Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is enough to kill a character in my game?

An entire magazine of AR bullets emptied into your chest.
The above, but with a shotgun blast to the back of the head
The above, but also with a bullet to the face.
Neither.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll to Assassinate -- The Infiltration 4/6  (Read 17107 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Keep watching.
[85]You set your rifle up on a different rooftop than James, and you also prepare to cover your assosciates' entrance.
Rocket launcher. I have a rocket launcher. I don't have a rifle.
Recoilless rifle.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Recoilless rifle.
Ah.

"Hey guys, any eyes on king?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We're obviously going through the entrance conein's character discovered. I'll try to stealth up to the guards and kill them with my kukri and throwing knives. If they notice me I'll just shoot them all. If I notice any cameras, I'll shoot those too.
I will just shoot them. We have some sick 50 skillzz anyways. I will also try and hide the bodies.
Silencers aren't actually that silent.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Maybe I I could go and start a riot? That should draw the guards to contain the riot, letting us sneak into the palace to take out the king!"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If you think that's going to help, do it."

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Okay, although we may have to wait a day or two for me to find a spot of the city that is unhappy enough to riot, does anyone want to help by burning things, then planting evidence that points to the kings men doing it?"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"... I thought you'd be quicker with that. I mean, we're already going out to kill the guy."

"Hey guys, any eyes on king?"
((I'm assuming we have some way to contact the people on the rooftops here))

"We aren't inside the palace yet, so not really. I think he might be somewhere on the 3rd floor though."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scan the third floor from where I am.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, they let people in, but we will need at LEAST twenty people if we want to get in as a tour group, and I will have to smuggle my pistol past their detection."

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah, no way we are going to wait two days, considering we have only two days left for the mission. And i dont really like the idea of getting twenty people because... where are we going to find them?"

We're obviously going through the entrance conein's character discovered. I'll try to stealth up to the guards and kill them with my kukri and throwing knives. If they notice me I'll just shoot them all. If I notice any cameras, I'll shoot those too.
I will just shoot them. We have some sick 50 skillzz anyways. I will also try and hide the bodies.
Yes, but i guess they will be enough if the guards are far away from each other.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 05:22:12 am by conein »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, but i guess they will be enough if the guards are far away from each other.
I guess it'd be best to just ask SaberTooth. Are the silencers Hollywood type silencers or are they mostly realistic?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Can I please snag a spot on the waitlist?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well getting twenty people is easy, we just need to find some tourists, in addition many of the normal people would probably like to see the inside of the palace. 
It's the riot inciting that will be hard to do on a time limit."

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

I guess it'd be best to just ask SaberTooth. Are the silencers Hollywood type silencers or are they mostly realistic?
Silencers do not completely make a gun quiet, but it removes one of the three noise causes: gunpowder explosion noise, the bullet breaking the sound barrier, and the mechanical action of the gun. Considering that the palace is near some roads it might be feasible, but on the other hand, the palace itself is quiet and the guards are close enough to each other that it might be hard.
So, it all depends on roll, and 'cause conein has 50 in pistols, he is pretty much capable of taking them down without much risk, if they weren't alarmed.

((Can I please snag a spot on the waitlist?))
Sure. Make a sheet whenever you have an opportunity.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:41:43 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

WARNING: Pretty sick death scenes described below, read at your own discretion. Also, is this style of kill description acceptable?

The entire group except James (PlayerGamer) and Jack (Andres) sneaks through the streets on foot.
Hawk132: Stealth 50 [48] - Part A.
Hiddenleafguy: Stealth 20 [23] - Part B
conein: Stealth 50 [10] - Part B.
tntey: Stealth 25 [37] - Part A.

PART A: Hawk132 & tntey

We're obviously going through the entrance conein's character discovered. I'll try to stealth up to the guards and kill them with my kukri and throwing knives. If they notice me I'll just shoot them all. If I notice any cameras, I'll shoot those too throw a knife at them. Also, I'll try to not forget about retrieving all the knives.

