Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: The Far West-Ch.1/Light for Some-others, A Deeper Darkness (Game thread)  (Read 21858 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West-Ch.1/A handful of Straw (Game thread)
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2015, 04:41:51 pm »

"Mr Jun, I do hope if your companions do succeed in their attempt, they will be civil."

She carefully retrieved her parasol, and laid it flat, so a stray bullet wouldn't put a hole in it. It was quite tough... but she wasn't going to bet it was that tough. Flesh fixed itself; her parasol, however, was beyond anything she could do.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2015, 01:28:59 pm »

Jun raises his head a moment.

"Well, Ma'am, I personally would never harm a woman on account of my civil upbringing, but some of my friends can be quite, ah, enthusiastic in their dealings with others. All the more reason to let me go, so we can avoid that unpleasantness. Or, best yet, just don't stop me. You're not aiding a criminal sort like myself, and you're not putting yourself at risk. I think we can all agree that works...well, can't say it's been pleasant..."

Jun smiles wryly, and begins edging into the hallway and sliding his way to belated freedom.

Villain Action: Jun Jones begins crawling to the rear of the carriage
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2015, 01:42:17 pm »

Villain Action: Jun Jones begins crawling to the rear of the carriage

Immanuel scratches the back of his neck intently and rhythmically, reaching for an itch far too deep for his cracked, splintered fingernails to reach.

"It is interesting indeed that your men find you so valuable," he says. "And that even the oddest of us should find ourselves so lucky to potentially avoid a sensible doom."

Action: Immanuel Jade sits down upon Jun, his arms starting to make sweeping motions and his eyes taking on their own peculiar light as he stokes the fire within.

Thoughts: what season is it? How hot is the weather? Has it rained recently?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:44:48 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2015, 01:53:56 pm »

"What...is going on here?"

Hiraya looked at Jun and surmised this was some sort of grandiose mistake in the happening.

"I'm unsure if that's a criminal you're sitting on--but if we actually have a fugitive here, it is best to deal with him fairly and equally, or cut anyone down; both extremes instead of playing the middle-man."

She glanced to the side- oh look at that nice rock!- and then glanced back. Snap decision made, she either had to go on with whatever the other folk were doing, or do something else entirely.

"Any plan?" she said towards Wen-Li, who looked quite in-coordination with everything.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2015, 01:57:35 pm »

Sal notices a woman walk out of one of the rooms, the last person on board the train, and staggers to his feet, still aiming his revolver at the door.

"Bounty hunter captured our friend Jun here, it seems, and his friends are trying to break him out."

As an afterthought, Sal takes off his hat as the woman enters, holding it by the brim in his left hand while aiming with his right.

Action: Aim at the door, and listen. Does it sound like they're trying to get through the carriage door?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2015, 02:47:16 pm »

Hiraya nodded, taking a few arrows into her bow-hand, lifting said hand and nocking an arrow. It was a common practice that speed-of-draw was important if one would ever find themselves shooting in close quarters.

"So what are we going to do about them?"

Follow up overwatch on the area; listen for opinions first though.

Think: Most possible and accessible areas of entry.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2015, 02:55:12 pm »

Action: Immanuel Jade sits down upon Jun, his arms starting to make sweeping motions and his eyes taking on their own peculiar light as he stokes the fire within.

Thoughts: what season is it? How hot is the weather? Has it rained recently?

Immanuelsits on the unlucky bandit, who begins struggling unsuccessfully.

"Ah, come on, what'd I ever do to you to deserve this..." He complains.

Immanuel ponders. He's sure it's Summer. Or Early Autumn. Or maybe late Spring. Time is strange, ever since he was touched by the fury. Time didn't really seem to matter anymore once he had seen the things he saw. All he knows is that it is a dry time, little rain-though the occasional showers are sudden, and heavy-quite hot, and of course, it's not snowing.

Action: Aim at the door, and listen. Does it sound like they're trying to get through the carriage door?

Sal hears no attempts to break through. He assumes they will attempt to enter through the open hatch on the top-it'd probably be a lot easier to force open.

Follow up overwatch on the area; listen for opinions first though.

Think: Most possible and accessible areas of entry.

Hiraya notes, aside from small, barred windows in each 'cabin', there are only two ways in or out of the carriage-through a heavy steel door in the rear of the carriage-and a lighter hatch door in the ceiling, accessed by a short ladder at the opposite end. The hatch above is currently open wide to the sky.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2015, 02:57:46 pm »

Sal nods at Hiraya, and glances around the carriage quickly, finding a hat rack and putting his hat up, before steadying his revolver and aiming at the hatch up top.

