Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159099 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1934 Production
« Reply #3090 on: September 10, 2015, 05:25:06 am »

I still want to get an APC. We should go full mechanized.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: September 10, 2015, 05:26:25 am »

APCs would be nice, but with city fighting I would say go straight for an IFV.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: September 10, 2015, 05:36:52 am »

We're not doing any city fighting though.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: September 10, 2015, 05:51:02 am »

we will need to do that to capture the capital I feel.  Still, wouldn't our autocannon be enough for what it needs to do? we put it on all our designs anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: September 10, 2015, 05:57:38 am »

Body armour would likely be more effective when it comes to city fighting than IFVs or APCs. Moskurg's premiere CQC weapon is their SMG. The battle report said that not a single one of their armoured soldiers was killed by an SMG. Getting our own version for our troops would be a big benefit, especially since we're capable of making them cheap. Since we have more Ore, we could mix in some aluminium to decrease the weight if we wanted to.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: September 10, 2015, 05:59:26 am »

We still gotta capture two cities, the capital and the other populated city section. Or did we do that last turn... I think it was a stalemate.

As for the autocannon, I feel it will be fine, but the main difference between IFVs and APCs is armor. APCs are armored jsut enough to get troops in and then to run away, IFVs are built to fight, and are often old tanks.

An IFV would also be handy in the jungle...

-Ninja Edit-

We have bodyarmor, just no giant full body suits. As for nothing getting killed by a 9mm SMG, well, its a 9mm SMG.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: September 10, 2015, 06:03:26 am »

We have bodyarmor, just no giant full body suits. As for nothing getting killed by a 9mm SMG, well, its a 9mm SMG.
It went from being a very effective CQC weapon to an entirely ineffective CQC weapon. That's significant.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: September 10, 2015, 06:14:02 am »

Until they manage to give a suit of armor to every soldier the SMG is still effective. It just takes 7.62 rifle AP or autocannons to kill the few armored bastards they do have.
Highly Opinionated Fool

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: September 10, 2015, 06:21:06 am »

except, it is only used by a few of their soldiers. It didn't make the SMG entirely ineffective, it just meant that it is harder to storm heavily fortified locations such as caves and bunkers. It also damages mobility sight, meaning that it won't be that useful when they try to storm out of their fortifications. We can just starve them out.
A bigger problem will be in cities.  But I imagine our new assault rifle might fare better.

Of course, they might make it merely expnsive at some point. But that is a long shot from making the SMG entirely ineffective. Simply, it no longer is the wonder weapon it used to be.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: September 10, 2015, 06:27:45 am »

It should be noted that according to the GM, most of the armor resist our è.62 round at anything but point blank range.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: September 10, 2015, 06:40:34 am »

I didn't mean that the SMG was entirely ineffective wherever it was used, I just meant it was useless against the new armour when compared to their old armour.

Glory to Arstotzka.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: September 10, 2015, 07:02:00 am »

Yeah, that leaves the problem of what to do when the few soldiers who wears that thing get within CQC of our soldiers. Unless we want to carry something like a one-shot 20mm pistol or something like a Desert Eagle(a handgun using a ridiculous 12x40mm round), I'm thinking something like heaving a satchel charge in the middle of a group of them. No matter how well armored you are, you won't be able to protect yourself from having limbs torn off by concussive blast effects.

Also, keep in mind that this turn they made their armor less complex, so it might actually be seen in larger numbers, which would make it an actual problem rather than an annoyance.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: September 10, 2015, 07:08:09 am »

We need a ranged weapon to take them out, grenades force us to get to close.

What about an under barrel mini RPG?
Rocket Rifle?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: September 10, 2015, 07:09:35 am »

We have those magnetic shaped charges, which should be strong enough to penetrate the armor.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: September 10, 2015, 07:22:38 am »

on open ground, APC support should help. That doesn't solve problems in the bunkers however.

the one thing that seems to work is their horsekiller, so we might want an anti materiel rifle. Or a rocket rifle.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 217