Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158952 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1910 Production Phase
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2015, 10:17:24 pm »

Cease production of AS-1891.

Distribute Nosin Single to all troops.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Tactical vests.

Worn underneat to stop bullets that our glorious uniforms cannot. Light weight and able to stop small arms fire and small pieces of shrapnel.
(Actually this is something I wanted to ask about. From what I understand we're an arms designer, meaning we design weapons. Do we only do that or do we basically control all military technology?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 10:38:14 pm »

A sled or cart would be a simple accessory, needing only a revision. Your gun isn't really big enough to need to be horse drawn, unless you planning on firing from a moving chariot or something.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2015, 10:45:13 pm »

Moving carriage(or sled), thats the thing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2015, 10:57:44 pm »

Well I meant, firing while it's in motion. ;)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2015, 11:08:00 pm »

I would like to suggest that we aim to develop a carriage-drawn howitzer next. Neither side seems to have any artillery yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2015, 11:19:22 pm »

I would like to suggest that we aim to develop a carriage-drawn howitzer next. Neither side seems to have any artillery yet.
Indeed, comrade, but remember that Moskurg has 1 Ore, meaning that any artillery they design will be Very Expensive for them. That means they probably won't be researching it and if they were, they would have too little to be very useful. I agree that we should make artillery, but there's no rush to do it. If they invent machine guns of their own, we should instead design sniper rifles to take our their crew.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 01:29:15 am »

We already have allright sniper rifles, we just need to apply optics and training.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 02:03:38 am »

Our Nosin-Magant was designed for long-range but inaccurate barrages, not sniping. Our new gun needs to be specifically made for sniping.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 02:07:53 am »

It was, and in some cases (albeit with modified rifles) still is, used as one. And, infact, did quite well as one.

From what I have read, the main issue is getting the gun and the scope right, which appears to only be possible(for the most part) at the factory.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 02:15:42 am »

Indeed. At worse, we simply need a revision to slap a scope on it.

Now, I suggest we should focus on artillery. Barrage are also a nice way to suppress machineguns.

Spoiler: AS-1911 Field Gun (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 02:18:28 am »

It was, and in some cases (albeit with modified rifles) still is, used as one. And, infact, did quite well as one.

From what I have read, the main issue is getting the gun and the scope right, which appears to only be possible(for the most part) at the factory.
Really? Interesting. I guess we can just revise the current single-shot design, then. Revising the Nosin-Magant would probably make it Very Expensive due to having both a magazine and a scope. As for what we should design, I guess we should go with the howitzer? Alternatively, we could design a mortar. They don't need to be carried by vehicles so that might make them cheaper.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:34:52 am by Andres »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 02:30:11 am »

We already have allright sniper rifles, we just need to apply optics and training.
Which should be a revision, tbh.

I propose artillery next, though we need to remember to upgrade our transport techs as well at some point. Not sure if we want to go with a howitzer though.
Those are designed for indirect fire, which is problematic against enemy cavalry charges and other fast moving targets.

On a side note, we have trains, might as well use them. Our artillery should be feasibly mounted on a train carriage.

Anyway: Production

What do we do in this phase? Anyway, I propose to equip 3/4 of our forces with thd machine gun.

Spoiler:  Complaining (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:34:43 am by 10ebbor10 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 02:34:28 am »

The problem of cavalry charges should be fixed with our new machineguns and the general infantry Nosin Singles which come with bayonets.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:43:57 am by Andres »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 03:27:55 am »

Which should be a revision, tbh.

I propose artillery next, though we need to remember to upgrade our transport techs as well at some point. Not sure if we want to go with a howitzer though.
Those are designed for indirect fire, which is problematic against enemy cavalry charges and other fast moving targets.

On a side note, we have trains, might as well use them. Our artillery should be feasibly mounted on a train carriage.

Anyway: Production

What do we do in this phase? Anyway, I propose to equip 3/4 of our forces with thd machine gun.

Spoiler:  Complaining (click to show/hide)
Good rifle scopes would be a project worthy of the Design Phase, that would definitely constitute a new technology. However, the Nosin-Magants could then be retrofitted with scopes as needed. They can also be retrofitted with more modern direct-fire sights. These are both things the Russians did with their Mosin-Nagants around WWII, to great effect.

It looks like artillery is probably next on the design agenda, but I'll let you argue the fine details a little more.

The production phase is what I call it when I need a little time to write up the battle report (by the way, check out the OOC thread).

RE: Complaining. Consider that an 'oops'.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1911 Design
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 03:37:33 am »

So, our current problems :

- Close Combat encounters
     - Hard to use sidearm
- Mountain Fighting
- Hot weather fighting
- Resource supply

While Artillery is nice, I don't think it's going to help with any of these. I mean, it'll be too heavy to utilize in the Jungle or Mountains, and a cannon is not good in close quarter combat, except by eliminating the close quarters in question.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 217