Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)  (Read 44301 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)
« Reply #300 on: August 09, 2015, 11:11:00 am »

(What are red boxes with lines through them? Are those fires?)

(Oh right, you can't hover. They're the systems (Comms, engines, sensors, etc. Red is offline, Green is online. Green is using power, red is not).)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 09, 2015, 11:13:51 am »

"Alright, life support is fixed, but given the current state of our power supply I'll need to fix up the power generators if we want to keep it on."

Move to start fixing engineering's malfunctioning door.

Hauling a box of materials on your shoulder and your toolbox in your hand, you head over to the mechanical door which is open by a crack. After a quick diagnostic, you realise you're going to need to pull out wall panels to work on this job, and it could take a while. Alternatively you could jack the door so that it stays open. It won't be repaired, but at least you can get in and out. (This action won't use any materials).

((I previously forgot to mention - fixing the Life Support Unit consumed a box of materials)).
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #302 on: August 09, 2015, 11:14:32 am »

Engineer Schult, I don't mean to second guess you because this is your department, but can you repair the engine before the door? According to these charts we are now burning through power and we need that engine generator up and running to keep these lights on.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 09, 2015, 11:15:53 am »

Engineer Schult, I don't mean to second guess you because this is your department, but can you repair the engine before the door? According to these charts we are now burning through power and we need that engine generator up and running to keep these lights on.

Continuity Error: The lights are not on, they are switched off to conserve power - the ship is experiencing a near-blackout due to this. ((Just to confirm, as to not mislead any other players)).
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 09, 2015, 11:17:35 am »

Continuity Error: The lights are not on, they are switched off to conserve power - the ship is experiencing a near-blackout due to this. ((Just to confirm, as to not mislead any other players)).

(Sorry, it was a figure of speech  :P)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 09, 2015, 11:18:15 am »

"Well captain, it's your lucky day. I can conjure up a solution for the door right now that'll save the parts for the engine."

Jack open engineering's door. It's not vital that it's able to close for the time being.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 09, 2015, 11:20:21 am »

Captian: Thats what I like to hear! Keep up the good work, we're in you hands now.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 09, 2015, 11:25:53 am »

Jack open engineering's door. It's not vital that it's able to close for the time being.

You pull out a clasping item and place it in the door jam - then another, and another, followed by a handheld device. You search for the door code which is etched (and covered in dust) alongside the door rather discretely. You input this into the terminal and hit the appropriate key.

The device tells the door to "Prepare to open", so to speak, then the Jacks force the doors apart. This doesn't always work if the doors are badly damaged or completely gone - to which, at your dismay, you find is the case here. The doors begin to slowly open as expected then faulter - followed by a rude Error Beep on the device. The door is open wind enough to fit through, just not entirely. A little coercing could possibly finish the job.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2015, 11:29:54 am »

Conrad keeps pushing the door open, using his legs and lower body in preference given his arm's weakness at the moment.

((By not entirely, does it mean I can exit through it, I'd just need to throw the stuff through first?))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2015, 11:30:07 am »

"Losing chunks of air is not 'within acceptable parameters, Helga. Recoverable as in, we have the materials and the capability currently on board to get them sealed, filled with air, and connected to the power grid."

HELGA: System Report;
9 units of material are available, located in the Cargo Bay. ((One unit to repair a wall/floor/computer/room's electrical system/room's lighting/etc. I'll edit the OP soon to reflect this in more info.))

((Emphasis mine))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2015, 11:38:56 am »

Conrad keeps pushing the door open, using his legs and lower body in preference given his arm's weakness at the moment.

((By not entirely, does it mean I can exit through it, I'd just need to throw the stuff through first?))

You give the doors a good kick, push and pull, whilst also stressing the Jacks further. The doors suddenly fall free like a greased cabinet runner and you stumble to the floor on your bad elbow, sending shocks of pain up your arm.

((Emphasis mine))

((Balls, sorry Geek. I thought I had said Engineering!))
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2015, 11:40:48 am »

"After a few moments, Conrad picks himself up and heads off to the engine room.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 09, 2015, 11:48:24 am »

"After a few moments, Conrad picks himself up and heads off to the engine room.

((I'm presuming you were the character with the second spacesuit, as I hadn't noted it)).

You arrive at the precipice of the Engine Room, the doors. Palm Panel pressed they effortless unlock and open wide - the scene is terrible and amazing. the walls and ceiling are blasted to pieces, with framework awry in bent bars and threadbare panels. You realise you must be careful because a trip or wrong step could send you flailing into the wide space, through the seemingly wider gaping holes. Beyond is what one might expect to be the Great Black, but instead is a rainbow of blue, purple and magenta nebulae, pin-pricked with black shapes of all sizes which you, in your momentary lapse of realisation, now know are hundreds of thousands of asteroids.

Luckily however, the core is, by an act of incredible chance or of god, or both, seemingly undamaged in the centre of the room.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 09, 2015, 11:52:23 am »

((I thought it was engineering too))

Helga do you have any information on on the outside? Navigation data? Location Data? Nearby planets? Impending asteroid collision courses? Anything Helga, tell me anything you know.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 09, 2015, 11:54:50 am »

((I'll assume so as well. Do the suits have magentized soles on them?))
"Captain, I'm going to save you the trouble of having a heart attack given how the main engine core is still here. Either way, looks like there's been a number done on the area. I'm going to grab a rope from storage if necessary so I don't go flying off."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44