Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390944 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (?/6) Changing the Game Industry with HL3
« Reply #930 on: December 03, 2015, 12:58:09 am »

"You most likely won't be injured. You are after all a medic. Simply avoid the angry flesh eating monsters. Also someone see if those vehicles the group came in are salvageable, lootable, or have any parts of remote value we can strip and sell or repurpose. Also grab every weapon, toolkit, explosive, and belt of ammo that these cadavers have. Gear is gear. Even if slightly sticky."

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 03, 2015, 02:37:25 am »

That's a great idea lets get started, and we can always sanitize the shit later.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 03, 2015, 03:41:00 am »

The Techies went over to look at the truck's wreck to see if there's anything salvagable while the rest of the team gather loose equipment. A lot of the good stuff were blown and shot to shit, but some assault rifles survived. High-caliber, spray-and-pray assault rifles designed to spit big size lead as fastest as humanely possible.
3 of them that still remotely look like it's workable, to be exact.

And then there's 4 grenades of dubious quality that you've managed to pick up. Otherwise everything else seems to be trashed or so incredibly bad in quality that you probably don't want to use it.

The Techies think the Truck's fuel tank is still in one piece, so they can drain the diesel to be used. And if there's space after the mission's over, they could sell the scrap metal too.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 03, 2015, 11:49:29 am »

"Well, that was fun. I think once the drone comes back, it'll be a good idea to go inside."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 04, 2015, 01:33:44 am »

Let's load up everything we can and get back into the vehicles. Once that's done, drone is to go scout.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 04, 2015, 01:25:31 pm »

Everyone spent some time loading things up, thanks to the Spacious vehicles, you've found little problem in fitting samples after samples inside. Too bad there won't be enough space to salvage the truck, though. But they could probably whip together a wagon made out of the scrap itself to attach to your vehicles if given enough time.

Once everything is in order, the Drone sets off to go scout as ordered. Trudging through the rubbles of the defenses and began entering the main building, Scanner in full power.

Inside were the tell-tales of battle, it remained in the style of an old 19th century house. It's wooden walls ruined by bullets and brute force, many furnitures are wrecked beyond recognition, but the structure integrity still seems to be at an accepable level.

There were a few dead spiker bodies found inside, riddled with high calibre rifle bullets. The drone give their heads a stomp just to be on the safe side of things.

So far so good, looks like the Russians cleared out the first floor. Probably the rest of the upper floor too. Although the basement hatch that looks like it and the stones around it bursted out from the ground suggests that it is where Subdenizen 001 came out of and slaughtered the poor ruskies.

If there's an Artifact here, it's probably down there. Scan's not seeing anything immediately dangerous yet neither. No radiation, toxics, extreme heat or cold..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 04, 2015, 01:31:35 pm »

Finish sweeping the upper floors and ground floor. Have the drone scan down the hole.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 04, 2015, 01:44:18 pm »

The drone does as commanded, sweeping the ransacked, bullet-ridden ground floor and upper floor. It doesn't seems like subtility is  a thing for the other agents.

You found a skeleton in dusty old-fashioned cloth sprayed across a table in the Master's studies, though. Must've been the previous owner or something, what with his granduer of a cloth and all that. But otherwise you're not finding anything of note that haven't been wrecked, ransacked or taken.

The drone goes back to the hole and scans into it with several things, Themal, X-Ray, Motion, hell, it'd Sonar the hole if it could.

The feedback is promising, the basement doesn't seems all that big. And the stairs are in good shape. The guesstimate size of the basement is just about a football field underground. Motion doesn't detect anything but Thermal says there's something generating heat down there. Too much to be human, too little to be a vehicle or machine.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 04, 2015, 02:23:43 pm »

Can it pinpoint down to about 10 meters where the heat is?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 04, 2015, 05:31:19 pm »

It can. and it looks like the heat source is in the general area that could be considered the 'middle' of the basement.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 04, 2015, 05:34:45 pm »

Can it get any shape from it?

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 04, 2015, 05:48:25 pm »

How do you want to pull this thing out of its hidey hole? Sacrifice the drone and have it pull out to us, because i'm pretty sure we don't want to get down there with it. The only problem with that is, is that the drone might accidentally damage the artifact and i don't think it can fit down the stairs. We could also could send in one person to pull it out to us, the drone can slow it down as it chases that person enough to get to safety of our firing lines. Then we let rip as it were what do you guys think??
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 04, 2015, 06:00:54 pm »

"I want to confirm it's the target."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 04, 2015, 07:01:48 pm »

Thermals shaped it as a sphere. Kind of like a lukewarm micro sun, held in mid-air.
It's either the Artifact or the Keep's Denizen.

"Interesting Thought," Doctor Hu brought up as everyone look through the monitor. "Perhaps the Strength and Danger of Denizens and Sub-Denizens are in correspondence to the stength and size of the castles itself?"

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 04, 2015, 08:09:02 pm »

"Looks safe enough"

Arthur grabs a tow cable and climbs down the stairs to look at the artifact.

"It looks like... uh..."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 612