Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Glory to Arstotzka (Suggestion Game)  (Read 3884 times)

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Glory to Arstotzka (Suggestion Game)
« on: July 31, 2015, 10:43:16 am »

You open your eyes slowly, and get up from your cheap, crappy bed. You walk across the room, your only bedroom, and into the kitchen, the only other room in the small apartment. You are a veteran of the 6 year war, having fought for Arstotzka during the final year of the war. You were a part of the horrors of the Grestin Offensive. You witnessed thousands of troops being thrown at the defenses of the Kolechians.

It is in your mind every day, but you have been granted no support from the government you fought for. You have no job, and you lost your wife during the 6 year war. She was Kolechian, and was forced into deportation. You now live alone and unemployed in the same half of Grestin that you once fought for.

((This story will be very open ended. You can live a life of crime, you can work a standard life, you can try to get out of the country, you can reenlist, it's up to you.))
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Glory to Arstotzka (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 10:51:55 am »

Does this happen in the same universe as the weapon suggestion game?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 11:00:15 am »

We need to enlist in the military, get a spot working at a checkpoint, and talk the inspector into letting our wife through. Like Sergiu.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 11:04:52 am »

You go to the military enlistment office. They ask what position you'd like to be: Infantry, Air Force, Navy, or National Guard.

You know that the National Guard is the branch that defends the borders, so you tell the recruiter that you'd like to join the National Guard.

"Okay. We'll come to you tomorrow." he says.

*gobbles menacingly*

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 12:53:05 pm »

Wake up, because that was obviously just a dream and our wife is probably dead.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 01:14:14 pm »

You spend the rest of the day lounging around, and go to sleep early. When the recruiter said he'd come tomorrow, he never mentioned how early he'd be. He arrives at 4 AM, and tells you to pick up whatever belongings you might need as you'll be heading to basic infantry school. You walk with him through the cold streets back to the recruiting center, and check the time when you get there. It's 4:30 AM, December 20th, 1982. He drives you and another man, around 30 years old, to a small field outside of the town.

Apparently there was a new border checkpoint opening that day, and they had to send out someone to guard the outpost every day. That meant that the class for today was only 9 of the 10 total men who volunteered for guard service. The training isn't hard, considering the fact that you had already gone through standard infantry training. You already know how to fire and reload your weapon, and you've already been taught the basics of grenades. They end the day with teaching the class those basics, and you go to sleep in a crappy single-room building with 10 bunks in it. You choose the one in the far corner and go to sleep. You choose to bunk with a man named Alexi, who'd taken up the job to help pay for his two daughters. He said the younger one had gotten sick recently, and he couldn't afford the medication with his old job. Apparently his older daughter is taking care of the home in his absence.

The next day is the same routine. You eat breakfast, and notice that Alexi is not there. You ask the instructor about it. He says that Alexi was chosen for border duty today. You go through a morning run, and about halfway through an officer comes running up to your instructor.

"Sir! There's been a terrorist attack on the Grestin Checkpoint! We need to get down there immediately!" he yells.

You are loaded into a truck with rifles and combat jackets and sent to the checkpoint. When you show up to the scene you are dumbfounded. There is debris all over next to the checkpoint building. Alexi's remains are strewn all over the place. There is a dead man not far from the fence, he seems to have been shot.

"Get into formation!" your instructor says. The other officer goes over to talk to the border inspector to ask what happened.

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 01:15:47 pm »

Does this happen in the same universe as the weapon suggestion game?
It's the same setting as Papers, Please. The weapon suggestion game is the same fictional region but in a different timeframe. That one is in the early 20th century, this one is in 1982.

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 03:58:59 pm »

bump

*gobbles menacingly*

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 08:19:00 pm »

Hold formation and when given the relax order look for our friend. I think we should inform his dauthers since the 'state' may not want to.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 08:20:25 pm »

Hold formation and when given the relax order look for our friend. I think we should inform his dauthers since the 'state' may not want to.
+1.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 09:46:57 pm »

+1.
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 10:02:41 pm »

You stand for about ten minutes before the officer comes back. He says a few words to the instructor, and the instructor faces your group. "Alright, it looks like they're going to get the police on this one. Everyone back into the truck!" he barks.

You load back into the truck with the rest of the men, and take one last look at the bloody pile of debris and body parts that was once Alexi, the father of two. You ask your instructor if it is possible to send out a letter to Alexi's daughters, and he replies vaguely about the state taking care of them.

After the incident, the class is flooded with new recruits. The physical requirements are increased. Three men from your original class are sent back home, to find a new job or try to get their old one back. You expect that most of the recruits are from the work lottery. The instructor tells you that the training has been bumped up to two weeks.

*gobbles menacingly*

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 11:38:32 am »

Ask the Instructor if we could begin our job earlier since we were in the army and have been here for one day already. Also ask for Alexis last name and see if we  can use a phone book to find his daughters. We should make sure they get the news quickly so they can plan accordingly.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 09:31:31 pm »

You walk up to the instructor. "Look, I've been in the army. I've gone through everything we're doing already. If you want the paperwork, just look me up. Can you just put me out there so it's one less man for you to worry about?"

He contemplates for a moment, and agrees.

Flash forward two days, and you are on an official post. Some of the first recruits are also guarding the Grestin checkpoint with you. You are in front of the fence with another man whose name you do not know. You don't know the names of the other two guards behind the fence. The day has just started, and the instructor is slowly letting people up to the booth.

A little ways down the line, you notice a commotion. A man is yelling, and pushes the man in front of him. The man in front of him turns around and starts yelling, and pushes him back. The other guard next to you looks at you, seemingly looking for guidance.

*gobbles menacingly*

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 11:57:27 pm »

Tell him to cover us, then lets get closer and order them to freeze with the butt of our rifle if needed.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4