Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55884 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2015, 06:43:36 pm »

Evil Roy takes a look inside this Special Projects lab. Doesn't vaguely move into there, mind you, just takes a look. Surveys the scene. Gets a feel for the environs.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2015, 09:28:44 pm »

"Yer not tha one in control here!" London declares loudly. "We're here ta make you face justice fer yer crimes!"

Shoot at the Doktor with the Luger again!

((It could be a lot worse, Hellhound. Just to be clear, we are on the bottom edge of the map facing towards the Doktor, right?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 27, 2015, 03:21:21 am »

((Quick question: I notice Speaks has ammo listed while I don't. Does that mean I'm out, or is mine just conveniently infinite for the sake of keeping track of things more easily?))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 27, 2015, 05:22:23 am »

@London: Yes, there you are. The bit stickiing out from the bottom edge is the door.

@Evil Roy: Regular ammo is always infinite. However, Speaks' weapon has Special Ammo, like those special teeth - he still has infinite regular teeth. Some weapons also have a Limited Ammo trait, but usually you'll have an endless supply.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 27, 2015, 05:25:23 am »

((I also have Special Ammo, actually. I'm not out of that, I take it?))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission: Sky Nazis!]
« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2015, 06:00:43 am »

((I also have Special Ammo, actually. I'm not out of that, I take it?))

You've never had any of them! Special Ammo are extra goodies - you do have an infinite supply of standard, pain-inducing Psychos bolts. Speaks just found fancy teeth from the Dentist's Office on the ship, you'll have to find or cook up special bolts yourself.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 28, 2015, 11:56:50 am »

Look around for anything like a air duct that could be used to sneak into or above the lab.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2015, 08:20:42 am »

Fucksticks. I managed to press some unholy combination of buttons that refreshed the page and ate the entirety of the update (which was 3/5s done). I don't even know what those buttons were! They might strike again at any time when I least expect it! Lurking in the shadows, waiting for me to slip up. Grrr.

And yeah, I know I should be backing up this as I go along, but this time I didn't, and I paid the ultimate price. Oh well, I'll rewrite it later, I just needed to vent at the intrinsic injutice of the world and such.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 29, 2015, 09:35:10 am »

Speaks
"A most fortunate dash!  Perchance now I can address these wounds in relative tranquility."

Use up one unit of first aid treating my wounds again.  Then start heading toward Engines.

"Well, if we want to disable this flying monstrosity, I feel the logical course of action is to go for the power source."

Safe and hidden, Speaks decides to deal with the remaining pains and aches inflicted upon him by the Nazis. [6] A few minutes later, wholly wrapped up in bandages, head spinning with painkillers and covered in some strange healing ointment, the saurian feels pretty good about himself.

Speaks: +20 HP, +1 to CR for 3 turns!

Then he heads on, taking the stern-wards tube to the Engines. [4] Nothing special happens on the way - the tube is hot and uncomfortable, but there are no pieces of mail flying through the system at deadly speeds or anyone else to spot him crawling there. The journey is mainly just dull. Speaks passes many exits and turns, but none of them lead to the Engines, so he continues until he comes to a hatch labeled just that.

[5] Speaks peeks out carefully. The exit opens to a large industrial room full of large pipes and grinding machinery. A squad of Nazis appears to be guarding the doorway in the direction he came, their backs turned to him. They look like they're expecting an attack. Now that he thinks about it, Speaks can hear gunfire from beyond the room, echoing strangely through the insides of the ship. In the other direction lies an unguarded doorway, no doubt to the engines, hot steam rolling in through it. The air is awash with heat and dripping with humidity.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

Erin and London
Fire! Again!
"Yer not tha one in control here!" London declares loudly. "We're here ta make you face justice fer yer crimes!"

Shoot at the Doktor with the Luger again!

