Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164109 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2505 on: October 15, 2016, 05:05:43 pm »

You can treat a given ant colony as one giant organism rather than separate organisms in most cases irl.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: October 15, 2016, 05:06:56 pm »

That was my thought as well.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2507 on: October 15, 2016, 05:10:41 pm »

I meant in terms of survival. With the queen and any "successors" gone, the colony is doomed.

So I'd think that only the queen and potential queens would "count."

Of course with magic it's not always a certainty.
When the pheromones keeping the workers infertile and subservient wear off, the worker ants fight each other and a new queen comes out on top.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: October 15, 2016, 05:14:55 pm »

On a tangent, how much does perception of the world affect a magi's ability?

If they thought something untrue was true, would using that "truth" as a part of a spell not work, work "normally," or would something go wrong?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: October 15, 2016, 05:16:14 pm »

A Magi flat out Defines truth or untruth when casting. To a Magi. The possibility of their Declaration being untrue doesn't exist. Their Declaration is a Fact.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2510 on: October 15, 2016, 05:18:02 pm »

In other news, I used the Castle forum Games as texts in my HSC. For the second paper, we had to do three essays; one of those was on 'Interaction'. We had to do MT Anderson's Feed novel and one other text of our own choosing.
The question was something like 'How does social context effect how an individual is able to interact and communicate?'
I used the Gaian Elf's subversion and going from communist to capitalist.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: October 15, 2016, 05:18:18 pm »

Have there been schizophrenic or otherwise out of touch with reality Magi? As in relatively functional ones.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: October 15, 2016, 05:23:11 pm »

The majority of Magi are out of touch with what mundane mortals perceive as reality. If they were grounded in that 'reality' that mortals see, they couldn't do magic.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: October 15, 2016, 05:23:23 pm »

All:Considering that Foxhound apparently really wants to spend their money, I'm taking suggestions on how to make an exoskeleton that drops things that'd damage the wearer into the Void even more good at its job.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: October 15, 2016, 05:24:43 pm »

Akras is a fascinating study in how capitalistic amorality and employee immorality can mix.

The corporation itself is only about the bottom line and the company continuing to have one, but the employees range the morality scale from somewhat decent people to those worse than Dr. Tal (no offense, I think he's fun).

It's almost like Akras itself is an Entity.

Wait, did I just accidentally stumble onto something?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: October 15, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »

Uhhhh...

Huh.

Interesting theory.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: October 15, 2016, 05:28:53 pm »

Considering that Foxhound apparently really wants to spend their money, I'm taking suggestions on how to make an exoskeleton that drops things that would damage the wearer into the Void even more good at its job.

Maybe a way to limit wasted movement (the unnecessary movements that can add seconds to an attack). Or it also monitors the body of the person wearing it and can regulate it. Like maintaining blood sugar, preventing shock, etc. Or using that as an attack by dropping what it hits into the void as well.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: October 15, 2016, 05:30:37 pm »

So how is everyone today? Also would anyone like to be converted to the Boulderharem?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: October 15, 2016, 05:31:38 pm »

What's that?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: October 15, 2016, 05:33:46 pm »

Considering that Foxhound apparently really wants to spend their money, I'm taking suggestions on how to make an exoskeleton that drops things that would damage the wearer into the Void even more good at its job.

Maybe a way to limit wasted movement (the unnecessary movements that can add seconds to an attack). Or it also monitors the body of the person wearing it and can regulate it. Like maintaining blood sugar, preventing shock, etc. Or using that as an attack by dropping what it hits into the void as well.
Well, yes, definitely probably already done on that last one.

$$$pricecheck on everything else?

Also would anyone like to be converted to the Boulderharem?
Explain.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 204