Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391311 times)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile

Will send the plants in containment like Tal suggests, as well as the rest of the soil. Zander requests however that he still be involved with them, he will even incinerate them himself if he has too.

Tal it would much appreciated if you took a day away from reading, to get this drill going. It's a smart thing to do and the sooner we get going the better.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Methinks we will need to schedule it with the other teams. How about two weeks from now?"

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While all of this is happening, Arthur begins running an obstacle course to see if he's comfortable with manipulating his body.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

"Arthur! you want to go as the gunner in the sim?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile

Yes well I was talking about getting together with the other squad leaders, to go ahead and plan that. But yes two weeks from now would probably be a good time.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"SORRY, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS SIT ON MY ASS ALL DAY!! I JUST GOT LIBERATED FROM MY HOSPITAL BED SO I NEED TO GET USED TO RUNNIG AGAIN!"

It's quite clear that there is no malice in his voice.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arthur ran, and he ran, and ran, and ran.

The sense of rushing air, the burns of the muscles, the pumping of adrenaline and his heart working, it is so liberating! SO HAPPY!

Arthur gained temporary perk: "Run, Arthur, Run!" his running and sprinting movement speed is increased for the duration of the mission. He's likely able to out-run everyone in the squad now.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Is there a firing range? If so, go there for practice.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Week 1/4

Training Results:
After spending the majority of days at the firing range shooting, Aria gained a temporary perk 'Going ballistic.' and can hit things a little easier when she's not moving for the duration of the mission.

Zachery's Flight sim didn't go so bad, repeating the many courses again and again each day made his hand swift on those buttons. Zachery gained the temporary perk '[Hopefully not] Crash course piloting.' and can pilot helicopters and VTOL aircrafts a small bit better for the duration of the mission, bonus decreases as the size of said helicopter increase.

Jon's practice earned him the temporary perk 'Live practice.' allowing him to treat injuries more effectively for the duration of the mission and making him less prone to panic when exposed to gruesome injuries.

Vigil's trainings on dodging beanbags fired at high velocity out of a shotgun have earned him several nasty bruises throughout his body and he earned a temporary perk 'I've had worse.' which increases his pain tolerance significiently for the duration of the mission.

Zander's suggestion for a joint drill with other Squads were accepted, it'll be happening next week.
His plants also have out-grown it's pot, and is still being observed in the Biolab's containment unit. It's about twice the size of what it should've been as a mature plant right now. Lab results came back that the plant clippings continued to grow still even after being removed from the main body and had to be thrown into the incenerator just to be safe. They can't find anything abnormal with the dirt but it was still incenerated too just to be safe.

Tal's translation for the whole week have gotten a good deal of the language worked out, while making out what word makes what noise was practically impossible still at this point, he managed to isolate some meanings out of the patterns. Word that might have meant 'Warning' came up a lot next to pictures of monsters, which is beautifully detailed, rendered in ink. It's lifelike and some of the pictures looks like it's staring right back at you!

Most of the warnings can easily be summed up as 'See this? don't fuck with this.' It might have been more elegant, of course, but with no understanding of the language right now it's impossible to take in the full meaning of it.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

((And...))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[And...?]

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((sigh. What did Frazz turn up with his stims balancing?))

Edit: ((Or, what did he find in the books. I imagone a bunch of dangerous monsters would interest him))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frazz's experiment with using the alien soil mixing in with his Stim yielded.. interesting results.

After injecting a small amount of the dirt-mixed cocktail into a labrat and observing it, the test rat suddenly began to grow unnatural muscles, teeth and excess flesh rapidly. It almost look like the thing was bubbling!

It's painful screeches would make any Animal's rights activitist cry, and was silenced suddenly when it's body could no longer take the rapid growth and promptly exploded messily. Splattering Frazz and any nearby person/object with rat blood and gore. A few Interns puked right then and there. A tooth that was blasted off from the exploding rat caught itself in the neck of a nearby Scientist and she had to be taken to the infirmary, but the doctor said she'll be fine.

His attempts on balancing the stims went a lot better, while haven't been able to manufacture some sort of a wrist auto-injector yet, watering down the Stims made the effect last shorter and less intensely, but the drawback are much easier to shrug off now. Someone suggests calling it 'mini-stim.'
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:23:04 pm by vkiNm »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

More translation! Also do the pictures resemble encountered creatures?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frazz Bursts into the common room

"Guys! I made a stim that wont have nearly many drawbacks! Also, they arent as potent, so they dont need a certificate to administer. I shall call it: the Mini-Stim!!"

Frazz holds up smaller, less dangerous looking syringe

*Angelic Chorus*

"Here, Im gonna go find Arthur to prove its safety/effectiveness. He needs to stretch his legs anyway"

Frazz runs down to the athletic track where he presumes Arthur is still parrying a certain Robert Zemekis film
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 612