Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159604 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Revision
« Reply #660 on: July 29, 2015, 05:31:55 am »

+1 to ebbor's AS-A18-C
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 29, 2015, 05:33:41 am »

Revision proposal :

Spoiler: AS-A18-C (click to show/hide)
+1, but the autocannon is lowest priority and removing the "doom spirits" is highest priority. Aside from the engines, the Ore should also help prevent the wings from breaking apart. A plane, no matter how stable it otherwise is, will crash with broken wings.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:55:16 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 29, 2015, 05:35:24 am »

Supporting Ebbor plan.

Autocannon!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 29, 2015, 05:39:37 am »

Begin production of the AS-A19 and the AS-HV19.

Important question, guys. Do we want cheap trucks or Expensive tanks? We can choose to either get the Ore or the Oil. Getting the Ore means cheaper tanks but getting the Oil gets us cheaper trucks. The thing is, Sensei said that the logistics are unaffected by the truck's Expense and the truck has no weapons or armour to speak of. I say we should increase the number of tanks we have and see how our unarmed, unarmoured trucks do in battle before we commit to them.

Have the HV19 gather Ore. If the cease in the trade agreement would make our planes Very Expensive in the coming year or the year after, have the HV19 gather Oil instead.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:54:59 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 29, 2015, 05:40:16 am »

Ore, yah.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 29, 2015, 05:47:30 am »

Your engineers set to work correcting the AS-A18's disappointing/haunted performance.

AS-A18 B: Your engineers struggle with the idea of a working gun which fires through the propeller hub, and ultimately decide that it's too much to accomplish without a massive redesign. After some debate about turning the plane around to use a pusher prop, engineers settle for a pair of AS-A18's on the wings, aimed to cross at 200 meters. This adds some weight and is not a positive contributor to the craft's drag problem. Some more time is spent tooling the AS-A18's to belt feed. Ultimately by the time the plane must be rushed to production, the result is a plane with four times the firepower and the same flight and structure issues. There isn't even time left to start building metal airframe mockups.

With the HV19's gathering ore in the plains, you will have 4 ore, 2 oil for 1920.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Production
« Reply #666 on: July 29, 2015, 05:49:01 am »

Well, balls/
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 29, 2015, 05:53:50 am »

Well since we're all in agreement for what we should do this year, let's move on to next year. With the revelation that only 2 Oil is needed to power a tank I think we should work on a new tank design. A turreted AT cannon should take out their Smasher easily enough while the autocannons on the sides, front, and back take out the SPATS and Struunks.

Your engineers set to work correcting the AS-A18's disappointing/haunted performance.

AS-A18 B: Your engineers struggle with the idea of a working gun which fires through the propeller hub, and ultimately decide that it's too much to accomplish without a massive redesign. After some debate about turning the plane around to use a pusher prop, engineers settle for a pair of AS-A18's on the wings, aimed to cross at 200 meters. This adds some weight and is not a positive contributor to the craft's drag problem. Some more time is spent tooling the AS-A18's to belt feed. Ultimately by the time the plane must be rushed to production, the result is a plane with four times the firepower and the same flight and structure issues. There isn't even time left to start building metal airframe mockups.

With the HV19's gathering ore in the plains, you will have 4 ore, 2 oil for 1920.
I think we were all in agreement to fix the performance issue before we got an autocannon on.

"the result is a plane with four times the firepower and the same flight and structure issues"
I'm going to take this to mean there is no decreased performance drop as a result of the AS-A18s.
Begin production of the AS-A19 B unless the AS-AC18s decrease performance, in which case produce the AS-A19 A. We want our pilots to at least get some experience flying it around. On the other hand, we might want to get the B model out instead so we can at least knock out their Mountain trains. What should we do?

Glory to Arstotzka.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 29, 2015, 05:55:30 am »

We dont need a tank cannon tho. Our autocannons are fine as it is.

I know that I plan on submitting the LAC again. That or radios...
Highly Opinionated Fool

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 29, 2015, 05:59:23 am »

hm. I really hoped we would fix handling before guns.

ah, well. I guess we will have to burn another revision on it later...

by the way: their tank is 2 ore over budget AND it is expensive on its own. Isn't that 3 2 levels above expensive? (expensive>very expensive>national effort). That would explain why it wasn't deployed ( haven't seen it mentioned in the battle report).

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:01:59 am by andrea »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 29, 2015, 06:03:50 am »

Decent Arstotzkan radios would indeed help our artillery aim at the enemy armoured vehicles. Assuming they're not as crappy as Moskurg's we should also be able to use them in the Jungle to decent effect, assuming we still have any kind of presence there by 1921.

I've been thinking about how to win in the Mountains and through the battle reports, I can see the only reason they're winning is due to the Brumby. Unlike normal machine guns, Brumbies don't need nests and so our mortars can't accurately hit them, assuming they can even get into place fast enough. Getting a radio might help, but whether it would help more than an LMG I'm uncertain of.

An LMG would have a fast enough fire rate to drive enough AP rounds into armoured vehicles in the Jungle to destroy them. Unlike our current machine guns, though, it can be moved so it can be used in patrols or to set ambushes for enemy vehicles/infantry. Just a thought.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 29, 2015, 06:12:52 am »

Two autocannons? I can tolerate bad handling for that kind of devastating firepower.

The only thing that worries me that enemy will design a nimbler fighter to counter our triplane.

I really want to design something high ore next turn. Railway cannons look like a fine option
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 29, 2015, 06:20:45 am »

by the way: their tank is 2 ore over budget AND it is expensive on its own. Isn't that 3 2 levels above expensive? (expensive>very expensive>national effort). That would explain why it wasn't deployed ( haven't seen it mentioned in the battle report).
Nope, doesn't work that way.

The 1 1 2 thingy is only for resources.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 29, 2015, 06:24:07 am »

I really want to design something high ore next turn. Railway cannons look like a fine option
Getting petrol tanks out there would be better in my opinion. We can field more of them, they'll go faster, and the crew won't be forced to evacuate due to the heat. Since we'd be doing a full redesign, swapping out the engine is the least we can do. Turrets, autocannons, and non-Expensive treads. If we get a petrol engine with non-Expensive treads, we get cheap tanks. Blitzkrieg all the way to Moskurg!

Glory to Arstotzka.

Nope, doesn't work that way.

The 1 1 2 thingy is only for resources.
Only for resources of the same type at that. If you're 1 over in Ore, it becomes Expensive. If you're 2 over in Ore, it's still Expensive. If you're 1 over in Ore and 2 over in Oil, it's Very Expensive.

Ask the men in the Mountains what equipment they need to beat the Moskurgs.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:27:27 am by Andres »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 29, 2015, 06:30:33 am »

One need three ore\oil above budget to gain two points of expensive.

BTW, T15s are merely expensive this turn. I hope Sensei will not forget about this. May change few things in plains\desert.

I think it is the only turn while we enjoy 4 ore because next turn we'll have to switch to oil transportation?

Isn't airforce the best solution for mountains?

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 217