Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 109

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3x Elemental Clash  (Read 76120 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread
« Reply #1290 on: March 25, 2016, 10:20:03 pm »

Nantale sighed and moved closer to the commotion, calling out,

"What my companions mean is that it's the after effects of a sickness. We have taken her to several priests but sadly she is cursed to remain like this. Due to how she looks, and people's reactions to it, she wears the clothes she does so as to not cause a commotion. Now, you said to head to the markets? If you could direct us there as we are not native to this city?"

11-13

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 25, 2016, 10:31:14 pm »

"Yes. This human is very ill."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 26, 2016, 12:15:16 am »

Though Aenbarr didn't need too much in the way of disguise, he was still grumpy about being bipedal once more. The many discomforts of traveling by ship, the problems of hoof maintenance without another tarvos around, having to take the ill-tempered native from the island along with them, depending on those people's assistance in first place and therefore being unable to refuse; he could withstand it all with the dour resignation of someone doing their duty. But it still stung when he had to abandon the original form he had grown in and his family was so proud of.

"..."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 26, 2016, 01:12:46 am »

Quote from:  Diplomacy Rolls
Target: 45 Roll: 52+15 = 67 Fail!
Target: 66 Roll: 73-10 = 63 Pass!

The pair of acolytes gave each other a perplexed look, not quite believing what the group was trying to sell. The part about the curse seemed reasonable enough to acolytes of their level; however, what was really offputting to them was the "foreign lands" that the robed woman had mentioned. They'd assumed some of the group were from Ardis and the rest of them mercenaries, but no one they had ever met claimed to be from foreign lands before. Maybe she was a crazy person and the rest were her guardians.

"Uh, miss in the robes? Could you tell us about these 'foreign lands' of yours first?"

Rydell sighed. At the very least, the acolytes' attention wasn't on Larini anymore.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 01:17:56 am by F.O.E. »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3 The Hunted Resistance
« Reply #1294 on: March 26, 2016, 08:17:30 am »

"Oh. The rest of these folks are from Ardis--mercenaries and common folk--I use that term humorously because of how different we all are to cheer your mood up. I believe it's not common for you to see a motley group if you'd mention the Resistance? Pardon this old scholar's whims, she just notices the tone of the day being a bit too...grim. Or maybe has been reading too many novels of rebels and empires."

Elysia responded in the most ambivalent face she could. Which usually meant with the slightest hint of a smile added in.

"That said, a local doctor is not needed. I am the madam's aide, and any sickly person that I could not contain wouldn't be in such a proximity to my person and my colleagues. Back to our mutual concern: What's this Resistance again? I find myself wholly unupdated lately. Excuse my memory, I merely want to be sure once more."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:42:20 am by Tiruin »

Melissa

• Bay Watcher
  • Ssssss~
    • View Profile
    • My stream!
« Reply #1295 on: March 26, 2016, 08:36:53 am »

: "We're hurrying, we're hurrying!" she said, quickly, rushing past him and into the small safety of the walls. "You can't close that, can you? Would make things a lot better for us. And uh, does the one up there open?" She pointed at the gate north of the house, you could never tell with these old structures. She didn't want to have to turn and fight without knowing how many men they'd be facing... But there was no telling when reinforcements would show themselves.

Mahkin to 27,15, ask a lotta questions

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 26, 2016, 03:10:40 pm »

Inido scooches over slightly so they can all pass, waiting patiently.
"I can, in fact. Hold on.."

"What do those men want with all of you, anyway?"

Hold
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 09:10:34 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Melissa

• Bay Watcher
  • Ssssss~
    • View Profile
    • My stream!
« Reply #1297 on: March 26, 2016, 03:39:18 pm »

You should wait until next turn to let the NPCs in, for closing the gate
: "Thank you! They're, uh... We're a part of the resistance and they're... Well, we broke off of the main group, and they managed to get away. They chased us down though, so I think they really wanna finish some part of it off. They were pretty steamed."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 26, 2016, 03:42:11 pm »

"It's a good thing I was here, then. You're welcome to stay... well, in this.. courtyard... as long as you need. But it's not strictly mine."
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 27, 2016, 06:18:48 pm »

Larini eased past the priest.
"This human hears wingbeats. Maybe big flying lizards are coming? Ooh, or the flying horsies!"

11, 14

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 01, 2016, 11:09:20 am »

Quote from: Diplomacy
Target: 45 Roll: 3 = 3 Pass!

For whatever reason, the acolyte's concerns were completely pacified with Elysia's explanation.

"The Resistance are a bunch of traitors," the acolytes explained, a cold rage in their eyes. "They've turned their back on the Goddess, our Goddess, The Holy Maiden Iris, and allied themselves with monsters! And now they run amok terrorizing the good citizens of Crayld because we don't have the power to stop them."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 02, 2016, 12:51:31 am »

"The Resistance are a bunch of traitors,"
"Indeed..."

"Could I ask what you mean by monsters? Are these insects? Pests? Do you require aid?"

Elysia nodded as the acolyte spoke with passion, in between his words she could see the fierce zealotry that told her that any talk about monsters would be a bad idea, though she mused that she could pull it off given her first impression. Zealous sidecommentary didn't hurt, did it?

"How unfortunate."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 02, 2016, 02:34:12 pm »

"I wish that's all they were. But nay, these monsters can take the forms of humans with somewhat telling remnants of their monstrous counterparts. They've become skilled at hiding them, however."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 02, 2016, 05:05:00 pm »

"..."
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 109