Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390617 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #4845 on: July 19, 2016, 07:27:11 pm »

"Jon. Recover Zander and do a checkup then go back to attempting to fix Zach. Odds are is his plate stopped the worst of it but he's heavily winded and might have some internal bruising."

Alright. That's enough silly casualties for one excursion. Drone into the building. Shoot anyone who looks vaguely threatening.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4846 on: July 19, 2016, 07:45:45 pm »

Zach will try to live.
You're back in the endless, empty grassy plains again. It seems to be evening, or at least cloudy enough to block out most of the sunlight. Wind was blowing furiously, blowing loose grass all over the place, some slaps onto your face, drawing shallow cuts wherever you've exposed skin, causing jolts of pain each time as the dull ache comes with the bleeding.
Zach wanders the dreamland
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: July 20, 2016, 09:36:32 am »

"On it."

Go get Zander. Do a diagnosis and move him away from the building if it won't worsen his injuries. Treat him and check on Zach.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: July 20, 2016, 09:44:45 am »

Kyoko supports tal with the drones.Like a mindless drone
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: July 21, 2016, 12:24:14 pm »

'Shit' Zander will try to roll out of the way of the way at least. 'Shit shit shit'

The pain started to kick in, but you've let your well-trained instinct guide you and began rolling out of the way and out of sight of the doorway. Every roll you made hurts, but also got you out of the doorway and hopefully out of harm's way. The fact that you are still not dead is a very good sign if anything. You see Vigil running over to cover you as well as Jon sprinting over to you, bless his soul(?) but Medics are the best.

And now Vigil will run up, instead of jogging. Pull out his sword, the huge and heavy one, and, lay it down on the ground, before pointing at the man, and then at the sword on the ground.

The elderly man tried to shoot you, and you were already half-way jumping out of the way with your bullet-time dodge but nothing came out. This surprises the man inside the keep and you aggressively gesture at him and the sword.

Seeing that his weapon has failed him and you having the clearly upper hand, being able to run around with a gigantic sword like that and all, he decides to carefully lay his gun down.

((I find the fact that an organism specifically evolved to maim, kill and devour creatures nearly died when it attempts to eat a sheep somewhat bogus. I mean, did I Crit fail a roll? Better yet, why did I need a role to kill something that, in VKs words, has running speed educable by to a roomba? Why did I need a role to eat? Also, whoever said I swallowed the sheep whole? It's too late now, and retcpnning would just be bothersome, but in the future can we please assume Frazz has some intelligence with his actions? He's random and spastic, but also genius to the point where things work out for him anyway.))

[You ate something hazardous that you have no idea that it might be. The Wool itself acted as a really good sponge and soaked up a lot of stuff, and that includes your saliva when you tried to swallow it, once it was half-way down your throat it sucked up the much-needed moisture there and got stuck, thus choking you. Also Intelligence does not means Wisdom, as someone once explained "Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad. "

It's true that there's no Wisdom stat, that's because you as a player is the Wisdom stat for your character. It doesn't matter if mechanically you have Wis 100 or Wis 1, what matters is what the player choose to do. Thus it would be redundant to have a Wis stat to waste your points in anyway when you could spend them elsewhere.]

"On it."

Go get Zander. Do a diagnosis and move him away from the building if it won't worsen his injuries. Treat him and check on Zach.

You sprint over to Zander with amazing force and speed of enhanced cybernetic leg muscles before dropping to a knee next to the rolling man, gently hold him down to the floor and began your diagnosis. Hell, you don't even need to cut through his cloths and just use your enhanced bionic eyes to take a quick X-Ray scan of the man. While it seems that his armor plate is fine, the force delivered to him have broken 3 ribs, you don't think it jabbed into anything yet so he's not in a critical condition, and if you can keep him laid down on his back you could move him around fine enough.

And if you really want, you can perform a live surgery right here, right now and set his ribs back in place with some bone glue, you've got everything you need to do a field surgery all tucked up in your arm, after all. And the Medkit will give you all the morphine needed to keep him from going into shock and Adrenaline to wake him up if things goes bad. Not to mention you can restart his heart with a poke of your finger that will basically Taze him.

You carefully drag the downed man away from danger, do you treat him now or go check on Zach?

"Jon. Recover Zander and do a checkup then go back to attempting to fix Zach. Odds are is his plate stopped the worst of it but he's heavily winded and might have some internal bruising."

Alright. That's enough silly casualties for one excursion. Drone into the building. Shoot anyone who looks vaguely threatening.

