Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159401 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1920 Design
« Reply #855 on: July 30, 2015, 03:18:17 pm »

Also next year we should finally revise our camouflage, that would probably give us a decisive advantage in the forests.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 30, 2015, 03:19:45 pm »

Guys, stop expecting that we will get what we want.

Point is that we simply can't risk getting mediocre designs.... landmines will be useful even with a minor fail. Failed armored car design will be third design we need to fix (along with motorbike and aircraft) and will not be enough to stop enemy armor anywhere.

Boring and practical landmines can save our ass.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 30, 2015, 03:21:01 pm »

But landmine are basically purely defensive weapons.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 30, 2015, 03:22:04 pm »

Isn't that what we need when we losing the war?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 30, 2015, 03:25:08 pm »

They can be thrown like frisbees.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 30, 2015, 03:25:15 pm »

Why do you think we're loosing?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 30, 2015, 03:26:25 pm »

What if we designed flak vests/helmets.
They could be used not only for pilots, but for ground troops against flak shells.
They could come with parachutes for the air force, and gas masks for infantry.
It would also give us a second chance to attempt camouflage.
We could try revising our armour to include gas masks, be a more protective armour and have better camouflage.

I vote for the AS-MV20
Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 30, 2015, 03:30:28 pm »

As far as I have found, the AS-T20 does not exist.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 30, 2015, 03:33:48 pm »

Because we are. Atleast in the jungle.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 30, 2015, 03:36:26 pm »

the reason we are doing decently is our resource superiority. They have few ore and that makes some of their designs too expensive. If they can match us in industry, we are going to lose. ( barring favors from the dice gods)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 30, 2015, 03:38:21 pm »

We're actively being forced to retreat in the Jungle, and are heavily pushed back in the Plains/Desert, with the enemy repeatedly storming our trenches.

If they fix their track issues, they'll get through.

The AS-MV20 might be enough to stop them, but it's a rather complex design with some option for sabotage. On the other hand, if designed as delivered, it should handily beat most of the armor they field.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 30, 2015, 03:38:37 pm »

Because both front in plains and front in jungles are close to collapse. Our enemy is able to take jungles without any improvement and first point of plains with minor improvement. Results will be devastating enough to consider surrendering.

Landmines give us much higher chances to hold essential plains, and give us not a bad chance to halt enemy in jungles.

Landmines are good to counter current enemy weapons and whatever they may design. They design new infantry weapon\flamethrower\grenades? Mines will make getting closer harder. They design new tank\revise current? Those are not immune to mines. They design new artillery to shell our trenches in plains? good for them, but positive is negated by the fact that their infantry will need to storm trenches through minefields...

While armored car is not that universal. It can work only if we are lucky with the design AND enemy doesn't design anything to counter it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 30, 2015, 03:39:57 pm »

We seems to be holding decently on the plain though. Our artillery/autocannon/mortars advantages are doing a good job.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 30, 2015, 03:44:39 pm »

I think the plains will hold, without much change. But if they take the jungle they will be able to field more designs, AND threaten our homeland. landmines buy us time we desperately need.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 30, 2015, 03:46:58 pm »

Yet enemy needs one successful design to tip the balance in their favour and punch through our trench line.  Landmines is a step to prevent this scenario. Armored car is bad for this task, assault rifle is very risky, boat gives nothing to plains.

My preferred course of action is stabilizing our defensive lines and than either attack desert or focus on mountains leaving them without one point of ore and flanking jungles.

I actually think that jungles are doomed, but we may win delay them for few turns.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 217