Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390853 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (5/6) Killed the unkillable.
« Reply #735 on: October 10, 2015, 03:10:04 pm »

"Can't you tell? It's practically a 21st century suburban mansion surrounded by walls. Which is weird since we're used to castles that look like... well castles."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 10, 2015, 03:12:21 pm »

"It matters very little to us what you choose to call yourself, the Company only wishes to see.. results." The Man on the Screen said with the slightest hint of a nod.

"We have understood to.. leave the larger Castles for a later date. I believe your team will be able to handle something of this size. We believe it may be.. different, than the others."
Understood sir, names can be an important part of morale though.
But you have recon on the next castle already excellent, and that makes sense larger castles would have more bogies to deal with.
But what is so different about this castle they're all pretty different already??
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 10, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »

"Simple. All and every other castles we've seen and sent operatives to have designs that resembles Castles in our world ranging from the Dark ages to the late Medieval era. However, a Star-shaped castle were invented in the early seventeenth century. And this one is the only one that we've found so far that have.. such a design." The man clarifies before adjusting his tie slightly. "They are reasons for us to believe that it's different for a reason."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 10, 2015, 03:48:38 pm »

"Simple. All and every other castles we've seen and sent operatives to have designs that resembles Castles in our world ranging from the Dark ages to the late Medieval era. However, a Star-shaped castle were invented in the early seventeenth century. And this one is the only one that we've found so far that have.. such a design." The man clarifies before adjusting his tie slightly. "They are reasons for us to believe that it's different for a reason."
Wait.......Every Castle's inhabitants have matched the time period it represents correct? What if this is the same case here...what if they have guns matching the period??
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:52:08 pm by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 11, 2015, 01:31:40 pm »

"That certainly is.. a possibility." The man said with his hands clasped in front of him.

"If that is the case, I believe you know that we would want.. samples."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 11, 2015, 01:32:17 pm »

"I intend to sample everything I possibly can."

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 11, 2015, 08:51:38 pm »

Of course sir, i'm quite interested in samples myself. Any sign of Plant life by chance, it would be an incredible find and I wound be interested in trying to grow them here in the real world.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 13, 2015, 02:21:15 pm »

The man on the screen nodded as he places a finger on a button near his hand. "This concludes the meeting. Be ready for the next deployment next month, do not worry about squad assignments. We will handle it. What else you want to do will be up to your discretion. Good luck, Operatives." And with that, the screen goes off and you're greeted by the darkness once more.

Some time later, you all would be let out, ushered into an elevator and then urged back to your Squad's shared room. You realize that there's a few additions to your room such as personal lockers both on the wall and footlockers!

From now on, you have a month before next deployment. You can spend the time however you want week-by-week, results and outcomes will be given per week after everyone's decided what to do for the week.

It is now 4 weeks until next deployment.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 13, 2015, 03:40:21 pm »

Check the lockers~!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 13, 2015, 04:04:44 pm »

The lockers seems to have your personal equipment! Although Tal's Staff is a bit too long to fit so it rests against his bed comfortably.

It's kind of strange, since you've never really seen anyone besides Security allowed to actually have firearms within the corporate building. But there it is, your guns and it's ammo. And Flak Jackets and Grenades too!

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 13, 2015, 08:31:49 pm »

Man it's been awhile since I've had any privacy since working here, well lets get to work Gentlemen.

For the next couple weeks Zander will spend his time practicing CQC with anyone who wants to, and just trying to work with his new teammates to help integrate him into the team and build comradery. The rest of his time will be used for herbolgy purposes, his aim to create natural enhancers for the team to take before the mission to increase combat/mission performance. Also any remedies to help with injuries but the priority being enhancers, he will divide his time equally between the two activities. He intends to work as hard as he can so he can go back home to his family.

(Ps if the team him could lend him 4.5* for his smg that would be great he only has 2 thanks)

*EDIT
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:43:42 am by Romans »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 13, 2015, 08:35:31 pm »

((Aren't there free SMGs?))
((Also haven't figured out what newbie addon people we are getting so have yet to allocate funds.))

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 13, 2015, 09:12:26 pm »

((Aren't there free SMGs?))
((Also haven't figured out what newbie addon people we are getting so have yet to allocate funds.))
(Yes, sorry should've been clearer I meant Mags and ok that makes sense)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 13, 2015, 11:14:26 pm »

[The Newbie addon people you'll be getting will be in the form of a fireteam, so they'll manage their own fundings and equipment, so every bit of money you have you can spend on yourselves and not worry. :D Plus you have over a hundred *, it might worth investing into something other than the free SMG. :P Not that it's not good, of course, the Free SMG is great. You can even buy Grenades for it'a underslung launcher, I think. But it's more of a general arms kind of thing and not specialized for one task or another.]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:16:31 pm by vkiNm »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 16, 2015, 02:25:09 pm »

The first week goes by uneventfully,

The majority of the squad spends the week relaxing, enjoying their new found privacy and a slight increase in food quantity and quality. It really helps taking the edge off after missions.

Zander spent the week getting to know and getting used to the squad, and Maximus was more than willing to practice CQC with him. The man-bear proving to be a good challenge, and the two men finds themselves often tangled, hot and sweaty.

And while his chances to do herbology is limited, he did manage to grow a marijuana plant in the squad room's plant pot.

Tal's week is reasonably more eventful than the others, having attached himself to the research of specimens brought back. Tests were done on the Knight's armor to determine it's strength, and was concluded that it's about as effective as a lightly armored transport car, impervious to small arms fire but an Anti-Tank Gauss round just destroys it.

Denizen 01 have also been dissected and researched on, it's scales and claws were put to the test, and some interesting discoveries were made about the difference between it and a rusher as to why the Denizen 01 does not start to rot right away.

While unable to turn the bio-materiel gained from dissecting it into a cape in a timely fashion, the Engineering team were able to shape a few scales into the shape of Trauma plates that could easily replace your own. In the week they made enough scale-plates for 3 ballistic vests. They also manage to cut half of a claw using a mixture of Thermites and plasma cutter and shape it into a vague sword-shape and put a handle on it as requested. Tests shows good promises and the thing still retain the sharpness of the claw still.

The head, after being turned into a skull and thoroughly cleaned, were given to the squad to hang in their room with a plate and everything!

Still no words from who Keith may have been working for yet, though. And the Artifact is still a mystery.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 612