Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55918 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Getting a distinct sense of danger, Erin fires her Mnemonic Autocannon at wherever she remembers seeing the scientist.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"A right inopportune situation I am in.  Perhaps it is time to abscond with great alacrity?"

Can I get to the big round tube without going past the guards?  If so, abscond via the big round tube.  If not, is there not any ductwork in here?  See if there's a way out besides the door.  If no... well, gonna have to run for it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Evil Roy harvests some screaming souls for the soul glove. No sense letting perfectly good souls go to waste, right?

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #273 on: November 01, 2015, 07:19:22 pm »

"Ah don't like tha looks a this! Stay close ta me!"

Shoot plasma pistol in general direction of the Nazi soldiers. Attempt to activate that fire thing on the thermal shield, as well.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #274 on: November 01, 2015, 07:57:27 pm »

The infiltration is going well, this is a perfect disguise. Now go search the labs for the head scientist dude or his experiments.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:00:07 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 25, 2015, 01:56:15 am »

Is this game still alive? I will be sad if it isn't.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 25, 2015, 03:48:22 pm »

Hey! I'd like to continue, if my players are still around. I've been weighed down by work and future concerns, but to tell the truth, I'd have updated ages ago if I didn't need to make a map for this boss fight. Apparently that little effort was too much for me.

I should have more time in the near-future... should... so I'll try to get us back to regular updates. It helps that I finished Fallout 4.

So, update most likely coming this week, with or without map!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 25, 2015, 03:50:15 pm »

* Twinwolf waves to indicate they're still present.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 25, 2015, 03:52:37 pm »

Ready!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 25, 2015, 03:53:38 pm »

Still alive and present, although that's mostly because my rig can't handle Fallout 4 yet :p

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 25, 2015, 04:56:11 pm »

Presently alive.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 25, 2015, 05:11:10 pm »

I think that's everyone!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2015, 06:46:20 am »

Erin and London
Getting a distinct sense of danger, Erin fires her Mnemonic Autocannon at wherever she remembers seeing the scientist.
"Ah don't like tha looks a this! Stay close ta me!"

Shoot plasma pistol in general direction of the Nazi soldiers. Attempt to activate that fire thing on the thermal shield, as well.

Our heroes don't waste time. [3-1=2] Erin braces her Mnemonic Autocannon, but dazed by the sudden darkness and feeling self-conscious in her horrid get-up, can't quite figure out where to shoot. [2] London fares little better, pointing her Plasma Luger at random directions. She decides the risk of hitting her allies is too great to take a shot. [3] She does, however, activate her Thermal Shield so it bursts into flame at the end of her arm. The light from the fire illuminates a little in front of her.

A moment later it becomes less useful. The lamps above them suddenly flicker back into life. A few of the searchlights on the upper level flash on as well. Something still seems off, though - it takes our heroes a moment to realize the lights are much weaker than they should be, if that's the right word - they don't seem to reach as much area as they should, like something stops them just outside their imminent radius. The darkness between the lights feels deeper than it has any right to.

'Feeling safe in the light, Fräulein? Vell, do not forget I am in control. Like so!'

There's a hint of movement in the darkness beyond the searchlights, and all lamps but the closest go dark once more. Our heroes can't see the Doktor, but there's a strange hissing sound from his direction, like something emptying. A sound like a gust of wind goes past them in the darkness.

The lights on the upper level go on as well, revealing the Doktor in his odd suit. The tubes in his backpack are now empty. The Stormtroopers are moving down the stairs to the lower level. Our heroes and their comrades remain by the doors, under the central light.

Spoiler: Map of the Lab (click to show/hide)

---
Spoiler: Opponents (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Comrades (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)

Evil Roy and Crit
The infiltration is going well, this is a perfect disguise. Now go search the labs for the head scientist dude or his experiments.
Evil Roy harvests some screaming souls for the soul glove. No sense letting perfectly good souls go to waste, right?

Souls for the soul glove! Screams for the scream gauntlet! Evil Roy harvests the brutalized scientists in the corridor and leaves them full of gnaw marks and blood loss. The gloves writhe in satisfaction. Evil Roy gets the odd sense that they are growing quite fond of him, as much as disembodied souls inside fashionable handwear can.

[5+1=6] Crit communicates his wish to find the head scientist dude in properly Nazified language, and his new friends are happy to oblige. He's given directions right back the way he came and sets off. Soon enough, he finds Evil Roy in a corridor full of corpses. Friends!

The head scientist appears to reside in the grand Special Projects lab beyond the double doors at the end of the corridor. The two heroes can just hear voices and strange rushing sounds from there.

---
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Speaks
"A right inopportune situation I am in.  Perhaps it is time to abscond with great alacrity?"

Can I get to the big round tube without going past the guards?  If so, abscond via the big round tube.  If not, is there not any ductwork in here?  See if there's a way out besides the door.  If no... well, gonna have to run for it.

[3] Speaks gauges his options. The guards are everywhere, but he might be able to slip past them at an opportune moment. There don't appear to be any other ways out, or if there are, they're too well-hidden for him. It has to be the tube or the door.

Speaks watches the guards, waits for his moment, readies himself, and [5] leaps into the corridor and for the tube before anyone can react. He pulls open the hatch and climbs inside, then slams it shut behind him. If the guards noticed, he hears none of it.

Taking a breath, Speaks surveys his surroundings. The tube is narrow and probably not intended for people, but he can crawl through alright. A few letters and packages lie on the bottom of the tube under him. The air here is oddly pressurized. On the wall, in stark black Nazi letters, it says: PNEUMATIC MAIL SYSTEM, MEDICAL RECEIVER #4.

The tube continues ahead in the dark until it splits into two. Speaks crawls forward a little ways until he can see little arrows towards the front and back of the ship, with the words 'Bridge/Research/Residential' for the former and 'Crew/Armaments/Engines' for the latter. It appears these tubes run through the whole ship.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

---
Whaddyamean, that's a half-assed map? Of course it is! I threw it together in Paint! It'll probably be too much of a bother to keep updated, but I'll see.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2015, 05:52:51 pm »

"A most fortunate dash!  Perchance now I can address these wounds in relative tranquility."

Use up one unit of first aid treating my wounds again.  Then start heading toward Engines.

"Well, if we want to disable this flying monstrosity, I feel the logical course of action is to go for the power source."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »

Fire! Again!
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31