Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: The Far West-Ch.1/Light for Some-others, A Deeper Darkness (Game thread)  (Read 21801 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West-Ch.1/A handful of Straw (Game thread)
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 05:47:10 pm »

"Stranger, if you're planning on freeing him, then I'm more than willing to give the marshals a two for one deal on windchimes. Understand?"

>put in lines deliberately about an androgynous appearance
>Only Playergamer notes this, everyone else calls her 'she' immediately
>whybother.jpg :p
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:09:47 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 07:11:35 pm »

The song ended, the last note hanging in the air. With the sound of shuffling cloth, Wen-Li looked into the corridor.

Her mask was elegant, swirling silver, an expressionless matron gazing firmly and emotionlessly, but she remained quiet.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2015, 12:08:55 am »

After a moment, Vic went to the nearest window and looked out of it, taking care not to reveal too much of her head as she did so. Jun did like to boast, and mentioning 'paying attention' meant she probably ought to at least take a look out at the surroundings.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:23:41 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2015, 04:46:56 am »

"Stranger, if you're planning on freeing him, then I'm more than willing to give the marshals a two for one deal on windchimes. Understand?"

>put in lines deliberately about an androgynous appearance
>Only Playergamer notes this, everyone else calls her 'she' immediately
>whybother.jpg :p

"I do not plan on it," says the Jade, stepping out of Jun's doorframe and putting his back to the wall. "But I think it will happen anyway."

>I am blameless! Jun used that pronoun first, and I followed his lead (by accident, I'll admit). At least unless I missed something again.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2015, 11:32:12 am »

Jun begins tapping a steady beat on the floor of the carriage with his left boot.

*tap tap tap tap*

"True, true. No man should give up hope till his last breath..." he comments. Then, he launches into a seemingly unrelated story... "My father was a rake. He went from woman to woman. That's how I grew up. A new mother, every month, I suppose. Most of them were honest, hard working women, if you catch my meaning. Not to demean them, not at all-but, they did have certain reputations, my father tended to be attracted to. Still, they were usually kind to me, cast off son of none that I am. Maybe they saw something in me worth loving, something I've been looking for ever since. Might explain alot about how my life turned out. Heh.

Anyway, I'd say they taught me things. Useful things. How to pick a pocket. How to sew a wound. How to make a smoke last, really last. How to shave a bit of silver off your coin for the lean times. Lots of small things. I remember one, her name was June Carol Mingzhu...she was kind to everyone. A real classy lady. If you ever happen to find yourself in the town of Dregs, tell her Little Jun said hi. Jun and June! I can remember we used to laugh about that. It's a funny world. She taught me how to play the piano, and gave me an appreciation of music...and, time. She said 'Jun, time is our most important gift, don't waste it'. I took it to heart, maybe a bit too much.

And, she once showed me this thing, she called it a 'Metronome'-it helped her play, though she said she didn't really need it anymore.. Do you know what a 'Metronome' is, Warden?"
He asks, cocking an eyebrow.

*tap tap tap tap*
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:35:00 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2015, 11:43:27 am »

After a moment, Vic went to the nearest window and looked out of it, taking care not to reveal too much of her head as she did so. Jun did like to boast, and mentioning 'paying attention' meant she probably ought to at least take a look out at the surroundings.

(Also did that. ^)

"It's some sort of time keeping device, I'd imagine."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2015, 12:00:09 pm »

((Yeah, and that's why I need actions bold and listed as ACTION. :P I'm a dense GM, you know.))

Victoria is not terribly surprised to see, not too far in the distance, about two dozen horse riding men and probably some women-bandits being very progressive in these parts-moving to intercept the carriage at breakneck speed. They are kicking up a mighty cloud of dust, and Victoria thinks sarcastically those slim shapes in their hands are probably not seeing-eye glasses or lollipops...

Jun continues to bloviate.

"Yep, got in one warden. She said she didn't need it, because she had a clock in her head. She said, once you got that clock right inside of you, it kept ticking steady your whole life. She used that metronome thing to help me find the time myself. That's a little skill I still got, you see. I can usually time things near perfect. Don't need no watch. Could hardly afford one. No, it's inside me...tick, tock, tick, tock...well, I reckon it's very near to three o'clock in the afternoon...right...this...second. Ding-dong."

In one swift movement, Jun throws himself to the floor dramatically, huddling under the window. Nothing happens for a very long moment.

"Heh. Oops. Bear with me a moment. Tick..."

There is a series of dull metallic *pings* as things that are not small rocks strike the side of the vehicle. There is then promptly, another sound-a grunt of muffled pain-coming from the front, where the driver sits. Or perhaps, sat-since this sound is followed by something being run over beneath the carriage, like a sack of dirty laundry...