Both of you sneak over to the fence more or less unmolested, but you see that Marco and Avery dive into an alleyway. Before you have an opportunity to react, you see a lone cop with a gun out. You know that those two are more than able to fend for themselves and that the cop that they are facing is underequipped and not trained well enough to take them both on, so you proceed to the palace. When you finally get there, the pair of you look around, L tosses a coat over the barbed wire ontop and Steve climbes over.
[73][99][80] Steve then pulls out his Kukri and sneaks up to one of the patrolling guards, using the opportunity that the other is looking away and the third is away altogether. He raises the Nepali knife in the air, and lands a strong horizontal slash on his neck. While the head is not completely cut off, the blade of the kukri severed the spinal cord with a terrifying snap. Steve then pulls the knife out of the wound, and chops vertically at the door guard's head. The result is one guard on his knees, with a head split on two, yet somehow still alive, that last one fact changed with Steve finishing him off with another brutal horizontal slice. After this kill, Steve turns around and sees the third guard. Even in complete darkness both of you can see the wet stains on his pants. His only reaction being two words said in an extremely high pitched tone. Those words being "HEILLIGE SCHEIßE". Steve takes on a psychopathic smile as he reaches for his back pocket and turns to throw his knife in a lightning quick move.  The last thing the guard says is a whimper, as the knife embeds itself in his throat, and then another one in his eyeball. The hired killer then runs to him, kicks him in the gut, and when the poor man bends over, he decapitates him with one swift manouver.

The only words you could use to describe the scene are "gory"; "massacre"; "disgusting" and in the words of the dead guard, "HOLY SHIT".

Steve picking up the throwing knives, which are still covered in blood and eye matter, wiping them with the guard's clothes kind of ruins the effect, though.

PART B - conein & Hiddenleafguy

Before you two get outside the palace, you hear a commotion on the street in front of you, and see a cop walking in the opposite direction than you. You both dive in an alleyway, but not before he spots you and Avery's rifle. He struggles to get his pistol out, and you prepare yourselves for the moment the man finally gets to your position. Avery positions himself near the corner with his rifle ready to strike, and Marco prepares to fire with his silenced pistol on the man from behind a heavy metal dumpster.
Marco: Handguns 50 [59]
Avery: Melee 30 [84]
When the young German policeman finally moves into the range of Marco's sight, he breathes out, aims in and pulls the trigger of his pistol. He has little mercy, and the 5.7x28mm bullet in flight has even less, as it partially blows the man's head open, leaving his brain exposed, and depriving him of control of half of his body, as well removing his creativity, musicality, imagination, spatial sense and intuition. Avery uses the opportunity, and bashes the poor man in the intact part of his head, effectively making the right half of the guy's brain no worse than the other when it comes to disfiguration and maiming. He brings down the buttstock of the rifle expertly, in a move that could be seen amongst the best trench fighters of the first world war, caving in the cop's head, tearing his brain's into a complete pulp.

Both of you then drag the body deeper into the alleyway, then stuff it into the dumpster, and either wipe yourself from all the blood, or put one more bullet into the magazine of the gun. You then get to the palace unmolested, but only after Steve turns the place into a bloodbath.

PART C - Andres:

Scan the third floor from where I am.

You look around from your postition, and you do indeed see movement on the third floor, likely being those MiBs mentioned. You smile, and look a bit lower, only to see your mates sneaking towards the chain link fence. From your position you don't see much of the fight (if you can call it so) that ensues after the pair gets over the fence, but you see enough to decide that you wouldn't like to mess with the gentleman with the big knife.

PART D - Playergamer

You sit back and relax. You might spend a better part of the night here, might as well make it a nice and comfortable part of the night before the inevitable escape.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Hawk132/Steve (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Andres/Jack (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: conein/Marco (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: tntney/Mr L (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:07:18 pm by SaberToothTiger »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16