your bio. But if you have any doubts about whether or not your submission would acceptable, feel free to ask.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 08:34:06 pm »

Researved
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 08:42:06 pm »

Name:  emong stormy
Race: Gnome
Class: Tinkerer
Bio: Stormy grew up in a very rich family that designed seige engines for armies. Stormy was touched with a spark of madness at a young age, creating self destruct paper airplanes and fire origami. As stormy grew up, he rised through the rank of merchants, and eventually became a very respected merchant and a very feared tinkerer.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 08:44:44 pm »

Delete this one.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:12:36 pm by flazeo25 »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 09:09:29 pm »

Name: Kanami Reziburn
Race: Taurphen Elf
Class: Mage: 2pts necromancy, 1pt destruction, 1pt creation and 1pt nature
Bio: Kanami grew up as Taurphen elf in south eastern forests, she had great respect for the witch queen and many towards the way of her people
willingness, she doesn't support most tradition held by other types of elfs. She discovered she had a talent for magic at early age and focused many years worth of study honing it, she didnt narrow her magic to just one path but focused bit more on necromancy as it facinated her. As she got older she decided to become a mercenary to develop her skills through war than more study. Her status with her community is unfavorable as she is seen as outcast.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »

Name: Syracause
Race: Orc
Retinu: Orcish Men-at-Arms (Pike/Shortsword/Full Medium Armour. Hand cannons if available.)
Class: Captain
Bio:

'A orc is made for killin' and smashin'

"That my dear brothers is what the so-called 'Chief o' Chiefs' Guthbrub said upon his coronation day. My brothers, it is true that our ancestors were slaves. The foul sorcerors took our ancestors from their homes and made them anew. They thought to create thralls, subservient beasts that would serve the needs of the High King. For years they served as dwarven slaves, working in those dark mines and never once seeing the radiant beauty of the sun. They thought us as nothing more than dirt, beasts in mind and soul as well as body. Perhaps they were right for a time, perhaps. After all,  we did burn their homes, tore apart their families and destroyed their precious tombs. Then again, they did deserve it. Regardless, for many years after we wandered. Nothing more than mangy savages, inflicting their rage on a world that had ignored their enslavement."

"But that is the past. True, many of our brethren still live in such...squalor. But not I, nor you. When I was born, I was named 'Yuthrgrib'. A good orcish name, yes? Well let me tell you my dear brothers that such a name originated from a dwarven insult which in the common language would be a synonym of 'worm excrement'. Not a good name at all for any self-respecting orc, and that is what I am. My brothers, I was raised an orc for my whole childhood never questioning our identity, our way of life. But then I was taught, taught the histories and the written word. I learnt the court-speak, the hidden tongues of the priests and the secret words of the magi. Though I never truly delved deep, I can tell you that if we remain as we are and never grasp at greater things, we will be nothing more than the barbarians others claim us to be."

"Though I wandered for a time thinking on how our species could be brought to greatness, I eventually decided on a certain path which our race has been associated with for so long: war. I entered a military academy, fought the discrimination from my fellow peers and now lead you with discipline. Perhaps one day our whole race could be as you, but that is a far off dream still...a dream which can only be achieved by showing the rest of the world our greatness. Brothers, it behooves us that we be the very rolemodel for the rest of our species so that one day we may be treated with the respect due to our people, and perhaps one day, be greater than all others.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:32:21 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 09:23:29 pm »

Welcome to forum membership, Everchosen!
Scholar:
It is rare for a scholar to become a mercenary. They usually become one due to financial needs, and they offer they knowledge of various subjects such as geography, history, finances, magic and strategy. This way, they can help with logistics and sometimes even in the battlefield.
Trained in various sciences. They have no retinue. They have 2 points to spend in one of the eleven Magic Paths. Orcs and Goblins cannot be scholars. Dwarven scholars have instead knowledge of runes and are runesmiths.
When you say that Dwarves use runes, what knowledge are their replacing with that? Their 2 points in Magic, or their training in various sciences?

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 09:30:24 pm »

Name: Uro'Grog
Race: Male Orc
Class: Sorcerer
Minor paths: Void 4pt, Sin 1pts, and Blood 1pt. ((possibly will change due to bio.))
Bio: To be written up at a later time.

Nvm. I'll watch.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:56:43 pm by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Everchosen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 04:37:06 am »

Their 2 points in magic are replaced with Rune Knowledge. Which basicly allows to create small magic effects for weapons, armors and so on (like cannons that set on fire everything the cannonball touches after being shot).
Name: Winston Dugrey
Race: Human
Class: War Priest (Creation Magic)
Bio: Winston has always been a devote follower of the 12 nameless gods. His parents left him at a ministry when here was just a babe, and from then on, he seemed chosen by the gods. He excelled in his studies of religious texts, he showed a natural inclination for magic, and was gifted with an affinity for combat and tactics. Winston felt truely blessed and became a missionary. After a few years of spreading the faith only to have his budding believers cut down, Winston exchanged his priest's robes for a set of blessed armor. Now his sword spreads the will of his gods.

Winston is about six feet tall with a broad build and a defined angular face. His hair is golden blond. His eyes are blue.

War Priests don't have magic skills.

Btw, those of you have a retinue, might want to specify a bit about it. For example I imagine that micelus' is composed of orcs, but maybe specify about their equipment (I'm guessing heavy armor, shields, and swords or axes).

Name:  emong stormy
Race: Gnome
Class: Tinkerer
Bio: Stormy grew up in a very rich family that designed seige engines for armies. Stormy was touched with a spark of madness at a young age, creating self destruct paper airplanes and fire origami. As stormy grew up, he rised through the rank of merchants, and eventually became a very respected merchant and a very feared tinkerer.

You should specify the nature of your war machine (It can be almost anything... However the more complex it is, the more likely it is to not work or explode (Flame cannons, primitive gatling guns and similar stuff are fine. A tank... not so much).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:02:48 am by Everchosen »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4