Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390979 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (?/6) Changing the Game Industry with HL3
« Reply #915 on: November 29, 2015, 06:17:15 pm »

Watch for any other incoming enemies
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 30, 2015, 12:30:50 am »

Upon surgery examination, it seems that the Spiker's 'spikes' are connected to several pressure sacs in their bodies, including a large on on their shoulder. Spikes are stored inside then and then traveled to the receiving end of the organic tube where vacuum is formed. Tal can guess that with enough built up pressure, it could spit mucus-covered spike with strength roughly equivalent to a composite crossbow.

Toxics testing on the spike shows that it is covered in thin, weak numbing poison. It would temporary paralyze a man given enough time, but fortunately the poison doesn't seems to be strong enough to leave any permanent effects or even close to being lethal to a human's body. Perhaps someone with severe allergy and extremely weak natural defense, maybe. But you'd more likely to find those people in the hospital's intensive care ward than a battlefield.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 30, 2015, 01:26:23 pm »

Hey Tal do you want us to start tieing up the big guy, or do you think the engine can handle it.I go over and investigate the other squad see if there's any identifying markers, also see if there's anything worth salvaging off them or the truck.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 30, 2015, 02:24:58 pm »

"Gonna check with the techies first. They are the ones who maintain the trucks after all."

Tal notes down the data from the spikers, has the disabled drone loaded up and has the weapon swapped with the rocket drone's missile launcher.

He checks the flying scout drone's feeds and converses with the techies to see if the vehicles can actually handle pulling Subdenizen 001.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 30, 2015, 06:53:02 pm »

The disabled drone have been loaded up to the Technical support vehicle and it's weapon swapped.
So far, the feed from the scout drone is showing that the castle's superficials are more or less in wreck. With destroyed rubble walls damaged by heavy gunfire and burning flamables from the incendiary bullets. Most of the small bunkers still seems to be structually sound, however. And the main building itself is still standing. Damaged, but still standing. No movement or signs of life is detected so far across all scanners.

"If we got a strong enough chain, one of these babies could probably tow a tank." The Techies said confidentally. And you're more or less certain that the Subdenizen 001 is much lighter than a main battle tank.

"Think it's over?"
Jenny asked as she looked over through her scope, helping Arthur on the overwatch. Neither of them is seeing anything worthy of shooting yet.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 30, 2015, 07:10:37 pm »

Welp! Time to get to work. Lets hook up Subdenizin 001. Keep watching the scans to make sure nothing jumps us. Take samples of everything.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 30, 2015, 08:56:29 pm »

After some awkward tugging and pulling, Subdenizen 001 is hooked up to one of the Vehicles. Putting it onto a portable wheeled platform is going to make transporting it a lot easier.

There's a great deal of scientific data to take samples of, it's wonderful. Tal busies himself gathering things and watching the Scans, which still seems to be passive so far while Zander wanders over to check on the other company's agents. Wading through the field of dead bodies that is really starting to stink up the place.

Nothing seems to be bursting out to murder Zander so far, and he made it to where the wrecked Truck and some dead bodies lay. Everyhing is so badly crushed or pulverized that it's really repulsive to the stomach. Zander can actually feel physically sick searching through the tenderized meat that used to be a human for some sort of markings, which he does find.

If the badges were to be trusted, they're from a Russian State-owned megacompany Almaz-Antey.

Zander suffers a -1 Penalty to will from witnessing the horror beyond the gate for the first time up close.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 30, 2015, 10:33:54 pm »

Fucking shit....Zander mutters to himself visibly shaken.

Hey found out who these sorry assholes worked for Almaz-Antey the megacorporation. I say we take any equipment we can take off these sorry suckers and keep moving what do you guys think??

Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 30, 2015, 10:42:22 pm »

"Fine by me. Do you think that there are any more survivors or are these the only other mercenarys?"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 01, 2015, 01:21:09 am »

"Check? We can take them back for interrogation. Also strap all the intact human corpses onto one of the trucks and recover the dogtags if they are not intact."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 01, 2015, 12:38:41 pm »

"If there's anyone left, they're probably hiding and shitting their pants." Jenny observed.

taking examples of Specimens are one thing, trying to gather the broken remains and dogtags of fellow humans is a completely different manner. Unless you've got a purely scientific mind who have sliced open more corpses than you'd care to remember, the close-up scene is just unnerving at best and traumatizing at worst.

Fortunately, nobody critically lose the willcheck and develope PTSD, so that's a relief for now. You'll have nightmares about this for several days, though.

Gory dead bodies, especially human, is really not healthy to the mind that haven't been desensitised yet.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 01, 2015, 01:45:47 pm »

Fuck I'm all for respecting the dead but let's not do that again. So what's next boss how do you want to tackle this, I'm pretty sure all the things left in there are waiting for us so we're going to have to go in and get them to come out. Want to go in and if we encounter a big one we run out and let the .50 cals take care of it???

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 01, 2015, 01:47:23 pm »

"We send the expendable drone in to scout."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 02, 2015, 08:46:35 pm »

Sending the remaining drone in to scout sounds like a wonderfully smart idea, one which doesn't seems to get any complaints from.

The Techies unloads the other drone and let it walk towards the building. If no new instruction is given, it'll just walk right inside the hole with spotlights on to see what's up.

The Docs seems to have finished taking care of Maximus and is just letting him rest in the support vehicle for now, so they're out to help collect samples and assess the situations too. "You know, I never thought that going to med school would one day lead me to here. In another world or dimension or whatever, shooting at.. whatever these things are." Doctor Hu said.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 02, 2015, 11:07:51 pm »

The Docs seems to have finished taking care of Maximus and is just letting him rest in the support vehicle for now, so they're out to help collect samples and assess the situations too. "You know, I never thought that going to med school would one day lead me to here. In another world or dimension or whatever, shooting at.. whatever these things are." Doctor Hu said.
I get what you're saying doc, in a normal world i'd be running my families cattle ranch. But fate and circumstance can force us to do things we'd never thought we'd do, but such is life gotta roll with the punches. But anyways hopefully our unlucky friends cleared out a fair number of the sob's too and we won't have to contend with too many more.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 612