Our heroes shout their defiance and then appear to act on it as well. Erin [2-1=1], unfortunately, can't decide between the Nazi stormtroopers and the evil Doktor. London, on the other hand [2+1=3] has a similar problem, but the sight of her Soviet comrade's enormous fur hat comes into view at the last moment and strenghtens her resolve. She roars her challenge and [Dodge:4+1=5] misses by a wide margin. A bit of the wall above the Doktor explodes in a burst of white-hot plasma and makes the man duck. That, at least, is satisfying.

Energized by her example, London's comrades open up as well. [1,2+1=3,1+1=2,4+1=5] Two of them unleash their submachineguns and prove once and for all [Dodges:3+1+1=5/2+1+1=4] that you should not expect to hit moving targets at range with close-quarters automatic weapons. Not a single shot hits. [4,3,3,4] The Nazis counter with a wild running volley that [Dodge:4+1+1=6/3+1+1=5/3+1+1=5/4+1+1=6] that proves equally inaccurate.

The Nazis find cover at the end of the stairs, the Doktor turning the searchlight to follow them. [3] The Soviets advance in turn. Three of them find cover behind the nearest lab desks in the light.

One of them doesn't.

The eager Soviet commando steps into the shadow and stumbles. He makes a sort of surprised sound. And something lunges out from the darkness. He doesn't have time to scream. Invisible hands seize him and drag him into the blackness, where all sound immediately cuts off - until our heroes begin to hear a sound best described as rushing wind and gnawing mixed together. They continue steadily from the direction of the disappeared trooper.

Up on the second level, the Doktor cackles, and more lights go out.

Spoiler: Lab Map (click to show/hide)

---
Spoiler: Opponents (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Comrades (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)

Evil Roy
Evil Roy takes a look inside this Special Projects lab. Doesn't vaguely move into there, mind you, just takes a look. Surveys the scene. Gets a feel for the environs.

Evil Roy approaches the big lab doors and takes a cautious look inside. First impressions; the place is way darker than expected. There are two of his heroic comrades right inside the doors, alongside a gaggle of Communists who seem to be on their side, exchanging fire with Stormtroopers coming down the stairs. An obviously evil Nazi in a protective suit is cackling on the upper level. All in all, it looks like much any lab he's been to, just bigger and fancier. There are a number of odd machines and scientific devices, a lot of lights, some sort of tube jutting out of the back wall on the upper level, cabinets of labcoats and protective glasses, and so forth.

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Crit
Look around for anything like a air duct that could be used to sneak into or above the lab.

The plucky robot of the team looks around while Evil Roy looks into the lab. [4] There are no air ducts, but there is a pneumatic mail tube further back the corridor that might go to the lab or through it. Looking inside, it does certainly turn that way. There's also the elevator, if there was some way to bypass the security lockdown.

---
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

---
I forgot London's +1 to CR bonus from the Soviet leader's hat last turn, but no more. Erin doesn't get it because she's a pariah and pariahs can't be comrades. Ha.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:38:30 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 29, 2015, 02:46:44 pm »

"A rare opportunity.  It would be unbecoming of me to bypass it.

Sneak on into the engine room.

((Speaks is still listed at 13/30 hp))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 29, 2015, 03:36:27 pm »

Evil Roy considers the possibilities, and elects to not go inside just yet.

Instead he tries to shoot the cackling fellow with the crossbow, then close the door and look for an alternate way in.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 29, 2015, 03:38:15 pm »

((Speaks is still listed at 13/30 hp))

Something which I changed in the first iteration of the post but forgot in the second. Fixed.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 29, 2015, 05:01:44 pm »

Let's see where the tube goes!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 29, 2015, 05:53:10 pm »

"Thad damn Nazi has some sort of demons livin' in tha' shadows! Don't get close!"

After a second, London realizes that a great karmic opportunity has arisen and tries to shoot out the far-left floodlight!

((I hadn't noticed the Biggest Hat until now, so it's hardly a big deal. It is, however, quite worrisome that the Nazis have managed to tame grues for their own nefarious purposes...))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 05, 2015, 03:10:01 pm »

Shoot the Nazi scum. If you expend enough ammunition, you'll eventually hit something.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31