Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391315 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

"What does this button do?"

As a person who has never used a flight sim before, Arthur begins mashing buttons.
"hold off on the buttons for now, you just fired a missile into us." Zach says, restarting the sim, "I'll tell you what buttons do what when we're up"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Vigil comes back, the very next day off the week, after seeing a doctor, to make sure he had no broken bones, to do more dodge training. He was sure he was getting better. Little by painful little.
But, his tactics changed. This time, instead of trying to dodge as soon as the gun was pointed at him, his goal was move before Maximus did. To learn to predict his aiming.
This faired him much better. He even managed to dodge one fifth of a shot, once, for the first day, which caught him in the leg and landed him straight on his face.
"Danm it. I need to be faster."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Frazz looks at the departing peasants. Sigh. Some just don't appreciate science.
He also notes the security teams departing, then looks around for anyone. Seeing none, he sets up a little camera (Im talking iPhone here) and begins running. Centering himself in the middle of the athletic area, he doses up

"Guys, i am the best chemist in this dimension. FOR SCIENCE!!!!!!"

((ALso i wasn't going to force arthur to take it. I was going to offer it to him as a way to test his new legs. Just saying.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, I just don't want to take any risks.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

((What I was going to do if you did try was slice the syringe with the throwing knife and tell you that the next one was going in your arm))
"Alright Arthur, First thing's first. You see the stick between your legs? WRONG STICK. Yes, that one," he says as Arthur figures out which stick Zachary meant ((Double entendre intended there)), "That's called the cyclic. it's the main tool used to maneuver the helicopter. Pushing it forward will tilt the helicopter forward, and the big blades on top are now pushing us forward." He lifts off from the ground before setting the simulated altitude to 2500 feet and demonstrating.

"On this model, at least, The pilot and Gunner share a few controls. We share the cyclic, anti-torque pedals, throttle, landing gear and FLIR. The anti-torque, or rudder, is the main way of controlling the direction we face. We CAN do it with the cyclic, but that is only really effective when we are going forward at high speed," Zach draws breath and continues after Arthur tests the cyclic and the rudder, "The throttle determines how fast the rotor spins, as well as fuel consumption. More power will make us go faster and higher, less will do the opposite, but with the aid of gravity. The landing gear is a switch labelled 'Gear'. Now we come to the tool you will be using a fair bit, so get familiar."

"FLIR, or Forward Looking Infra Red is pretty much your eyes if weather is bad. As the name implies, it can see in infrared, AKA thermal heat signatures. It can also see in Night Vision, ordinary optical vision and Ultraviolet, as well as some fancy stuff you probably wont understand. On the right hand side of the FLIR panel you have your weapons controls."

Zach spawns a stationary unarmed lightly armored enemy helicopter for Arthur to shoot. "Fire when ready"
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arthur hits a switch.

He fires a single machine gun bullet...

Somehow, the bullet hits the rotor causing the enemy helicopter to spin out of control. Arthur looked overjoyed at what he thought was an impressive shot made with precision and skill.

The helicopter then stops its act and turns its cockpit to face Arthur. One can very easily see the virtual pilot laughing.

"Uh, which button is the missiles?"

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 07:29:52 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

((hitting the rotor would just make a pretty ping sound which we wouldn't even hear. If you hit the little box that the rotors stick out of you might have a closer effect to the one you described))
"Weapons panel is touch screen. Tap the heatseeker missile button and then establish lock, then you should get concentric circles coming from the hottest source within range with the hit chance in faded grey. For radar-guided missiles tap the radar guided missile then you should get a list of radar sources and the frequency to launch the missile at. For the love of God don't lock onto us with either. Another combat option you have, which you found out about, was the nose cannon. Tap the image of it on the weapons panel and it will aim in the same direction as you face."

"Pick your method and fire"

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What are the chances we could convert the helicopter controls into Xbox controller format? Because that would be 50x easier))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What are the chances we could convert the helicopter controls into Xbox controller format? Because that would be 50x easier))

[You mean you want to remap alllll of this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Into something like this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And still have it have the same level of fine control needed to fly a flimsy vehicle that's throwing itself through the air by method of two pairs of blades that's spinning really, Really fast while armed to the brim with explosive weaponry? I'll leave the chances hanging in the air.]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

((Hmmm. . .  would it be unreasonable to say that there is a holodeck or VR chamber where Vigil can train his skills?))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh and also, about 90% of those knobs and buttons are irrelevant. Look at the chopper from Far Cry 4. Choppers arent nearly as complicated as usual. All the minute, lesser details could be handled by an AI on an Iphone equivilant of intelligence. I know this is a really stripped down example, but the point is that most of those knobs are for fiddling with tiny things.))

Ex: http://www.torange.us/photo/26/16/In-the-cockpit-of-the-helicopter-1387450203_41.jpg
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 12:38:48 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((Rule one of video games. Video games do not reflect reality. Rule one of movies. Movies do not reflect reality. All the buttons exist for a reason. If it could be remapped irl then they would have.))

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:11:09 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

http://www.decodedscience.org/mistaken-ideas-concerning-helicopters/26228

Also, we totally need one of these: http://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/eduardo-galvani.jpeg
((Literally nothing in that first site contradicted my points. As for the second one, what use would it be?))
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 612