Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230176 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #720 on: August 06, 2015, 07:34:49 am »

ebbor, your third quote earlier refers to OUR tank having AP shells.

Yup I know. I just wanted to note AP was a real concern.

suspicious? maybe a little. But not a proof.

Off course not. But which is worse, suspicion that metagaming was used for advantage, or the knowledge that metagaming was used, but not to any advantage. I mean, it's no secret that Moskurg reads our thread, they admitted it themselves repeatedly. Thus the relevation that one of us read their thread should be of no importance.

Dropping the issue now, but I just wanted to show that Moskurg aren't saints either.
Mind you, ebbor, courts deal with facts, not hearsay.
If Arstotzka wanted some kind of integrity they should plead guilty to the league of nations on this front, and lets see how much they are going to cap your armed forces to.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 06, 2015, 07:36:26 am »

Let's just stop the arguments. No one's going to metagame any more and throwing shit doesn't help.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 06, 2015, 07:58:05 am »

Spoiler: Answer to inquery (click to show/hide)

I don't know why you're so hung up about this. Let's not forget one of your players actually accidentally posted in our thread.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 06, 2015, 08:03:31 am »

That's enough, ebbor. Arguing about this further gets us nowhere. If it happens again feel free but at the moment there's no point.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 06, 2015, 08:08:00 am »

That's enough, ebbor. Arguing about this further gets us nowhere. If it happens again feel free but at the moment there's no point.

Agreed. Let's just all drop it.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 06, 2015, 08:15:56 am »

You could consider using a hidden quicktopic.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 06, 2015, 08:34:32 am »

a hidden qt sounds like a perfectly reasonable solution to this whole problem

sensei?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 06, 2015, 08:41:07 am »

It doesn't.

It sounds like an overly complex solution to a problem which doesn't exist. And one likely to kill of or damage the game, or at the very least be a tremendous hassle for anyone who wants to join.

Besides, we should have access to the other teams thread for espionage purposes. Or how else did you know to steal our new and advanced fuel injection, or all those espionage actions you inflicted on us?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 06, 2015, 08:46:43 am »

I think they just ordered to steal the tank( sure, both engine techs were expensive. But they were there). It just happened that we succeeded in making one of them cheap in our most predictable revision.
Just like when we ordered to sabotage their trains and instead ended up sabotaging their newly designed ones instead of the old ones.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 06, 2015, 08:52:24 am »

I don't generally mind you guys reading the other thread, as long as you're not blatantly making non-espionage decisions based on enemy equipment that hasn't seen the field yet. It's part of the fun reading all the shenanigans on both teams, and I occasionally dispense rules clarifications in only one thread.
Espionage allows reading the other thread.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 06, 2015, 08:52:35 am »

can confirm, i ordered the tank stolen before you fixed your fuel problems - in fact, sensei can confirm that too

but yeah, the qt won't retroactively prevent past salt, it'll prevent future salt

and it's not like you can't base espionage actions off of the state of the army in battle report

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 06, 2015, 09:04:12 am »

The QT thread will kill off the game, eventually. It will prevent anyone new from joining. If it doesn't then it's ineffective against any people who want to metagame. It will greatly reduce enjoyement, introduce another hazzle, and increase GM workload.

The correct way to prevent future and past salt is to look back at what happened, and realize you're making a fuzz about nothing, and being hypocritical at the same time (which I will freely admit includes me as well).

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 06, 2015, 09:23:15 am »

I was the most vocal proponent of a cheap tank killer light vehicle for like 4 turns or something ever since you put out the T1.  There was no need to read any thread to know we needed to counter your armor with SOMETHING since we had nothing that countered it.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 06, 2015, 09:30:11 am »

1) the T1 was adequately countered, since we made significant gains during its use.

2) could everyone drop it? nothing bad happened, a problem was highlighted and I am sure all parties will behave better now. There is no need to continue.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 06, 2015, 09:52:26 am »

2) could everyone drop it? nothing bad happened, a problem was highlighted and I am sure all parties will behave better now. There is no need to continue.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 159