Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159370 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1920 Design
« Reply #885 on: July 30, 2015, 04:36:25 pm »

+1 on airplane revision
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 30, 2015, 05:47:18 pm »

I really, really hope landmines are enough to stop Moskurg. If they make cheap SMGs I reckon they'll be able to take the Jungles unless we develop some, even if we do deploy landmines. 1) Revise SMG to be cheap. 2) Revise A19 to be reliable. Use up to 3 Ore if necessary.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 30, 2015, 05:48:18 pm »

pick one, we can't revise both . I supose you are voting to revise the SMG?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 30, 2015, 05:50:56 pm »

pick one, we can't revise both . I supose you are voting to revise the SMG?
My primary vote is SMG and my secondary vote is plane. If the SMG doesn't get enough votes to win, my vote goes to plane.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 30, 2015, 05:53:06 pm »

Andres, I am rather sure that Moksburg didn't  consider making SMG cheap because they have no small arms fan like you in their ranks :D

BTW, do you really prefer to leave us without an aircraft for one more turn in exchange for MOAR SMGs?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 30, 2015, 05:56:52 pm »

As far as I have found, the AS-T20 does not exist.

Uhh yes, I meant the MV20 my bad.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 30, 2015, 06:30:56 pm »

You engineer scramble to salvage the disappointing AS-19B design.

AS-A19C: Several staff members were fired and replaced. The new C model of the AS-A19 makes up for its heavy frame with sturdy, lightweight aluminum brackets, and some metal parts are replaced with aluminum. This and larger control surfaces make the plane much more steady, and not prone to suddenly pulling in one direction or the other, without being heavier. For good measure, a cross is added to every joystick to exorcise malevolent spirits. Control surface trim is added as well, which corrects for the effect of the rotary engine and makes the plane easier to fly in general. The aircraft remains heavy and a bit ungainly, but is much more safe to fly and should perform better in dogfights. Now costs 2 ore, 2 oil.

You have established an aluminum industry. Craft can be reinforced with aluminum (+1 ore) or be built mostly from it (+2). Aluminum engine blocks costs +1 ore or are free in aluminum craft.

Your general knowledge of airplane design has improved considerably compared to when the first AS-A19 was built and tested. The craft is no longer Complex.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:33:01 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1920 Production
« Reply #892 on: July 30, 2015, 06:35:34 pm »

not complex anymore! at least we regained numerical parity. also, it seems we got some decent rolls, with this aluminum industry.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 30, 2015, 07:04:34 pm »

"Dear Russian friends. We are proud to offer you AS-T15. Unlike European designs it is meant to work in cold climate. Unlike European designs it doesn't use expensive and dangerous petroleum! All it need is coal. Coal that is abundant in mother Russia! Also, can work on wood only with slightly reduced effectiveness! It will keep your crew warm even during harshest winters! It is large and menacing both because of its size, black intimidating smoke AND loud noises! Your filthy enemies will run as soon as they spot this machine of death "

Repeat it here in production phase.
offer T-15 to Russians

Also offer AS-MC16  to mysterious group
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 07:06:54 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 30, 2015, 08:17:24 pm »

Some ideas for next turn because I may have no internet for two days

Designs

Spoiler: AS-LMG-21 (click to show/hide)
Goal: Start pushing in mountains, get lighter machinegun to supplement 20mm in airforce

Spoiler: AS-AAAT-21-80 (click to show/hide)
Goal = yet another defensive weapon to hold plains

Spoiler: A22 (click to show/hide)
To use Expense for (should we win) and bomb their resources out of them

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 30, 2015, 09:55:54 pm »

And, beating the rush to submit near identical vehicular designs, the
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 31, 2015, 12:44:33 am »

not complex anymore! at least we regained numerical parity. also, it seems we got some decent rolls, with this aluminum industry.
Incorrect. We were at numerical parity when our airplanes came out, both designs being Expensive for each side. What we just did is gain a numerical advantage since the design isn't complex and we have the resources to pay for it.

Reinforce with aluminium. This should make them more resistant to machine gun fire. This might be necessary if they're upgrading their plane's weaponry.

Offer T15 to red army. Offer landmines, the 1909, and the DB shotgun to the unknown party.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Add tow hitches to Artillery A's/HV19's.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:51:28 am by Andres »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 31, 2015, 01:45:59 am »

Also, start mixing powdered aluminum in our explosives, if we can.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 31, 2015, 01:51:52 am »

Maybe Arstotzka should call it aluminium while Moskurg calls it aluminum?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 31, 2015, 01:56:48 am »

Element 13?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 217