"We've got a hatch up top, ma'am. Our friend the bounty hunter opened it to get to the engine. Think they killed the driver."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2015, 03:08:41 pm »

Hiraya glanced at Jun, memory pacing at the speed of thought to connect the unsavory type being sat on by a gentleman, to a rescue-group rushing a carriage.

"So, Mr. Bounty. Why did you or your folk kill the driver? His life is just as much as yours or your colleagues. You seem to have been bargaining. Did you consider his life in the gamble?"

Quickly interrogate.

Think: Any vantage points of being attacked? Are the walls thick enough to stop bullets?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2015, 03:14:02 pm »

Hiraya glanced at Jun, memory pacing at the speed of thought to connect the unsavory type being sat on by a gentleman, to a rescue-group rushing a carriage.

"So, Mr. Bounty. Why did you or your folk kill the driver? His life is just as much as yours or your colleagues. You seem to have been bargaining. Did you consider his life in the gamble?"

Immanuel Jade, still sitting down, opens his eyes and crosses his arms.

"They killed him because it is expedient. True expedience is realized in the presence of death. It means choosing death when life is more inconvenient. There is no other reasoning."

He looks down at Jun.

"But in the name of expedience we can kill him and throw him out the back, so it cuts both ways, does it not?"
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:15:38 pm by Harry Baldman »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2015, 03:38:21 pm »

Jun seems to calculate his response.

"I'd imagine they shot him to stop the carriage, is all-though with barrage of fire, they can't have been actually aiming at anything, honestly. They just hit him with a wild shot. Being as to why they are here, it's not like I ordered them to do it-is it my fault I'm so popular? Heh.

Also, a cut throat is a lot faster than a rope, so if you're going down that route I can't say I'm completely against it. Though, I'd still like you all to consider letting me loose before my men, er, my friends get in here. That's apt to be ugly all around, guaranteed. Can't we all just call it even and let me off? That is quite a lot of men out there for you to fight off, and let's roll the odds, let me go and I'll probably get caught or killed sooner or later, another day. I mean, what's the point of dying over your moral scruples when you ain't even getting paid for it? Though I could pay you, if anybody would listen to me...did I actually find a carriage full of honest men and women? The only honest carriage-full of folks in the whole Far West?"
He says, seeming for the first time a bit harried.

Hiraya thinks they will be safe from bullets as long as they stay away from the windows. Vantage wise, the bandits will have to clamber onto the carriage and invade from either of the two entrances.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2015, 04:17:21 pm »

"There's a third option. You start an honest labor. Nobody still gets hurt. Everyone stays better off. Given the 'popularity' at your heels, you can create a trade company or a communication line for the people instead of taking from the people. If I had your resources, I'd be doing that. And yes--we're honest folk. We'd better like livin folks instead of carcasses. They don't last well under the sun. Neither does vice and avarice."

Retort!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2015, 09:03:43 pm »

"There's a third option. You start an honest labor. Nobody still gets hurt. Everyone stays better off. Given the 'popularity' at your heels, you can create a trade company or a communication line for the people instead of taking from the people. If I had your resources, I'd be doing that. And yes--we're honest folk. We'd better like livin folks instead of carcasses. They don't last well under the sun. Neither does vice and avarice."

Retort!

Immanuel Jade, for the first time in a while, seems genuinely dumbfounded at this retort, his mouth hanging slightly open. He steeples his hands, shivering a tad. A slightly reddish tear forms in the corner of one of his eyes as he considers the nature of this communique.

"I..." he starts to say at last, but then turns to look at Jun, a look of serenity in his eyes. "You... you heard that too, right? She did actually just say all that?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2015, 11:31:25 pm »

Hiraya drew a blank on the question of what she heard.

FakeEdit: And decided to keep silent because she -really- wanted to say something but cut off right at the last second. The fellow sitting on the presumed convict was a...very intriguing man.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2015, 12:07:08 am »

Quote from: Steam Carriage Controls
A Large metal bar with a green-rubber handle. Located directly in the center.
Four green-rubber valves sticking out of large pipes, located on either side.
A flat box on the upper right console, with two sideways grey handles. Both are turned to the four-o-clock position
On the upper left console, a black box with ten diamond shaped red buttons. They were labeled once, but the labels seem to have worn off.
There are thee large pedals at your feet, one green, one red, one blue.
A large black lever directly to your left, with horizontal oranges stripes on the handle

Victoria tries stepping on each pedal for about two seconds each in turn, to figure out if they do anything.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21