Kyoko supports tal with the drones.Like a mindless drone

The two of you operates the drone into the building, the threaded gun platforms plowed through the door, breaking it a little in order to widen it enough for the threaded drones to get inside. People screamed as they swung their turrets around, high-powered spotlights shining down at them, delivering some seriously terrifying images for the primitives.. besides the surrendered weapon, there doesn't seems to be anything else that could threaten you, so they shot nobody. But even then, quite a few people had wet themselves or worse and are openly sobbing on the floor. It's pathetic, really.

Zach will try to live.
You're back in the endless, empty grassy plains again. It seems to be evening, or at least cloudy enough to block out most of the sunlight. Wind was blowing furiously, blowing loose grass all over the place, some slaps onto your face, drawing shallow cuts wherever you've exposed skin, causing jolts of pain each time as the dull ache comes with the bleeding.
Zach wanders the dreamland

The wind continues to whip and blow, blades of grass cutting into you and causing the aching pain to sting now, you find your eyes heavier as small slices appears on your body with each slap of grass.

Then you hear a voice behind you.

"WELL, WELL WELL, WELL WHALE WELL WELL. LOOK WHO CAME CRAWLING BACK!"
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: July 21, 2016, 01:20:23 pm »

Vigil nodes, and smiles. He then points to himself and sucks in plenty of air, before turning on his speaker.

"SIT."
His voice was as loud and clear as he could make it, and then he sat down. Then he pointed to the same man, and shouted once again.
"SIT."
If he did not, right away, vigil would do it again. Four times max, before forcing him to neal.

I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: July 21, 2016, 03:28:39 pm »

((Sorry, but a pack of wild Retcon goblins have eaten this comment.))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:07:29 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: July 21, 2016, 03:59:17 pm »

((porks. It's in Zach's head, not yours.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: July 21, 2016, 04:06:48 pm »

((Shit. RETCON POWERS ACTIVATE!))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: July 22, 2016, 03:20:53 am »

"Of course I get shot with the primitive gun out of everyone, fuck this hurts. You should go check on Zach though, i'll survive I've had worse from one of my horses. Keep an eye out too, all this noise may of attracted something to us". Zander pulls out his pistol and keeps alert as he can but stays still.

*Edit
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:23:25 am by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4855 on: July 22, 2016, 04:00:44 am »

((Are we going to do this over docs or PMs or here, vkiNm?))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: July 22, 2016, 07:03:44 am »

"Alright, I'll check on him."

Zander's going to be fine without surgery for a while. Let's check on Zach.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: July 22, 2016, 09:35:42 am »

Vigil nodes, and smiles. He then points to himself and sucks in plenty of air, before turning on his speaker.

"SIT."
His voice was as loud and clear as he could make it, and then he sat down. Then he pointed to the same man, and shouted once again.
"SIT."
If he did not, right away, vigil would do it again. Four times max, before forcing him to neal.

Thanks to human intelligence, it didn't take long until they know that you want them to sit, so they sit down. Still terrified.

And so an Elderly man along with women and children sits down, terrified at a black man aggressively yelling at them.

"Of course I get shot with the primitive gun out of everyone, fuck this hurts. You should go check on Zach though, i'll survive I've had worse from one of my horses. Keep an eye out too, all this noise may of attracted something to us". Zander pulls out his pistol and keeps alert as he can but stays still.

*Edit

It's actually not so bad when you stay still on your bad, even when you're holding your gun.

You could probably have your dogs guard you right about now, but so far it's not all that bad.. ah, that Kelpie that's been following Vigil is looking at you.

"Alright, I'll check on him."

Zander's going to be fine without surgery for a while. Let's check on Zach.

Leaving Zander's side, you went over to check on Zach. The man's still unconscious and very much mangled, his three limbs aren't even salvageable at this point and with your educated opinion as a Doctor you'd recommend amputation and replacement with Cybernetics or vat-grown limbs. It's a good thing he's out, too. You're certain that if he were conscious, he'd go into shock from the pain.

((Are we going to do this over docs or PMs or here, vkiNm?))

[Over here. I'm tired of having to spend days doing something in Docs or PMs before anything can move on. It really kills the pace for everyone else.]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: July 22, 2016, 09:52:15 am »

"Fuck it. We have a spare one to test with." A drone is to shoot the mobile Kelpie before it causes another silly avoidable casualty.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: July 22, 2016, 10:10:58 am »

"Tal, Zach's limbs are completely unsalvageable. I'll begin amputating them."

Field amputation? Field amputation. Unless Tal has an objection.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 612