Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

Author Topic: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)  (Read 44218 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2015, 12:27:23 pm »

Emma tries to snap the hangar, before hammering it against a nearby wall, trying to make an improvised weapon. She also keys up her radio again, speaking to the soldier who's running around, letting out all the oxygen.

"Actually, soldier. Stay in the areas without air until I give you other orders. We can't let any more oxygen escape, clear?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2015, 12:36:45 pm »

Tony, who had been in a bit of a stupor waiting for the time when something he could actually do something related to navigation, stood up after sitting in the corner of the pod room and noticed that he wasn't even wearing any proper pants and started walking towards the crew quarters. He could wait for the engineers to get stuff working, but they wouldn't put his pants on for him.

He went up to his locker. Pondered for the moment, and was then buried in the contents of his locker. Apparently disasters don't leave tidy lockers.

Tony put on some pants and a brown t-shirt and stuffed his pockets with whatever crap he could find, including a screwdriver, a pocketknife, a mechanical clock and a half-empty pack of gum.

He then proceeded to the bridge and tried to get the blast doors shield to open. He wasn't a mechanic, but he was a goddamn navigator, and that involves at least passing knowledge of all the stuff on the bridge.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:52:04 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2015, 12:39:08 pm »

Catherine notices her fellow Navigator going to the bridge and attempting to open the blast doors. "Couldn't we just ask Helga to do that?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2015, 12:41:35 pm »

Tony stopped for a moment. "I dunno."

"Hey Helga, what systems do you have control over?"

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2015, 12:48:50 pm »

Muslim tries to pop Conrad's shoulder back into the socket.

With a foot as leverage in the armpit, Muslim slowly, and painfully, eases the arm back into the socket with a fucking disgusting "Clocking Pop" noise.

Map Update

(We can already get to the bridge)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2015, 12:50:51 pm »

(We can already get to the bridge)

((Blast shield, not door. Talking about the windows here. Trying to determine our location, and whether we are gonna collide with an asteroid or somesuch disaster nonsense.))

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2015, 12:52:18 pm »

Emma tries to snap the hangar, before hammering it against a nearby wall, trying to make an improvised weapon.

Quite simply, you succeed. You now have a light pike-like weapon, in length, from the floor to your elbow.

Tony stopped for a moment. "I dunno."

"Hey Helga, what systems do you have control over?"

HELGA: I have control of all systems that are operational.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:53:59 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2015, 12:52:26 pm »

Military captain and Navigator Catherine. I need you two to go and check the unidentified life source in the cargo bay. Consider that more than a request. Someone has to go and you have a gun and training enough between you to check it out.

((Blast shield, not door. Talking about the windows here. Trying to determine our location, and whether we are gonna collide with an asteroid or somesuch disaster nonsense.))

(Ah, I see).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2015, 12:55:14 pm »

Captain, need me for anything?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2015, 12:56:36 pm »

"Roger that, Captain."
Find Military Captain, go to cargo bay and find unidentified life source.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2015, 12:57:21 pm »

No soldier. Stay on hold now that you've already gone out there. There's no point in you coming back and wasting more O2.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2015, 12:58:22 pm »

Alright cap I'll stay put
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2015, 12:58:40 pm »

"Understood, Captain."

Move to the hallway outside the Cargo Bay, and wait for the Navigator to arrive. Once she shows up, head inside the Cargo Bay and look for the life source.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2015, 01:14:58 pm »

Catherine Goodman and and Emma Campbell, the former sporting a 12mm Pistol and the latter a makeshift pike, sheepishly enter the darkened Cargo Bay. Lighting Rod switched on it lets out an eerie glow, revealing high stacks of secured shelving and higher stacks of storage containers accessible on the sides - all covered in dust. Even breathing shifts the top layers loosely into a scramble.
Their careful footsteps, as light as intended, make soft clapping noises, thrown back at them from the gloom. On turning a corner, something shifts, a dark shape in the glow of the light - Catherine instinctively squeezes her trigger, firing off a round. The shape drops and turns as the bullet, even if the target had not moved, goes wide.
Preparing to impale the unknown, Campbell pauses as she recognises the stranger. "Chambers?"
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2015, 01:18:08 pm »

HELGA: I have control of all systems that are operational.

"Real useful answer right there. If I had a wrench, I would smack you with it."

Tony had been dealing with ship AI's for most of his career, but they always managed to annoy him in some way. Either they were too literal, or too weird. He once flew a ship that had had all information about poetry fed into it. It spoke entirely in rhyme.

"Are the blast covers on the front viewport operational?"

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44