Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

Author Topic: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)  (Read 44302 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)
« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2015, 07:45:38 pm »

Hey cap, anything else you need me to doo?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 08, 2015, 07:53:02 pm »

Dr Muslim Macdougall-Patel

Moving closer, Muslim could see the man's increasingly bloody torso.
"Easy now," the tall doctor says as he examines Kiae's wound, "Do know how this happened?"
Max avatar size is 80x80

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 08, 2015, 08:09:33 pm »

"Most likely an injury acquired while in stasis."

((Changed color again. Spider, let me know if this one is hard to read.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 08, 2015, 08:12:53 pm »

Emma takes the pistol from Catherine, putting the holster on her hip, and nods. "The ammo would be useful, yes." She then notices Dan, and turns to speak to him. "We'll wait for more backup, and then head in."

Emma jumps on the radio after talking to Dan. "I need more men here if we're going to sweep the cargo bay. We can't move safely with only two."

"Also, Helga. Can you narrow down where the life form is inside the cargo bay? Thank you."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 08, 2015, 08:13:57 pm »

"Right then." Catherine says, handing Emma the ammunition.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 08, 2015, 08:14:56 pm »

You need me in the cargo bay? ((This is mac))
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 08, 2015, 08:15:00 pm »

"Yes, ma' am!"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 08, 2015, 08:16:22 pm »

"No, Mac. Stay in the depressurized area until our situation isn't as critical."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 08, 2015, 08:19:06 pm »

"Uh, I'd advise you guys to star put until we've got everything fixed, we kinda need all the air we have right now. Once it's fixed you should probably investigate it, but it can't go anywhere for the time being."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 08, 2015, 08:19:43 pm »

"The cargo bay is pressurized, we won't lose any oxygen investigating it."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 08, 2015, 08:26:35 pm »

"Oh, apologies. I must be working with a faulty map here."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:45:45 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 08, 2015, 08:30:06 pm »

Dr Muslim Macdougall-Patel

The doctor sighs.
“It’s like the damn cryos are trying to kill us.” He mumbles to himself.
Muslim rushes over to the wall to pick up his first aid kit and then back to the injured man. Muslim resumes examing the bleeding puncture wound and planning a course of medical action.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:39:44 pm by StrawBarrel »
Max avatar size is 80x80

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2015, 12:29:05 am »

Ashton finishes getting dressed, gets up, gets her kit, and finds the captain.

"We need the materials from the cargo bay if we wanna get the airlocks working properly, is my guess. We need those working properly before we can do jack shit with the rest of the ship. If they can get the materials and some tools from engineering -I should be able to describe 'em, specially if the feed cameras on their suits are working properly- we should be on our way to living through tomorrow.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 09, 2015, 03:33:36 am »

A bit further examining.

Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)

1. Shared atmosphere, but able to close off the vent.
2. Yes. As usual, go crazy with creativity but within reason.
3. No. Asteroid took it off.  ;)
4. Not at all. You'll have to build your own, with captain's authorisation, if you wanted that.

"I'll be fine. Looks like it all short-circuited. Should be easy enough to replace, and the extraction trays in here burnt out. A relatively easy fix though, I grabbed the materials before I ran in here. After that's fixed, I can sort out the door."

Get to work on repairing the life support system, grabbing the replacement trays out of the storage area.

You get to work on repairing the life support system. You pull out a ladder and stick your head in a ceiling panel, ducking out, moving the ladders and checking the next panel - trying to find the section that has short circuited. Eventually you find it and work all elbows in the tight space to get the part replaced. Once done you head to the terminal and try some switches and valves, finetuning it to a fresh restart. A couple of times it powers up and then dies down again. Eventually you give the dusty old machine a good kick, which sets it into a refreshing rhythmic humming.

With the power now working you set it to Maintenance Mode and open the access hatch. Flicking the safety clips off on the sides of each panel - about 1x4 meters a piece and 20cm thick, you pull it out by the handle. It's all lightweight metal frame and metal-plastic filtering, and on pulling each one out, black dust mushrooms into the room - centuries of dust and decay. Strangely, you note, that this level of decay isn't expected in a thousand years.
Nethertheless you continue with your labours and replace every tray with brand new ones that have been kept in air-filled wrappings and microfibre protection film. Once all replaced you resecure the trays, close the hatch and without wiping await a drop of sweat that dares dribble into your eye, you exit maintenance mode and pull the ON lever upwards - slowly, as if hand-powering an autobattery.

Nothing. You pull the lever back down and push it back up again - the humming gentle rises, and noise filters through the vents. Life Support is back online.

On making a quick diagnostic, you confirm that life support is only scrubbing the atmosphere in the unbreached areas. However, you realise, this could severely reduce the lifespan of any existing cells, considering their age of active use.

Spoiler: Questions: (click to show/hide)

A pod hisses open and someone falls out. "Ow" Kiae stumbles to his feet, using the wall as support. Checking for injuries he notices a rather painful wound in his side. Applying pressure to it, he attempts to get his bearings. Something is definitely wrong. Cryo should not cause injuries. ((Unsure of what specifically in in the podarea, so this is more of a "What do I see?" thing))

Spoiler: Answers (click to show/hide)

The Pod Area is dimly lit by the face-lights within the pod windows, as there is no other lighting. The room is otherwise, feature-wise, barren, beside smears of blood from survivor's wounds and those survivors who are still mulling around, waiting.

Good question. Helga, why weren't we woken up earlier?

HELGA: Reason Unknown. Faulty memory record.

Dan cocks his head, and manages to find, in his belongings, a medium length combat knife, a helmet, and a belt pouch.

He grabs a few packs of rations and water, and heads over to Emma, recalling quickly the route. He arrives in a few minutes, and stands at attention.

Continuity Error: Personal Belongings for soldiers are found in the Barracks.

"Also, Helga. Can you narrow down where the life form is inside the cargo bay? Thank you."[/color][/b]

HELGA: I will keep you updated on the distance between Executive Officer Campbell and the Unauthorised Life Signature.

Muslim resumes examining the bleeding puncture wound and planning a course of medical action.

For all your medical expertise, you're not entirely certain what may have caused this. At best, you'd have to guess that a chunk of glass, or likewise, must have been shot through him. There is no exit wound. As such, tool and rag in hand, you lie the man down as close to the light as possible, roll him over, apply anesthetic, then extract the red-painted chunk. You were right, it was glass. Blood has flushed from disturbed half-healed skin and the man is nearly shaking from the pain. You clean the wound, apply anesthetic and hold the rag in place till the bleeding slows, then applying a bandage. You'll have to keep an eye on this one.

Ashton finishes getting dressed, gets up, gets her kit, and finds the captain.

"We need the materials from the cargo bay if we wanna get the airlocks working properly, is my guess. We need those working properly before we can do jack shit with the rest of the ship. If they can get the materials and some tools from engineering -I should be able to describe 'em, specially if the feed cameras on their suits are working properly- we should be on our way to living through tomorrow.

Continuity Error: All nine materials found on board, as reported by HELGA, are found solely in Engineering.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 09, 2015, 03:36:06 am »

Important: OP has been updated with an updated spreadsheet. Please make sure you refer to this before continuing to roleplay.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44