"Tock." Jun says, quietly.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:02:05 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2015, 12:17:16 pm »

"Oh my."

The musician waved a hand across her fast, and click! she was wearing a different mask. This one was red and black, painted into a expression of alarm.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2015, 12:34:50 pm »

"Gāi sǐ... If you don't want to get involved, get down!" Vic said as she moved to open the ceiling hatch.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2015, 12:40:07 pm »

Sal swiftly pulls his revolver out of it's holster, before dropping to the floor as bullets begin to hit the carriage. He flips on his back, and steadies his revolver, watching the door.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2015, 12:49:12 pm »

Jun comments from his position on the ground.

"Heh. Now, we're in a position to negotiate! Why don't you good folks just let me go? This is none of your business, after all. You're certainly not expecting the warden lady to share the bounty with the survivors, if there are any. My friends out there, they're just shooting up the place to scare you. Just undo my shackles-the lady has the keys-and, let me walk right out the back-the carriage should probably slow down soon. No one has to get hurt. Just let me go, and keep on riding."

"Gāi sǐ... If you don't want to get involved, get down!" Vic said as she moved to open the ceiling hatch.

Victoria mounts the ladder at the end of the hall, and cracks open the heavy metal hatch with a grunt of effort. She can see blue skies above, and smell the prairie wind...and, it seems the carriage really is slowing down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2015, 12:52:50 pm »

"Shit..."

Victoria climbs out onto the roof and crawls across the top to the driver's seat, where she'll attempt to regain control of the carriage and spur the horses on.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2015, 04:44:16 pm »

"There it is!" says Immanuel excitedly, standing in the hallway sufficiently far away from any windows. His face becomes a blank.

Action: standing in the hallway, Immanuel Jade considers the fury. The smallest of miracles at his disposal, ready to spill forth from his fingertips...

He looks at his fingers briefly.

Action, continued: is there ash on Immanuel Jade's fingernails? Do his phalanges begin to tingle as thoughts of flames go through his mind?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2015, 07:21:01 am »

((5 pages in. Argh! Sorry for lateness--fatigue from volunteer work and other things. :-X ...I'm still tired today despite it being Saturday >_< ))

Hiraya was napping--passing the stable calm of a train in traction with the rhythmic rolling on the tracks. A carefully disturbed nap judging by the commotion of voices nearby. She wished for only one thing at the moment: Peace and Quiet. In order to achieve such, she decided to head over and get straight down to the commotion at hand. Quietly.

She moved her privacy screen away and examined the situation.

Action: ...Err, examine the situation at the pace and speed of thought.

Think: First impressions?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2015, 01:24:50 pm »

"Shit..."

Victoria climbs out onto the roof and crawls across the top to the driver's seat, where she'll attempt to regain control of the carriage and spur the horses on.

Victoria does so, clambering up the ladder to the top of the rolling carriage, the wind whipping her long duster quite heroically, as she finds her feet. She staggers to the drivers cab, and nestles in.

Well, she knows how to spur or reign horses in, that's pretty obvious-but this vehicle also relies on steam technology. A bit complicated when one the horses is also a steam-horse. She takes a closer look at the controls.

Quote from: Steam Carriage Controls
A Large metal bar with a green-rubber handle. Located directly in the center.
Four green-rubber valves sticking out of large pipes, located on either side.
A flat box on the upper right console, with two sideways grey handles. Both are turned to the four-o-clock position
On the upper left console, a black box with ten diamond shaped red buttons. They were labeled once, but the labels seem to have worn off.
There are thee large pedals at your feet, one green, one red, one blue.
A large black lever directly to your left, with horizontal oranges stripes on the handle

Also, the horsemen seem to be getting closer...

"There it is!" says Immanuel excitedly, standing in the hallway sufficiently far away from any windows. His face becomes a blank.

Action: standing in the hallway, Immanuel Jade considers the fury. The smallest of miracles at his disposal, ready to spill forth from his fingertips...

He looks at his fingers briefly.

Action, continued: is there ash on Immanuel Jade's fingernails? Do his phalanges begin to tingle as thoughts of flames go through his mind?

Immanuel sees no ash on him, but that's because it's inside him. All he was before, was burned out to make room for the fury...he wonders if he still has a soul, or if that too was fuel for the fires.

[Spell List to be PM'ed]

Action: ...Err, examine the situation at the pace and speed of thought.

Think: First impressions?

Hiraya reckons the situation might turn pretty grim. There are about two dozen armed men and women on horses bearing down on the carriage she is riding-no doubt intent on freeing the prisoner man (who is asking politely to be let go), that the Bounty Hunter brought on board. She's not sure if they will be satisfied by that, though.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21